Default Am i the only one who thinks calzaghe b l o w s

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Am i the only one who thinks calzaghe b l o w s

Yes, now get over it. Mind explaining? Just give him some credit and move on, he has manned up and looks to be taking the big fights. I dont know what you could say bad about him rather than his hands. Otherwise its just something personal like you dont like his style and your entitled to your opinion. I think he has got great hand speed, he presses the fight alot, and throws in good countering with his defense. He was making Kessler who is very accurate come up short of connecting clean.(Most of the time)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes hes gutsy Ill give you that but his skills are very sloppy, ill keep watching him i suppose mabey hell grow on me

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by pacdog
    Yes hes gutsy Ill give you that but his skills are very sloppy.
    If your not a fan by now chances are you wont ever be one.

ill keep watching him i suppose mabey hell grow on me
    You'll keep watching maybe he'll grow on you
    You do realize you've got about 2 fights to go on his career. Maybe 3.....
    Your a little behind on that one. I would suggest you move onto some other boxer.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's no textbook boxer thats for sure, thats what makes him so entertaining. You dont know if he's gonna throw a windmill haymaker, or throw a great 4 punch combo. I'm not a fan of his jab, its more of a pesky range finder. He does time them well and with the speed he was snapping a few off in Kesslers face but they didnt do much damage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

id like to see him against a good fighter like hopkins, even though b hop is old id still give him some respect should he win,,,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes hes gutsy Ill give you that but his skills are very sloppy, ill keep watching him i suppose mabey hell grow on me
    I think the reason he looks so sloppy is that he is a SouthPaw. Can you name 6 SouthPaws who look great while fighting? Who don't look ackward and or sloppy? Joe has done pretty good for himself. He has not faught the best but when the so called good competion was there Lacy, Kessler, Sheika, Mitchell, Veit, Bika. Calzaghe has beat them. Who else holds 20 something title defenses? So many people said that Kessler would beat the snot out of Calzaghe and Joe C took the young Kessler to school. Just imagine if Calzaghe was 27 years old. He would have killed Kessler right? lol
    You keep playing the old card for Mosley but you don't give the Brit any credit? WTF?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yes and Im sure if calzaghe was 27 hed be much better skill wise i totally agree with that, your punches are just more accurate and timing is better i think lacy was a horrendously bad fighter to be honest he was hyped by showtime he was not the ral dreal but a fabrication

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yes and Im sure if calzaghe was 27 hed be much better skill wise i totally agree with that, your punches are just more accurate and timing is better i think lacy was a horrendously bad fighter to be honest he was hyped by showtime he was not the ral dreal but a fabrication
    Joe himself said that he is fighting at his best right now and is much better than he was 10 years ago. Your digging yourself a big hole....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

eagle almost every athlete says that , give me a break whats he gonna say I have lost alot but still competing? Your competing thats like saying im gonna go in there and get my a** kicked you dont say that before a fight you have to show confidence, did evander holyfield say time and time again im better now then ever hes said tyhat at 36, 37 40 etc... im not saying joes not good but barring he getting into boxing very late no your not better at 36 then 27, lennox lewis was but was he? what if lewis learned more amercian type boxing younger would he have been better at 36 as opposed to 26 of course not.. he was more expereinced he changed styles, mike tyson is not at 36 what he was at even 30 let alone 26

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

eagle almost every athlete says that , give me a break whats he gonna say I have lost alot but still competing? Your competing thats like saying im gonna go in there and get my a** kicked you dont say that before a fight you have to show confidence, did evander holyfield say time and time again im better now then ever hes said tyhat at 36, 37 40 etc... im not saying joes not good but barring he getting into boxing very late no your not better at 36 then 27, lennox lewis was but was he? what if lewis learned more amercian type boxing younger would he have been better at 36 as opposed to 26 of course not.. he was more expereinced he changed styles, mike tyson is not at 36 what he was at even 30 let alone 26
    U said Calzaghe was better at 27 than he is now which is wrong. Plain and simple.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How many bad threads can the same person start in one day? I think we're at 6 and counting right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

id like to see him against a good fighter like hopkins, even though b hop is old id still give him some respect should he win,,,
    No you wouldn't, you'd just say Joe beat an over the hill Hopkins and it didn't prove anything. If Hopkins wouldn't have backed out in 2002 we all could have seen the fight, but that issue has been argued in other threads. So you would like for him to fight someone good? I thought he just did fight the #2 that held 2 belts, not to mention Lacy who was only overhyped after he got the shoes beat off him. If you don't like Joe don't watch him. Like someone else said, it's a little too late to have him grow on you.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea
    How many bad threads can the same person start in one day? I think we're at 6 and counting right now.
    Good question. Saddo should have a room that people get banished to for misbehaving. "Go stand in the corner" room.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

pretty much
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Thread Information