Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Honestly, Who the Hell Does Fernando Vargas Rank Higher Than?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Honestly, Who the Hell Does Fernando Vargas Rank Higher Than?

In the all time, all weight division rankings, does this guy even come out higher than John Ruiz? The biggest win of his crap career isn't even seen as a win by most (the Winky gift), and he's been not only beaten, but battered around the ring like a rag doll in every big fight he ever had. Even when he cheats he gets KTFO. And to top it all off he gets outboxed, (not just defeated, but outboxed for the love of God), by Ricardo Mayorga. I cannot think of a single champion (unified champion or alphabet belt holder), who this bum ranks higher than. He's the worst fighter I've ever seen and if he gets into the IBHOF that committee should be lined up and uniformly bitch slapped.

ICB Guest

Default Re: Honestly, Who the Hell Does Fernando Vargas Rank Higher Than?

Oh come off it i may not like Vargas but he has been exciting he is also the youngest Lightmiddleweight champion in history and he has some good wins over Ike Quartey, Winky Wright, Luis Ramon Campas, Raul Marquez, Javier Castillejo, don't kick a man whiles he down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hes probably the most talented underachiever in boxings history,

Have you even seen him fight tito, oscar, and mosely?

He was winning when mosely stopped him the first time, Gave the great tito trinidad and oscar dela hoya trouble in both fights for the entire time they lasted, The tito fight ruined him aswell, Things would have been diferent if it werent for that fight

166 was far too big for him and it showed the other night and he still couldnt be stopped
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The fact no other boxer is history has done what he did (youngest light middle weight champion) is reason enough to be in the hof. But like stated above he does have some good wins IMO Ike Quartey being the biggest, and he did give trouble to fighters like Oscar, Trinidad, Mosley. He also had a pretty good fan base he is an entertaining guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by outspoken
    The fact no other boxer is history has done what he did (youngest light middle weight champion) is reason enough to be in the hof. But like stated above he does have some good wins IMO Ike Quartey being the biggest, and he did give trouble to fighters like Oscar, Trinidad, Mosley. He also had a pretty good fan base he is an entertaining guy.
    I agree about his fanbase but disagree about him being the youngest ever 154 lb champion as being note worthy. IMO, the only time that is impressive is when it's done by a heavyweight (Floyd Patterson and Mike Tyson). There's 17 weight divisions so by implication, 17 people out their are the youngest to win belts in them. I don't see how those 17 just automatically become HOFers. Especially considering 154 was an absolute wasteland when Vargas won his belt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Had he avoided Tito when he was "just a baby" (as Tito himself said) he would have had the potential to be great.

His defense was legit when he was developing as a kid. Trinidad's left hooks pushed that lateral defense into it's coffin.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashcrusher
    In the all time, all weight division rankings, does this guy even come out higher than John Ruiz? The biggest win of his crap career isn't even seen as a win by most (the Winky gift), and he's been not only beaten, but battered around the ring like a rag doll in every big fight he ever had. Even when he cheats he gets KTFO. And to top it all off he gets outboxed, (not just defeated, but outboxed for the love of God), by Ricardo Mayorga. I cannot think of a single champion (unified champion or alphabet belt holder), who this bum ranks higher than. He's the worst fighter I've ever seen and if he gets into the IBHOF that committee should be lined up and uniformly bitch slapped.
    You're an idiot.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk
    You're an idiot.

http://www.jorgemata.info/ultimas%20...aedelahoya.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk
    You're an idiot.
    Good call.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont think Vargas is a HOF fighter. He want afraid to take on the big names but really his biggest win is probably Ike Quartey. Just shy of the HOF imo.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Vargas was far from ready to face some of the guys he did and he still made an impact. He had heart, skill and bollocks to match.

ICB Guest

I understand what people are saying but i don't think it would of mattered Vargas would of lost to Tito, Oscar, Shane, anytime in his career.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Honestly, Who the Hell Does Fernando Vargas Rank Higher Than?

Me....and most likely, you.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Spoken like a true hater. And like someone with very little boxing knowledge

El Kabong Guest

You cannot hate a fighter like Vargas....he put his heart out there every fight and you knew as a fan you would get his best.

Hating Vargas is like hating Jake Lamatta....it's really hard to do as a fan because he was in such good fights and laid it on the line in every fight.

He's not like Floyd Mayweather Jr. he won't talk shit and build up a fight just to end up running away from danger....he fought every second of every round...he's a warrior and it cost him in the end as Trinidad battered him but his heart never said die.....he's the reason doctors and refs are allowed to stop fights.

When Ricardo Mayorga respects you enough as a fighter to beg for your forgiveness (for his trash talk during the build up for the fight) after beating you in a fight you are a worthy gladiator.

You don't have to like Fernando Vargas but you have to love what he represents as a fighter (minus the 'roids of course)

Thread Information