Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How dominant does Floyd have to be against Hatton?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How dominant does Floyd have to be against Hatton?

Quote Originally Posted by Andre
    If Ricky can't hurt him early on there is only one hope left , by going all out for the kill at 110% and maybe wearing him down, Hatton trains up for 30 hard rounds, so he can and will do that ;Question is can Floyd win going backwards and sidways for most of a fight, I think he's smart and smooth enough unless he gets caught hard.
    Worth a few $ bet on HAtton for a ko however you look at it.
    Yea but most are discounting Mayweathers power and sharpness, Ricky is fighting at a weight that he isint accustomed to and a weight that Floyd has been fighting a couple of years, I think you will be suprised how early on Floyd will get respect and he backs Hatton up with Straight righys and Jabs. Ricky does not know what adjustments he has to make at 147 to be effective. The Colazzo campaign was a sucess but yet a failure seeing team Hatton knew they couldnt be the same at 147 so they immediately went back to 140 instead of continueing on at 147. mark my words hattons footwork and handspeed will not be the same at 147.

most are imaginig a 140 version of Hatton showing up and putting up that kind of fight, I'm sorry but he isint and if you think he is going to just waltz right in at 147 and KO the best Friggin boxer in the world with a mythological body shot, your on some major crack

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy.
    I think if Floyd wins by a couple of rounds it will be dominant enough! As long as theres no controversy in the scoring & the win ain't disputed it'll be enough for me.
    HAtton cant win a close desicion in the states against the states/worlds, best, hahaha he has to ko him or he will loose; even if he is ahead on the rest of the worlds cards.
    You forget its all $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and futures.
    If this is true, then Luis Collazo would have won a decision against Ricky Hatton.
    Good call SweetPea
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock
    If Ricky can't hurt him early on there is only one hope left , by going all out for the kill at 110% and maybe wearing him down, Hatton trains up for 30 hard rounds, so he can and will do that ;Question is can Floyd win going backwards and sidways for most of a fight, I think he's smart and smooth enough unless he gets caught hard.
    Yea but most are discounting Mayweathers power and sharpness, Ricky is fighting at a weight that he isint accustomed to and a weight that Floyd has been fighting a couple of years, I think you will be suprised how early on Floyd will get respect and he backs Hatton up with Straight righys and Jabs. Ricky does not know what adjustments he has to make at 147 to be effective. The Colazzo campaign was a sucess but yet a failure seeing team Hatton knew they couldnt be the same at 147 so they immediately went back to 140 instead of continueing on at 147. mark my words hattons footwork and handspeed will not be the same at 147.

most are imaginig a 140 version of Hatton showing up and putting up that kind of fight, I'm sorry but he isint and if you think he is going to just waltz right in at 147 and KO the best Friggin boxer in the world with a mythological body shot, your on some major crack
    Oh I know, but realize it is Hattons only shot and they will train for it with that in mind, he cant out box Floyd ,but I already said that didnt I .
    Still worth the odds as a bet i think who ever you go for.
    No waltz ,no cat walk,no trippin.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

most are imaginig a 140 version of Hatton showing up and putting  up that kind of fight, I'm sorry but he isint and if you think he is going to just waltz right in at 147 and KO the best Friggin boxer in the world with a mythological body shot, your on some major crack
    Oh I know, but realize it is Hattons only shot and they will train for it with that in mind, he cant out box Floyd ,but I already said that didnt I .
    Just so you know I wasnt rolling my eyes at you in paticular, just in general

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think if Floyd wins by a couple of rounds it will be dominant enough! As long as theres no controversy in the scoring & the win ain't disputed it'll be enough for me.
    HAtton cant win a close desicion in the states against the states/worlds, best, hahaha he has to ko him or he will loose; even if he is ahead on the rest of the worlds cards.
    You forget its all $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and futures.
    If this is true, then Luis Collazo would have won a decision against Ricky Hatton.
    Good call SweetPea
    Maybe gents, but theres a hell of alot more on the cards this time around.

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well a couple of months ago I posted how if Floyd didn't k.o. Hatton I would lose some respect for him. If I remember correctly EAGLE called me out on it and basically said that is was silly to say that. It might be, but as little value as Floyd and Ellerbe have said that Hatton is; a wrestling, d-class, punk-a$$ below amatuer type fighter, then it really shouldn't be that difficult to get Hatton out of there{which I think Floyd will do to be honest}. If he does what he did to Gatti that's about the same thing and I will see either as dominant. But as vocal as he's been and this b.s. asking Ricky if he's "prepared to die", he won't look as good if it goes to the scorecards, in my eyes anyways. Also, they've already stated that this fight won't add anything to Floyd's legacy, it's just $$$ sense, so obviously they think very little of Hatton and as good as Floyd is he should knock out a d-class bum, right? Regardless, a win is a win at the end of the day and it's all opinion anyways. I'll be happy if Rick gets to the last round, but I don't see it.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jusy so you know I wasnt rolling my eyes at you in paticular, just in general
    Major crack ...

