Quote Originally Posted by Sharla
I like all those points - especially the one about the judges - I often feel like there is a bit of an art to winning over the judges that is something separate from just being as effective as possible.

My training is sort of happening but not very structured. I'm having to take it one day at a time to work around uni commitments a bit. I have managed to prevent uni stuff from cutting into my actual boxing trainings too much but I have to be flexible to get in the conditioning workouts - include more of it as transport cycling or running or do really short sessions with sprints. Very haphazard!

At least the nationals will be in Queensland in December which will be really hot and the work I'm doing outside in the sun at the moment means I'll be the most heat acclimatized fighter there - just add flies and dirt and I'll have a real advantage! I swear soooo many flies - I go to sleep at night and I can still hear them!

You are very organized in advance. I have just under one month left and don't really have a firm plan except that I'll try to get in weights for the first three weeks and want to really work on improving my competition mentality.
Well, the only reason im getting prepared so early is because it's easier for me this year as my college stuff is work based...
After that, it's because i want this bad...this is actually what i dreamed of when i started boxing to win a national senior title...
I got the motivation and the physical ability so hopefully i can pull it off.

And you will too!
How long you been training for this? How much have you sacrificed? Of course your going to do well!!!