10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Chagaev vs. Skelton close

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster

I quite like Skelton, but lets be honest he's crap.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

or maybes hes just been stuck on the british heavyweight roundabout for far far far far far far far far too long !?

He wont win this one, but he does in the end deserve it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny
    Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn
    Believe it or not Bz i've never seen him box, so i can't judge on him at all....

Skelton is an ok bloke...
    He seems to put in the effort to improve his boxing every fight and although he has come on in leaps and bounds he's still not great. But he is strong determined and dogged so in this era perhaps he can make an impact.

Chris Arreola looks ok but im not convinced... iF he meets Povetkin, it'd be a matchup i'd be interested in.
    The Byrd fight is on youtube. Split into 4 parts if i remember rightly.
    I'll check it out as soon as i can thanks man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daxx Kahn
    A fight Skelton could win!

I agree Matt has a chance in this one.....I can't believe we have guys like Sultan, Chagaev, Oleg as champion ...Those three are almost on par with Thomas, Tubbs, Berbick, Smith in the 80's......

It's a transition period...These guys will hopefully serve their purpose by unifying the titles and getting Kayoed by the next true champion. Don't no who he is yet but i don't see any of the current flock being him....and i'm sorrry i'm including Wlad there

I don't know Donny...IMO Wlad is a solid guy...he has the skills to do it all...the power,,,without a doubt to stop a train if need be...he improves each time out....and TBH IMO his jaw is not as bad as everyone likes to make out....he was starched by very hard hitting sanders....something I also contribute to panic mode...Wlad got hurt and did not know what to do he just sort of froze up and kept getting tagged.....his brewster loss he was gassed out and just ripe for pickings.....The Peter fight he went down but got back up 3 times..he has learned to compose himself a bit better in those situations...something I give Manny credit for,,,,,and Peter hits damn hard we all know that....

Is his chin great NO but not made of fine china either...I rate it higher the Oleg's,,,,And the reason I bring the chin up is thats really Wlads only downfall
    I'll agree Daxx, he is solid. However in my view he is nothing spectacular. He's got a good jab, a good straioght right and an improved ring presence. However although thgis ring presence has improved it's still good...not great.
    Remember the quote that goes "in every era there is one guy who is so dominant..." Well i just don't believe Wlad is that guy.
    I give him all the credit in the world for winning the peter fight. However, he just doesn't seem to have the aura of a champion about him....It's a pity.

Perhaps it's me beiong old fashioned but i like the heavyweight champion of the world to win in style, to have some unique aspects in his strategy and a bit of charisma....However i just don't see anyone fitting those descriptions anytime soon.

Well I look at it like this Donny....Right now it is hit or miss with Wlad...the next 2 or 3 defenses will decide...remember Lewis was criticized witout mercy for a lot of his career...Lennox did not get the respect he deserved or should I say start getting...until he was 35 or 36,,,,It wasn't until a yr or more after he retired his praises were sung and he became recognized as an ATG HW...Most list have him in the top 10 of big men.....It is one of those you never appreciate what you have until it is gone

I think I just quoted a hallmark card
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chagaev will win easily.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Believe it or not Bz i've never seen him box, so i can't judge on him at all....

He seems to put in the effort to improve his boxing every fight and although he has come on in leaps and bounds he's still not great. But he is strong determined and dogged so in this era perhaps he can make an impact.

Chris Arreola looks ok but im not convinced... iF he meets Povetkin, it'd be a matchup i'd be interested in.

I agree Matt has a chance in this one.....I can't believe we have guys like Sultan, Chagaev, Oleg as champion ...Those three are almost on par with Thomas, Tubbs, Berbick, Smith in the 80's......

It's a transition period...These guys will hopefully serve their purpose by unifying the titles and getting Kayoed by the next true champion. Don't no who he is yet but i don't see any of the current flock being him....and i'm sorrry i'm including Wlad there

I don't know Donny...IMO Wlad is a solid guy...he has the skills to do it all...the power,,,without a doubt to stop a train if need be...he improves each time out....and TBH IMO his jaw is not as bad as everyone likes to make out....he was starched by very hard hitting sanders....something I also contribute to panic mode...Wlad got hurt and did not know what to do he just sort of froze up and kept getting tagged.....his brewster loss he was gassed out and just ripe for pickings.....The Peter fight he went down but got back up 3 times..he has learned to compose himself a bit better in those situations...something I give Manny credit for,,,,,and Peter hits damn hard we all know that....

