Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How dominant does Floyd have to be against Hatton?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default How dominant does Floyd have to be against Hatton?

Floyd Sinclair.... umm, I mean Floyd Mayweather, is a solid favorite to beat Ricky Hatton, for many reasons.

So, therefore, Floyd doesn't just have to win, he needs to be convincing. Against Oscar, Floyd definitely won, but the fact that it was a competitive fight left some people saying that Floyd wasn't as dominant as he should have been.

So... how dominant does Floyd have to be for it to be considered a successful performance?

Does he need to KO/TKO Hatton? Does he have to win 9 rounds to 3? 10 rounds to 2?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How dominant does Floyd have to be against Hatton?

I think as long as he looks untroubled no one can bag him. A solid win say 117-111 would be fine.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather fights the same way he did when he beat Henry Brussles or Shramba Mitchell he beats Hatton easily.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    Mayweather fights the same way he did when he beat Henry Brussles or Shramba Mitchell he beats Hatton easily.
    OK.... but the question is... how dominant does he need to be for it to be considered successful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea
    OK.... but the question is... how dominant does he need to be for it to be considered successful.
    All he has to do is be himself. That\'s dominant enough.
    The wicked shall die by there own wickedness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

116-112 against another top ten p4p is fine.

Calzaghe just got mucho credit for a 8-4, 7-5 win. Right? And Kessler wasn't quite P4P-level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pretty much answers itself Sweet,,,Two KO and was winning every round on the cards at the point it happened....
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know why but something tells me it'll be a bad idea for PBF to sit on the ropes against Hatton and try to roll the punches.
    If you know Hatton you know he doesn't really go for the head when he has an opponent on the ropes. He prefers to attack the body. PBF needs to step to the side and get off the ropes before Hatton smuthers him there. If PBF can jab his way out he'll dominate Hatton. Something tells me PBFs right hand is gonna start acting funny with him due to some potential shots he'll take in the arm.

As for your question SweetPea I mean PBF's always somehow out shined his opponents whether it's early on in a fight or late in the fight. So as long as we see his dominace somewhere along the fight I'm sure no one will question his win. right

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    I don't know why but something tells me it'll be a bad idea for PBF to sit on the ropes against Hatton and try to roll the punches.
    If you know Hatton you know he doesn't really go for the head when he has an opponent on the ropes. He prefers to attack the body. PBF needs to step to the side and get off the ropes before Hatton smuthers him there. If PBF can jab his way out he'll dominate Hatton. Something tells me PBFs right hand is gonna start acting funny with him due to some potential shots he'll take in the arm.

As for your question SweetPea I mean PBF's always somehow out shined his opponents whether it's early on in a fight or late in the fight. So as long as we see his dominace somewhere along the fight I'm sure no one will question his win. right

Ha Ha Ha Ha....How many CC's you want to bet Mick for the next 5 days following the fight the board is nothing but threads on excuses for why each guy won or lost....The rest of the boxing world will dissapear

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Daxx Kahn
    Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick

Ha Ha Ha Ha....How many CC's you want to bet Mick for the next 5 days following the fight the board is nothing but threads on excuses for why each guy won or lost....The rest of the boxing world will dissapear
    5 days and about 100 different threads later.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Depends on what you mean by successful. In order to retain his god-like status, Floyd needs to outclass Hatton even if the scorecards are close. He can do this just by obviously being in control of certain aspects of the fight, even if he allows Hatton to score well.

But if it is a tough, hard-fought battle with advantage going back and forth, and Floyd just squeaks by - it is still a successful win, but he will lose some status as a near-unbeatable fighter.

In a sense, that loss of status would perhaps make the fight not a success for Floyd in the sense you are thinking, if I am understanding the nature of the question. It would make Floyd seem more 'normal.'

We'll just have to see if Hatton, even by way of a loss, can manage to make Floyd look normal. I'm thinking probably not.

I do think that Castillo beat Floyd first time around, and that if Oscar could have stayed on the offensive, he'd have beat him too. So it's not like he's unbeatable. But I'm not sure Hatton's the one to prove it. Soon to find out! Can't wait.

I'm not a Hatton-hater, by the way. Like him. Just going with Floyd for this fight.

ICB Guest

Clear cut decision by about 3 rounds any closer and the haters will be coming out of the woodwork.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NuthaPug

I do think that Castillo beat Floyd first time around, and that if Oscar could have stayed on the offensive, he'd have beat him too.
    I think it's fair to note that both those fights was Floyd fighting a bigger man at a new weight class.

Much like Hatton with Collazo.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mitchell was top of his game wasnt he?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kel
    Mitchell was top of his game wasnt he?

When Sharmbe faced Floyd he was slipping...By that time his best days were gone...He was a gate keeper by the time the two had met

Thread Information