Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default England XI at 2010 world cup

right after the failure we have just witness, its time to start looking ahead to the world cup... If you look at out first XI now alot of these players will still be around for the World cup, in fact almost everyone of them... So here's my starting XI For the world cup should we get there haha...

GK- P. Robinson- Will still only will be about 31, whick is young for a keeper and has been faultless untill he lost his confidence this season. Will return to his best.

RB- M. Richards- Will still be so young but will have a bag load of caps by then.. Will possibly be with one of the big fours sides and one of the best defenders in the world.

CB- J. Terry- Will still be captain marvel and will be just as good as an defender by this world cup.. his experience will be vital along with his passion.

CB- R. Ferdinand- the big man unt centre back will have possibly the best partenship in the world with Terry, as they complement each other in every way

LB- A. Cole- The chelsea man will also be a highly experienced player and in my opinion the best LB in the world and the final part in the best defence in the world.

RW- A. Lennon- The spurs man has had sometime now to devolope his potential and will now be one of the most feared wingers in the Premiership.

CM- O. Hargreaves- His defensive skills will be the glue what holds this team together and this will alow his midfield partner to get forward at every oppertunity.

CM- S. Gerrard- The Liverpool captain will now have a more free role in midfield and his experience and drive will be vital to this team

LW- J. Cole- Once again the few more years experience will be vital to Joe as he has constantly inproved through out his carrer.

CF- W. Rooney- He will be an even better player now and should have curbed his bad temper which he can carry in games.

CF- T. Walcott- Theo will now fill the role whick Owen once occupied.. His pace and eye for goal will terrorise defences.

As you can see there are no major changes to the current England team, but you can always expect another young superstar to arrise in the next couple of years..

What are your views?

dont Fuck with the chuck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: England XI at 2010 world cup

Theo Walcott should have been playing against Croatia.....he has become an excellent player for arsenal....plus no one in England are particularly fast....you add pace to a team and you open so many attacking options...id go as far to say Theo will probably be one of the fastest players in the tournament.However.You name the Englad squad and it looks like the dream team.You get em on the pitch and its 50/50 to what team shows up.
    "It wasn't the night of the jab"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

pretty good list maybe agbonglahor and theo competeing to play up there with wayneand robert green in goal if he can stay injury free, Ashley young could play left wing if he keeps developing at the rate he is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But we need a good manager first or we r not goin to 2010.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

couldnt agree more.. the one thing we need is a top manager

my choice would be wenger but that aint happening, o'neil would be fine in my book and so would mourinho

Mcclaren was a terrible choice!!!
    dont Fuck with the chuck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think is benitez ends up being sacked by liverpool he would be the best the best man for the job a real big game manager who tactically is amazing, And there would be no need for his stupid squad rotation with a national team!!.

ICB Guest

We will yet again lose on penalties in the quarter finals like always.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by gudnite vienna
    right after the failure we have just witness, its time to start looking ahead to the world cup... If you look at out first XI now alot of these players will still be around for the World cup, in fact almost everyone of them... So here's my starting XI For the world cup should we get there haha...

GK- P. Robinson- Will still only will be about 31, whick is young for a keeper and has been faultless untill he lost his confidence this season. Will return to his best.

RB- M. Richards- Will still be so young but will have a bag load of caps by then.. Will possibly be with one of the big fours sides and one of the best defenders in the world.

CB- J. Terry- Will still be captain marvel and will be just as good as an defender by this world cup.. his experience will be vital along with his passion.

CB- R. Ferdinand- the big man unt centre back will have possibly the best partenship in the world with Terry, as they complement each other in every way

LB- A. Cole- The chelsea man will also be a highly experienced player and in my opinion the best LB in the world and the final part in the best defence in the world.

RW- A. Lennon- The spurs man has had sometime now to devolope his potential and will now be one of the most feared wingers in the Premiership.

CM- O. Hargreaves- His defensive skills will be the glue what holds this team together and this will alow his midfield partner to get forward at every oppertunity.

CM- S. Gerrard- The Liverpool captain will now have a more free role in midfield and his experience and drive will be vital to this team

LW- J. Cole- Once again the few more years experience will be vital to Joe as he has constantly inproved through out his carrer.

CF- W. Rooney- He will be an even better player now and should have curbed his bad temper which he can carry in games.

CF- T. Walcott- Theo will now fill the role whick Owen once occupied.. His pace and eye for goal will terrorise defences.

As you can see there are no major changes to the current England team, but you can always expect another young superstar to arrise in the next couple of years..

What are your views?

Id replace Cole with Downing and Walcott with Bent.

I think bent has what it takes to become such a good striker.

I like Downings delivery too. Cole just puts his head down. Like Guily but hardly scores.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i dont think downing can really cut it at the top.. if you ask me ashley young is a better player already
    dont Fuck with the chuck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It shows the state of english football tho that we can only come up with 3 or 4 youngsters coming through that are possibles to make it into the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by gudnite vienna
    i dont think downing can really cut it at the top.. if you ask me ashley young is a better player already
    Downing is pure shite.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by gally
    It shows the state of english football tho that we can only come up with 3 or 4 youngsters coming through that are possibles to make it into the team.
    Its because Football players get payed way too much and on top of all the money they get they just plain suck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

there's defo sumit vert wrong with the side, and i can only yhink we aint got the right management in charge for a long time.. i cant help but feel we've bin terribly unlucky in tournements over the last decade...
    dont Fuck with the chuck

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by gudnite vienna View Post

What are your views?

Thought I would bump this thread from 3 years ago. I reckon 6 of the 11 players in this prediction will be correct
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

James
    Johnson, Terry, Rio, Cole
    Walcott, Lamps, Gerrard, Cole
    Rooney, Heskey
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information