Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: All You Floyd Haters Remember One Thing

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli Surfs In 'Nawlins
    You can down Mayweather all you want but outside of England Hatton isint really that recognized in a big way. Mayweather just gave Hatton a great opportunity to walk thru a gate of worldwide media attention, superstardom and exposure that he wouldnt come close to getting on a worlwide scale. Mayweather is making Hatton famous on a whole another level.

So next time you bitch about Floyd being flamboyant and arrogant at press conferences as well as 24/7 just remember that act is making your boy Famous
    In reality every fighter wants to make money.
    Something tells me Ricky could give a Sh!! about superstardom and Media attention.Thats Maywithers game.He wants to be filmed when he sleeps at night and pinches a loaf for christs sake!
    Floyds not "giving" Hatton anything....He'll have to earn that exposure.So will Floyd.
    Networks are the ultimate talent agent
    Really so Ricky would have HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM lets ee oh yea had a mega fight with the phenom Malignaggi if Floyd didnt make the fight

Wisen up ther ridgemont high Floyd is giving Ricky the fukin farm in this fight
    I'm not so sure Hatton is too arsed about super stardom and what the americans think about him tbh.
    I think that's more Mayweather's thing.

FACT is Hatton could sell out Wembley stadium fighting Gavin Rees in a unification

Hatton has become a superstar in the UK by being himself and not being an arrogant prick.
    Floyd has become a superstar because of the ODLH fight and they 24/7 and hype surrounding the fight. Basically he smack talked his way to superstardom before participating in a glorified sparring session with a cross dresser who had only legitimately won 1 fight since 2003.

The main reason Floyd is becoming a big draw is basically the same reason Naseem did over here:- punters want to see him get KO'd

Hatton is getting a decent wedge for this fight and he is getting the oppurtunity to fight the number 1 p4p fighter in the world but tbh he deserves the chance and that has fuck all to do with Floyd.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by eagle
    Its a sad part of boxing that a fighters drawing power is more important than his abilitiy in the ring.
    Well stated.

Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ono
    You can down Mayweather all you want but outside of England Hatton isint really that recognized in a big way. Mayweather just gave Hatton a great opportunity to walk thru a gate of worldwide media attention, superstardom and exposure that he wouldnt come close to getting on a worlwide scale. Mayweather is making Hatton famous on a whole another level.

So next time you bitch about Floyd being flamboyant and arrogant at press conferences as well as 24/7 just remember that act is making your boy Famous
    Something tells me Ricky could give a Sh!! about superstardom and Media attention.Thats Maywithers game.He wants to be filmed when he sleeps at night and pinches a loaf for christs sake!
    Floyds not "giving" Hatton anything....He'll have to earn that exposure.So will Floyd.
    Really so Ricky would have HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM lets ee oh yea had a mega fight with the phenom Malignaggi if Floyd didnt make the fight

I'm not so sure Hatton is too arsed about super stardom and what the americans think about him tbh.

FACT is Hatton could sell out Wembley stadium fighting Gavin Rees in a unification

Hatton has become a superstar in the UK by being himself and not being an arrogant prick.
    Floyd has become a superstar because of the ODLH fight and they 24/7 and hype surrounding the fight. Basically he smack talked his way to superstardom before participating in a glorified sparring session with a cross dresser who had only legitimately won 1 fight since 2003.

The main reason Floyd is becoming a big draw is basically the same reason Naseem did over here:- punters want to see him get KO'd

Hatton is getting a decent wedge for this fight and he is getting the oppurtunity to fight the number 1 p4p fighter in the world but tbh he deserves the chance and that has fuck all to do with Floyd.
    The highlighted is absolutely AWESOME man!! CC.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo

why thank you

returned my lost watching friend

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton is getting a decent wedge for this fight and he is getting the oppurtunity to fight the number 1 p4p fighter in the world but tbh he deserves the chance and that has F*** all to do with Floyd.
    whatever to the both of you

then if you want to see him get Ko'D so bad and if not a hardcore fan, then using your own slang that would make a person a muppet then huh? because whether you tune in for the love of Floyd or Hatton or the desire to see 1st hand Mayweather sparked, your still lining his pockets with cash. Thats whats making your Boy hatton an even bigger gazzillionaire. Floyd is a salesman and a fukin good one. you been sold a friggin bill of goods and you dont even know it.

like I said when Floyd is runnin around town in a Phantom throwing dollar bills around and shouting he's the greatest, its making Hatton's bank roll larger and larger. So bitch all you want but I can Guaranfukintee that Mayweather will be getting a Nice big appreciative Christmas card from hatton and the gotdam phoenix boxing club, you best believe that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Actually,I know when I've been sold goods and when I havent',this is one of them. Mayweather is getting nothing from me,thanks to Sopcast It's the guys that pay $49.95 to see him in sparring sessions that I feel for (Just kidding bro!)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather's not stupid - he's not fighting Ricky Hatton for nothing. As a businessman, he knows very well what Hatton brings to his pockets...er, the table. I'm sure PBF was watching the Castillo fight, checking out how many people made the trip to support their fighter, and weighing pros and cons against fighting Hatton. Sure, plenty of people are going to buy the PPV in hopes that PBF gets beat, but truth is, a lot of Hatton fans are going to buy tickets, PPV, etc. - generating a lot of cash for PBF.

