Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default How should i fight????

Hi guys i have been greatly wondering what way to fight. I am five feet 11 and 160 pounds and an orthodox fighter. Im also 13 years old. I dont know if i should bob and weave like frazier or stay on the outside like vitali. Its also hard to decide because my strength and speed are about dead even. I have great foot speed and decent hand speed but i am also extremly strong. my style will change every fight depending on who i fight. if i fight shorter kids i will just dance and jab but if i box sum1 close to my height i am lost on what to do so i just throw haymakers pretty much .

It would be great if someone can tell me if i should dance or i should go straight forward like foreman.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How should i fight????

You've pretty much answered your own question mate

it depends on who you fight, you sound like a good all round judging by your weight, hand speed and power etc. So basicly just adapt to who ever you fight.

If I fight shorter guys I keep them at range and can afford to fight off the back foot and control the fight, for taller heavier guys I've got to try and get inside and keep as close as possible so they cannot hit at range. Thats just the way I fight though, theres no right or wrong way it all depends on what your good at and who your fighting.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with adam, consider yourself lucky you can adapt and change styles, if it ain't broke don't fix it would be my advice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Shadow box in the mirror and see if your leaving yourself open with your style. I have adapted to Ali's style for far away outside of jab punches and up close head to head i adapted mike tysons head weiving and some of my own moves and foot work. If your a slow punched but a strong one , then go inside there jabs like Mike Tyson and work them with uppercutts and ect. Just make sure you get it right in the mirror this way you dont have to worry about getting it right when someone punches you.

Missy is that you in your pic?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

TF sorry I had to change the av. it was getting too many men hot, however I think the new one will have the same effect.

When the new upgrade bugs, updated training section is sorted I'll give you links which help out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

thanks guys. But what style is more effective for someone of my size?

El Kabong Guest

at 160 and 5'11 you can pretty much do anything you want. Just be comfortable with your style, that's the main thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah Missy I was gonna see if she had a phone number but this chic is way better. (thats a chic right?)

Lyles right what ever works for you. We really cant say hey hes this big lets give him this stlye. If it worked like that boxers would know everyones style in the ring and it would be a pain in the ass. Look around on the web and see fighters fighting styles through video clips and try them out and see if you like it and feel comfortable with it.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Before you start deciding such things I would suggest mastering the craft. Once more I'llrecommend Edwin L. Haislet's 1940 book "Boxing" See in the old days being a "boxer" didn't automatically translate to scurrying around the ring floating slaps and powderpuff jabs. And Fighting inside didn't mean eating punches like peanuts and having a manic slugfest. Watch Alexis Arguello; very tall for his weight, he was expert at maintaing distance, fighting inside, working the body, and one punch KOs. Watch Gene Tunney, moving like fairy tales say Ali moved, with a ramrod jab a jolting straight right (that he used to great effect by landing to the solar plexus and the heart) Ricardo Lopez was tall for 105lbs. What I am getting at is this; learn to do it all and use it all in every fight.

Thread Information