We had a big fat politian tried to smuggle 40 pounds of crack into our country latley.

I have put on alot of weight over winter ...but me , on major crack!

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    Floyd Sinclair.... umm, I mean Floyd Mayweather, is a solid favorite to beat Ricky Hatton, for many reasons.

So, therefore, Floyd doesn't just have to win, he needs to be convincing. Against Oscar, Floyd definitely won, but the fact that it was a competitive fight left some people saying that Floyd wasn't as dominant as he should have been.

So... how dominant does Floyd have to be for it to be considered a successful performance?

Does he need to KO/TKO Hatton? Does he have to win 9 rounds to 3? 10 rounds to 2?
    Mayweather's fight with Oscar was competitive in that he doens't have the power to dominate like Roy JOnes jr. or guys liek that. It was every bit the boxing lesson Whitaker gave Chavez. Being able to dodge almost every punch a fighter like Oscar throws while landing half your punches is amazing, and a sign of dominance IMO if the guy is a defensive fighter like Mayweather. He did what he wanted to in that fight except maybe finish it before the 12th round ended while Oscar did get him to the ropes, which Floyd allowed, he didn't land even close to as much as he wanted to.
    I agree with this for the most part. I thought Floyd clearly won the fight by a comfortable margin and was in control the whole time.
    I thought it was an A+ performance defensively. His main goal was to nullify Oscar's left hook, and he did that for the entire 12 rounds.
    But if Floyd was an A+ on defense, I thought he was only a B or B- offensively. We all know Floyd doesn't have KO power at 154, but I expected him to land and throw more punches than he did. He didn't really open up until the last few rounds, and even when compubox had him landing 50% or more, a lot of the punches weren't landing flush, Oscar was partially blocking them.
    If you watch the 11th round, Floyd was nailing Oscar with flush power shots, I expected Floyd to have several rounds like that, but he didn't really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i don't expect mayweather to be dominant in this fight. he is fighting a prime young tough undeafeated champion. if he dominants i will give him much respect same for hatton

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd Sinclair.... umm, I mean Floyd Mayweather, is a solid favorite to beat Ricky Hatton, for many reasons.

So, therefore, Floyd doesn't just have to win, he needs to be convincing. Against Oscar, Floyd definitely won, but the fact that it was a competitive fight left some people saying that Floyd wasn't as dominant as he should have been.

So... how dominant does Floyd have to be for it to be considered a successful performance?

Does he need to KO/TKO Hatton? Does he have to win 9 rounds to 3? 10 rounds to 2?
    He needs to stop Rick. Rick is the one moving up and taking the bigger risks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Daxx Kahn
    Quote Originally Posted by Kel
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    Mayweather fights the same way he did when he beat Henry Brussles or Shramba Mitchell he beats Hatton easily.
    Mitchell was top of his game wasnt he?

When Sharmbe faced Floyd he was slipping...By that time his best days were gone...He was a gate keeper by the time the two had met
    I was taking the piss, Sharmba was shot as fuck.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm looking for another Corrales, N'dou or Gatti type performance. Something along those lines would be lovely! Especially being there. We'll see. I'm actually worried for Floyd and I usually am not so I think I feel that Hatton is a big threat to him deep down. It really does all depend on how their styles are gonna mesh on the night.
    Just hope it meshes into one of those awe-inspiring displays by Floyd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he needs to be pretty dominant, but does not necessarily need to score a KO or stoppage. We got the p4p best fighter fighting a guy in Hatton who has shown some deficiencies lately, so I expect Floyd to be in control of the majority of the fight.

A KO or stoppage would be a bonus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kel

He needs to stop Rick. Rick is the one moving up and taking the bigger risks.
    No, sir. In truth, Hatton is the bigger man. The only reason Hatton is the one moving up is because Hatton has effectively stayed at the same weight class for ten years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by dasamm

I think he needs to be pretty dominant, but does not necessarily need to score a KO or stoppage. We got the p4p best fighter fighting a guy in Hatton who has shown some deficiencies lately, so I expect Floyd to be in control of the majority of the fight.

A KO or stoppage would be a bonus
    Das,

Ring Magazine, the most objective "ranking body" in our sport, has Ricky as #8 pound-for-pound.

Are some people holding Floyd to an unreasonable standard? Calzaghe just beat Kessler 7-5 or 8-4. And we all praised that victory. Rightly so.

If Floyd beats Ricky (a top ten P4P guy) by similar margins, isn't PBF due the same accolades as Joe C.?

Thread Information