0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default New guy here

I have a few questions about boxing and trainging
    heres a list
    First jump roping, for some reason I just cant seem to get it. Are there any good techniques I need to learn?
    Shadow boxing, how to perform it?
    Now for the heavy bag, I want to know what is the best routine?
    now i have always been a big guy, when i train i have trained more for muscle, but the question is do I weight train first then train on the bag or vise versa?
    and what are the reps and sets? I am right now trying to loose weight, after my girlfriend had our baby we both gained weight like crazy. i was at the biggest I ever was 6' at 300. I am at 270 right now and trying to do something other than running for cardio, i have the baby to care for so i dont get to train as often as i would like, this is why i want to take up boxing, i see what shape these warriors have to be in on-order to go 12 rounds. so if anyone can help me i would be very thankful.

thank you Josh

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: New guy here

Try skipping around foot to foot like kids do; just at first for a while .Then when you get the rope thing happening just start with double foot jumps and get that timing down perfect,and then go to single feet jumps after that and then speed up with different rythyms and foot placments later.

Heavy bag , dont just go wacking at it. Make sure your punches are all correct and your wrist aligned properly before you go hard at. Many people feel great the first few hits and get tired fast and sloppy and sprain their wrists and become gun shy for ever because of it. Take it easy get everything correct first.

Shadow boxing is imaginary fighting;Your visulizing the opponets every move while ducking weaving throwing bloking utilizing your footwork and stance shifts ,punch combos etc etc. Its the next best thing to sparring and is only limited by your imagination.
    It allows you to put everythig together without being under pressure first.

IF you want to be a great fighter loosen up what you got ,warm up joints beofre every session and stretch alot so you end up flexable all over and more adaptable to positon changes,that way what your mind thinks gets through to what your does with so much more flow.

Others are better qualified to fill you in on the weights and bag ratio .
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey thanks alot I will try that tomm. I was trying to do the jump rope today and it kept getting caught on my shoe, but i think i am getting use to it. My major problem is i am 270 this is alot of gerth to be moving up in down if you know what i mean? All i have right now is the bag and i am kind of tight on money so i cant get a speed bag, but do you know of anything i can do with out the speed bag in order to get faster? And again thank you for the reply.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A tennis ball or solid soft rubber dog ball from a pet shop (burn a hole through it with a skewer for the thread) on elastic or just string hung off your eaves or off a ceiling a couple of feet off a wall so you punch at it and it bounces back at you, can help with focus and speed of reaction time.

You can hang anything off a tree or clothsline that will swing back and forth in a big arc and you lightly punch at it and move your feet for aviodance and turn to face it as it comes back etc then block or try to hit it again,you can stand still and just weave your head out the way and let it come back over your shoulder circle your head around it ,what ever you like.tap and weave, hit and shift.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Thread Information