It's not some gift that Floyd's giving Ricky to fight him. He's making more money out of this than probably any other fight than a ODLH rematch. I'm not even sure a Cotto or Mosley fight would draw as well.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton is getting a decent wedge for this fight and he is getting the oppurtunity to fight the number 1 p4p fighter in the world but tbh he deserves the chance and that has F*** all to do with Floyd.
    whatever to the both of you

then if you want to see him get Ko'D so bad and if not a hardcore fan, then using your own slang that would make a person a muppet then huh? because whether you tune in for the love of Floyd or Hatton or the desire to see 1st hand Mayweather sparked, your still lining his pockets with cash. Thats whats making your Boy hatton an even bigger gazzillionaire. Floyd is a salesman and a fukin good one. you been sold a friggin bill of goods and you dont even know it.

like I said when Floyd is runnin around town in a Phantom throwing dollar bills around and shouting he's the greatest, its making Hatton's bank roll larger and larger. So bitch all you want but I can Guaranfukintee that Mayweather will be getting a Nice big appreciative Christmas card from hatton and the gotdam phoenix boxing club, you best believe that.
    wowzas you sound just like him.

seriously i do see where your coming from but i can't work out if mayweather is really fucking stupid or if he's smarter than stephen hawkings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

...i can't work out if mayweather is really F****** stupid or if he's smarter than stephen hawkings.
    See below :

Quote Originally Posted by bcollins
    Mayweather's not stupid - he's not fighting Ricky Hatton for nothing. As a businessman, he knows very well what Hatton brings to his pockets...er, the table. I'm sure PBF was watching the Castillo fight, checking out how many people made the trip to support their fighter, and weighing pros and cons against fighting Hatton. Sure, plenty of people are going to buy the PPV in hopes that PBF gets beat, but truth is, a lot of Hatton fans are going to buy tickets, PPV, etc. - generating a lot of cash for PBF.

It's not some gift that Floyd's giving Ricky to fight him. He's making more money out of this than probably any other fight than a ODLH rematch. I'm not even sure a Cotto or Mosley fight would draw as well.
    Very very well stated.

I honestly hate to hear it leave his lips...but years ago Floyd made the statement "That if it make dollars it make sense."

No matter what you think of his attitude outside of the mat...Floyd is one hell of a fighter & an even smarter business man. Seriously...look at where he was when he was making "slave wages" years ago fighting for Arum & HBO...he's gettin paid in the fwockin shade now.

You gotta hand it to the man...his attitude & persona have gotten him paid.

Being the bad guy works for some better than being the down to earth homebwoy from Manchester or the luveable latino from...well...wherever Oscar claims to hail from.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd is giving Hatton the chance to stake a claim at P4P #1, that is an opportunity for any fighter regardless of how much money he could make fighting a bum instead or how many seats he sells at Wembley.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Guys who were hated in their Prime:
    Muhammad Ali
    Jack Dempsey Jake LaMotta
    Jack Johnson
    Harry Greb
    Pernell Whittaker

It's not gonna bother Floyd to much what we think of him when he's sitting next to the fire in the HoF!

Once again I certainly hope Ricky can pull this one off. He looks fit from trining vids, although iv seen him leaner (probably due ti the luxury of the 7lbs...) He does look a good deal bigger and wider, seems to be throwing less shots in training but they all look like they're landing with one purpose so perhaps their plan is just to implement blunt force trauma.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by global
    Floyd is giving Hatton the chance to stake a claim at P4P #1, that is an opportunity for any fighter regardless of how much money he could make fighting a bum instead or how many seats he sells at Wembley.
    Going by that train of thought you could just as easily say Hatton is giving Mayweather the chance to stay at number 1p4p.

Who was the last p4p fighter Mayweather fought?

He wasn't going to stay at number 1 for much longer when you have guys like Hopkins, Pac, Calzaghe etc... recently competing with other p4p fighters.

So as well as Floyd giving Hatton the opportunity to fight for the p4p crown, Hatton is (by your analogy) giving Floyd the opportunity to hang on to the crown.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Going by that train of thought you could just as easily say Hatton is giving Mayweather the chance to stay at number 1p4p.

He wasn't going to stay at number 1 for much longer when you have guys like Hopkins, Pac, Calzaghe etc... recently competing with other p4p fighters.

So as well as Floyd giving Hatton the opportunity to fight for the p4p crown, Hatton is (by your analogy) giving Floyd the opportunity to hang on to the crown.
    A great point Ono.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Being the bad guy works for some better than being the down to earth homebwoy from Manchester or the luveable latino from...well...wherever Oscar claims to hail from.
    CC Wacko - you know I can't stand Mayweather, but I respect what he can do inside and outside the ring. He knows his business.

CC for that one, too - both fighters are getting a lot out of this fight. Aside from the mountains of cash, they both stand to gain from this fight. Floyd needs more top-quality names on his resume, especially since he obviously wants to be known as an ATG. He's had a great career, but he probably needs a few more wins against superior, p4p fighters if he wants the legacy. And Ricky gets to test himself against the best boxer in the world. Honestly, it's win-win for Hatton, even in defeat...especially if he puts on a good showing, which I really think he will. A Hatton win propels him to the top of the business.

I think they both benefit a lot from this matchup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Both my point and your point are both subjective but the burden of proof is my way and here is why

Calzaghe- hasnt fought a PFP fighter
    Hopkins- Yea he fought Winky who is a Middle weight that gained over 10lbs for a one time catchweight close to Lightheavy before that he beat a 6'2 walking milkdud and previous to that he lost to Taylor 2x

Pac hasnt fought a PFP fighter since he fought Barrera the 1st time and maybe Morales back in 2004

Hatton hasnt beat a PFP fighter unless Tszyu was still considered after his layoff, Castillo was shot as all hell too

Same as Floyd I dont recall him fighting any PFP recently or ever, so there all in the same boat, thats why its called PFP there not all in the same weight class and are often to many weights apart that the lighter guy is given up so much weight it would change his whole style, like Hopkins vs Wright

Nice try and I give you and A for effort but nothing doing pal 

Thread Information