Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Joan Guzman has the tool to beat Pac and JMM

As much as I dislike the guy for his cockyness, He has the tools to beat both Pac and JMM.
    He's fast a good boxer and can take a punch. Not a smart move for Pac or JMM to fight him before they face each other.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Joan Guzman has the tool to beat Pac and JMM

Quote Originally Posted by bond007
    As much as I dislike the guy for his cockyness, He has the tools to beat both Pac and JMM.
    He's fast a good boxer and can take a punch. Not a smart move for Pac or JMM to fight him before they face each other.
    I agree, he's going to give them hell. Hard to hit and does take it good when he does get tagged.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hahaha...he may have the tools to beat Pac and JMM, but with his performance of running away against Soto, that will NEVER happen...

ESPN.com has an article talking about how Bob Arum REFUSES to promote a fight between Pac and Guzman cause Guzman would completely make the fight boring, and with this weekend's performance, no one wants to see Guzman (you should check it out, it's a good article)...

I'm sure Pacquiao will end up fighting Marquez in March and after that he will move up in weight. If Guzman made a good enough statement against Soto, which he didn't, he would make Pacquiao's decision to move up in weight much harder to complete.

In conclusion, YES, Guzman does have the tools, but, NO way will he get his dream fight with Pacquiao.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I still disagree largely, he has the tools... maybe. He hand speed is about the same as Pacquaio's, but Pacquaio is known for taking out guys who are very tough by wearing them down. I think he would hit Guzman with punches Guzman hasn't encountered before. Pacquaio is also a very skilled boxer not just a balls to the wall fighter which people mistake him for. He is a master of distance and timing, and he goes to the body very effective which gives any boxer troubles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    I still disagree largely, he has the tools... maybe. He hand speed is about the same as Pacquaio's, but Pacquaio is known for taking out guys who are very tough by wearing them down. I think he would hit Guzman with punches Guzman hasn't encountered before. Pacquaio is also a very skilled boxer not just a balls to the wall fighter which people mistake him for. He is a master of distance and timing, and he goes to the body very effective which gives any boxer troubles.
    CC for you my friend. im starting to see ur genius man. if guzman traded toe to toe with pac just like he did with soto he will find himself on the canvas. and his shoulder roll wouldnt work against a southpaw.if guzmans face blew up against a mediocre puncher like soto, how would his face look like against pac? soto hit him a bunch of times in the late rounds and he started to ride his bicycle.
    "speed is the essence of war"
    sun tzu-art of war

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by josef4334
    CC for you my friend. im starting to see ur genius man. if guzman traded toe to toe with pac just like he did with soto he will find himself on the canvas. and his shoulder roll wouldnt work against a southpaw.if guzmans face blew up against a mediocre puncher like soto, how would his face look like against pac? soto hit him a bunch of times in the late rounds and he started to ride his bicycle.

Quote Originally Posted by caleoh12
    Hahaha...he may have the tools to beat Pac and JMM, but with his performance of running away against Soto, that will NEVER happen...

ESPN.com has an article talking about how Bob Arum REFUSES to promote a fight between Pac and Guzman cause Guzman would completely make the fight boring, and with this weekend's performance, no one wants to see Guzman (you should check it out, it's a good article)...

I'm sure Pacquiao will end up fighting Marquez in March and after that he will move up in weight. If Guzman made a good enough statement against Soto, which he didn't, he would make Pacquiao's decision to move up in weight much harder to complete.

In conclusion, YES, Guzman does have the tools, but, NO way will he get his dream fight with Pacquiao.
    Guzman only ran in the last few rounds. Soto is a far more dangerous opponent than shot MAB/SOLIS/MORALES the third time. To call Soto a mediocre puncher shows a lack of boxing knowledge. And Arum does not want to make a Guzman fight,not because Guzman "ran" but because he knows Guzman's style would give Manny ALOT pf problems. And to whoever said shoulder rolls don't worlk v southpaws,err watch Mayweather v Zab,Sharmba etc etc. James Toney etc etc.