Is his chin great NO but not made of fine china either...I rate it higher the Oleg's,,,,And the reason I bring the chin up is thats really Wlads only downfall
    I'll agree Daxx, he is solid. However in my view he is nothing spectacular. He's got a good jab, a good straioght right and an improved ring presence. However although thgis ring presence has improved it's still good...not great.
    Remember the quote that goes "in every era there is one guy who is so dominant..." Well i just don't believe Wlad is that guy.
    I give him all the credit in the world for winning the peter fight. However, he just doesn't seem to have the aura of a champion about him....It's a pity.

Perhaps it's me beiong old fashioned but i like the heavyweight champion of the world to win in style, to have some unique aspects in his strategy and a bit of charisma....However i just don't see anyone fitting those descriptions anytime soon.

Well I look at it like this Donny....Right now it is hit or miss with Wlad...the next 2 or 3 defenses will decide...remember Lewis was criticized witout mercy for a lot of his career...Lennox did not get the respect he deserved or should I say start getting...until he was 35 or 36,,,,It wasn't until a yr or more after he retired his praises were sung and he became recognized as an ATG HW...Most list have him in the top 10 of big men.....It is one of those you never appreciate what you have until it is gone

Perhaps Daxx, i'll keep an open mind on the subject...Any boxer can be great in my eyes if they put in the effort. But doubt still lingers.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Perhaps Daxx, i'll keep an open mind on the subject...Any boxer can be great in my eyes if they put in the effort. But doubt still lingers.
    I see both sides of the argument here. We have a problem in that the lack of talent in the division makes it very difficult to see just how good Wlad is. I'd say it's clear he's head and shoulders above the rest for sure, but he needs to be tested.

Donny, I see were you're coming from on this one as Wlad has shown a weak chin in the past and has lost to guys that would be taken apart by the likes of a Lewis or Tyson without issue. However, since his losses he has come on and improved alot. He has crazy power. His punches seem to echo when they hit an opponents face.

Daxx is right in that Manny deserves credit for Wlad improvement. His conditioning is much better and he is utilizing his tools more. Any guy that can beat Ray Austin (he's poor, but a world ranked Heavyweight) with one hand should make you sit up and take notice.

I actually was thinking about this, and to truly see how good Wlad is, I think putting him in there with Valuev will tell you alot about him. I like Chagaev, but if he fights Valuev again, he'll lose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I haven't seen Chagaev fight, not even a clip, but I pick him to win.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bomp
    Youtube my friend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Youtube my friend.
    I might just do that, cheers. I was going to criticise Chagaev for considering such a poor opponent, but then I remembered, the whole division is poor.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Youtube my friend.
    I might just do that, cheers. I was going to criticise Chagaev for considering such a poor opponent, but then I remembered, the whole division is poor.
    Chagaev is actually fairly decent. I'm disappointed it's taking him so long to sort a defence out though. Out of the 4 champs, he's #2 in my book. I guess thats not saying much though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Only time will tell us the answer for sure...IMO the potential is there and I do think that his chin is a bit underrated....some people make it out like if a breeze should enter the arena and pass by Wlad during the fight he will fall .......Lewis was called a glass jawed champion for years because of the 1 punch losses to McCall then Rahman but in truth when looking back Lennox took some bombs over the years and never even budged!!.....

I see both sides of the argument here. We have a problem in that the lack of talent in the division makes it very difficult to see just how good Wlad is. I'd say it's clear he's head and shoulders above the rest for sure, but he needs to be tested.

Donny, I see were you're coming from on this one as Wlad has shown a weak chin in the past and has lost to guys that would be taken apart by the likes of a Lewis or Tyson without issue. However, since his losses he has come on and improved alot. He has crazy power. His punches seem to echo when they hit an opponents face.

Daxx is right in that Manny deserves credit for Wlad improvement. His conditioning is much better and he is utilizing his tools more. Any guy that can beat Ray Austin (he's poor, but a world ranked Heavyweight) with one hand should make you sit up and take notice.

I actually was thinking about this, and to truly see how good Wlad is, I think putting him in there with Valuev will tell you alot about him. I like Chagaev, but if he fights Valuev again, he'll lose.

Excellent points.....Especially on the level of current comp.....with Lewis he did fight and reighn in a solid era against some tough solid guys

ICB Guest

Actually 80s Heavyweights were talented they just threw there talent away with drugs or getting too fat the 80s Heavyweights would have mopped the floor with the Heavyweights now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I always just considerd them underachievers...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think the Heavyweight Division is by far the best it's ever been and is waaay more talented than the other divisions.
    Why do y'all think otherwise??

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Slowmotion426
    I think the Heavyweight Division is by far the best it's ever been and is waaay more talented than the other divisions.
    Why do y'all think otherwise??
    That is sarcasm right?

Thread Information