Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: how does baldomir resemble hatton?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: how does baldomir resemble hatton?

A 157 pound Baldomir could not resemble Hatton in any way. I dont see how sparring him will benefit Floyd. Chavez, Castillo, Gomez, Clottey would all be much better choices. I think Floyds team is thinking he wont be able to back Hatton up easily so sparring a bigger, stronger man will help him in some way. Carlos just aint the right guy imo.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The question now needs to be which fighter sparring with Hatton resembles PBF?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by eagle
    Guzman would be the best sparring for Hatton. But that would probably cause to mant issues.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LEGION
    Well with Mayweather's brittle hand{s}, he sure picked a steel head to spar with. I don't know how tough Hatton is, but I doubt he could take the abuse Baldomir has. They should have just brought Feliciano in for a head denting contest, lol. That's the next fight I want to see. Baldomir/Feliciano, lmao.
    I think the COMBINATION of the two guys is good. N'Dou is a shorter, come-forward guy with some speed, and Baldo is physically strong with a granite chin. And, of course, Chop still is pretty fast. They rotate in/out during Floyd's 9-minute rounds.

You can mimic/duplicate strength. Right? Bring in a big guy. Have him work you over. That is what Floyd did for the Baldo and Oscar fights by sparring with Jantuah and Edourard. Hatton has a unique style, so there is no 'perfect' solution.

What can Hatton do, however, to prepare for Floyd's speed? Forbes and Bojado? That's comical. I kinda chuckled at the interview when Hatton said "me sparring partners are impressed by me boxing ability". Um, OK. Those guys?? I would HOPE so.

What can Hatton instruct his SP's? "Box me fast like Floyd"??

BOTH guys will struggle to find adequate prep for each other because they each bring a unique and specialized skill set.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

who else is good enough for hatton to spar?
    mind over speed and power

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by toogood4u
    who else is good enough for hatton to spar?
    Exactly. No one is. So its no point criticisiing him for who he chooses to spar with and no point having a go at PBF for who he chooses. They both probably get the best they can.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBoogie
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBoogie
    No. Baldmoir is a horribel choice
    Why would you say. Old Iron head Baldo could get hit by Klitschko and wouldnt go down, and despite eating a buffet of punches everyfight he never EVER takes a backward step.

So obviously Baldo is slower than mollasses and couldn't get out of the way of a Pavement roller, the guy is 1 determined SOB. and can emulate Ricky's pitbull style

I mean you will never get a guy in there sparring 1000000% like your opponent, so you may pick a fighter and work on 1 thing. I mean everyone made fun of Mayweather for running the whole time cause they doubted he could take Baldomir's power, and that Baldo had a punchers chance. I venture to say Mayweather stood his ground with Baldo and stood toe to toe in sparring, just to see if he could war with a guy that big of a guy.
    Its a false economy.

Ricky has head movement.
    I hear what your saying, but we have no idea what arrtibute they are preparing for. There will be other partners to emulate other things about Hatton. So you dont agree that Mayweather is digging in with Baldo to see if he can put a dent in him toe to toe. I mean as dumb and slow and plodding he looks, he is as durable and sturdy as you will find unless you go hunting for middleweights or supermiddles
    Spot on there Rock.

More likely to be the finishing touches now - sparring wise
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In my mind they could be using Baldomir to do the unthinkable.

They could be training Floyd to shove Ricky off the ropes and counterattack with hooks and uppercuts!!!
    If Floyd has Baldomir trainig to hit him as hard as he can on the ropes and then shoving him off and counter attack he could be a damn good choice!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny

They could be training Floyd to shove Ricky off the ropes and counterattack with hooks and uppercuts!!!
    If Floyd has Baldomir trainig to hit him as hard as he can on the ropes and then shoving him off and counter attack he could be a damn good choice!
    like how you are thinking. Baldo is a mountain of a man with much desire and steel for a skull. Who wouldnt want to go in there and ruff up PFP#1 especially after he pitched a shutout against you last year, now you have a free pass to beat on him, while he is working on a specific technique

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

like how you are thinking. Baldo is a mountain of a man with much desire and steel for a skull. Who wouldnt want to go in there and ruff up PFP#1 especially after he pitched a shutout against you last year, now you have a free pass to beat on him, while he is working on a specific technique
    Yeah, hell il bet DLH would do it for free!
    Also, think of the advantage this is going to give Floyd in terms of being inside.
    Again Baldomir is the perfect guy to use when preparing for Ricky's holding and mauling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Also, think of the advantage this is going to give Floyd in terms of being inside.
    Again Baldomir is the perfect guy to use when preparing for Ricky's holding and mauling.
    Does that at all change your opinion of the outcome?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As regards outcome JT i'm picking more out of loyalty and blind faith than anything. I don't no if iv told you but iv followed Ricky since i was 5 and he was an amateur so i can't back out no matter what!

It will make the fight more interesting. As floyd is not the full 147 he may well blend well with Rick and give a better more free flowing fight than we expect...I'm still banking on Rick to find a waay....and if Floyd wins i still face the penalty.

Does that at all change your opinion of the outcome?

Thread Information