To say no-one wants to see Guzman is foolish. I can't think of anyone who DOESN'T want to see him.

ICB Guest

I think he does aswell he reminded me of Mayweather in his younger days he throws nice combos and has some snappy punches plus he is lighting fast he also has upper body movement very fluid and he is an excellent counter puncher the style that would give both Pacquiao and Marquez hell but it would bother Pacquiao more than Marquez imo.

ICB Guest

Another fan who doesn't appreciate all styles of boxing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    Guzman only ran in the last few rounds. Soto is a far more dangerous opponent than shot MAB/SOLIS/MORALES the third time. To call Soto a mediocre puncher shows a lack of boxing knowledge. And Arum does not want to make a Guzman fight,not because Guzman "ran" but because he knows Guzman's style would give Manny ALOT pf problems. And to whoever said shoulder rolls don't worlk v southpaws,err watch Mayweather v Zab,Sharmba etc etc. James Toney etc etc.

To say no-one wants to see Guzman is foolish. I can't think of anyone who DOESN'T want to see him.
    soto is a mediocre puncher in my book. its called opinion. its not about boxing knowledge. soto took 7 rounds to drop bobby pac. an elite fighter could have done that in a shorter amount of time. i dont bash soto. and i thought he did enough to win the fight. if soto had the knocking power we wont be talking guzman here.
    "speed is the essence of war"
    sun tzu-art of war

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Guzman could beat JMM but no way he beats PACMAN
    a fight with JMM would be a great boxing affair
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

First I don't think Soto is a huge puncher, but his power should definitely be respected. I also don't think Pacquaio has all the power in the world at 130 and up, but he hits you so quickly along with that power that your totally thrown off, kind of like Roy Jones Jr. use to do to light heavyweight. The only difference is that Manny Pacquaio doesn't let off after 2 or 3 rounds, he always is in great shape and he dictates the pace. Guzman doesn't not have the pin point accuracy or defensive skills that Floyd Mayweathear Jr. possesses. I am not even saying Pacquaio will take Guzman out, but I am saying he will give Guzman a pounding if they fight. Pacquaio is the second best fighter in the world, in his prime, and he is becoming the full package. CC back jose

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

soto is a mediocre puncher in my book. its called opinion. its not about boxing knowledge. soto took 7 rounds to drop bobby pac. an elite fighter could have done that in a shorter amount of time. i dont bash soto. and i thought he did enough to win the fight. if soto had the knocking power we wont be talking guzman here.
    In this situation,it IS about boxing knowledge.Bobby Pac has only been stopped quicker 2 or 3 times out of his 13 losses.And if an elite fighter can do it quicker,Isigani Perez must be an elite in your opinion as he stopped Bobby pac in 1. Soto has won his last 6 via stoppage. He stopped Ivan Valle,Valle's ONLY stoppage loss.Soto also hurt Rocky Juarez more than JMM or MAB did,rocking him on quite a few occasions. So yes,it IS about knowledge.And me being a Soto fan,I take exception to him being called a "mediocre" puncher.He's not a massive puncher but he most certainly is not mediocre. I'm a big Soto fan and I acknowledge he didn't win the fight. Seriously Pacquaio fans...

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nonsense. Bob Arum doesn't want a fight between the two because of risk/reward, its a dangerous fight for Pacquaio and he knows it. I like Pac, I like action fighters and I still think Guzman's great to watch. A Pac/Guzman fight would be anything but boring.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Taeth is the most unbias/non-hater on the board. this guy sees the light now.

for every post you make, your a genius. Unlike the no-hopers that keeps doubting your knowledge

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan

Nonsense. Bob Arum doesn't want a fight between the two because of risk/reward, its a dangerous fight for Pacquaio and he knows it. I like Pac, I like action fighters and I still think Guzman's great to watch. A Pac/Guzman fight would be anything but boring.
    Exactly. Arum is just protecting his top investments.

Thread Information