Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hatton Interview: 'Floyd doesn't have the power of Tszyu'

Quote Originally Posted by MRMANICK
    Why do people keep say when dlh was applying pressure he was winning. That had to be the most ineffective pressure I ever seen. For a guy to throw like 6 or 7 body punches and only land 1, sorry but that aint effective aggression especially when yiur opponent is countering with crisp accurate shots. The onl round i thought dlh won convincly is when he threw the jab and made floyd back up a little. thats it. I mean u could of given him 3 or 4 rounds for pure aggression but thats it. I actually think floyd won that fight in second gear.
    At times Oscars pressure didn't look like much more than token pressure.. It 'looked' like he was coming forward, but Floyd would have just been thinking,, " ummmm, I SEE the great ODLH punching me, but I don't feel it"....
    Anytime opponents come at Floyd on a continual basis though it actually looks like things begin to even up... I think that's what is being refered to...
    Floyd dominance comes when Fighters just can't succeed in putting the pressure on so they try to out box Floyd..

There isn't a single boxer of our time than can 'outbox' Floyd Mayweather.. I honestly beleive that..

But continuous pressure has been proven to even up a fight with him... 50/50 even well, I wouldn't say that.... But if I had to give one style of fighting that would ever have a chance of winning out of Floyds style, it's someone who puts continueous pressure on him round after round and doesn't mind getting countered many times to get in there and rough Floyd up.
    ~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton will waste punches like he didnt do against Kostya. But if Hatton can land and do it early then we have a serious fight on our hands.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think a lot of this fight will be determined by how much patience Ricky has - if he can avoid getting frustrated by Floyd's awesome defensive skills. Patience and workrate - those are two essentials to cracking through Floyd's armor.

That and ignoring all those quick, sharp counters.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea
    Quote Originally Posted by DIOS DOMINICANO
    Ya, Floyd may not have the power. but Tszyu didn't have the speed and movement of Mayweather either. Also, I doubt the ref on Dec 8 lets Hatton wrestle and maul Floyd the way he did to Tszyu.
    Please not in round 9. On AT LEAST two occasions (1:10, 1:00), Hatton holds Tszyu's head down with the left hand, and throws a right upper cut. I find it notable that the ref ignores this.
    Was that before or after Hatton intentionally punched Tszyu in the nuts?
    Tszyu low blowed Hatton twice then Hatton retaliated with low blow of his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Althugz
    Ya, Floyd may not have the power. but Tszyu didn't have the speed and movement of Mayweather either. Also, I doubt the ref on Dec 8 lets Hatton wrestle and maul Floyd the way he did to Tszyu.
    Please not in round 9. On AT LEAST two occasions (1:10, 1:00), Hatton holds Tszyu's head down with the left hand, and throws a right upper cut. I find it notable that the ref ignores this.
    And was that before or after Tzuyu knocked Hatton down with a bodyshot which was ruled low by the ref??
    Well it was hard to tell the blow was just below the belt line.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bcollins
    I think a lot of this fight will be determined by how much patience Ricky has - if he can avoid getting frustrated by Floyd's awesome defensive skills. Patience and workrate - those are two essentials to cracking through Floyd's armor.

That and ignoring all those quick, sharp counters.
    Watch the De La Hoya fight again, De La Hoya was not that hard to read, Floyd knew where the punches were coming from much of the time. Ricky is totally unpredictable once on the inside, punches come from all over the place and I reckon thats gonna make the difference.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pernell "Sweet Pea" Whitaker
    Tszyu low blowed Hatton twice then Hatton retaliated with low blow of his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Althugz
    And was that before or after Tzuyu knocked Hatton down with a bodyshot which was ruled low by the ref??
    Well it was hard to tell the blow was just below the belt line.

oOoOo I dunno man..Slow motion replays showed it right on the beltline..which is why I always say although body punching is Hattons forte its also his achilles heel...Urango showed that as well. Even the commentators called it a let off for Hatton..who by the way were the fucking worst commentators i've ever seen.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

few things i worry about hatotn in this fight are..

#1 i don't tire.. will castilo fight didn't last long enough (not hattons fault ofc) but his last few outins that went the 12 he looked screwed after 6 or 8 rounds... Ok i would expect hatton to be in better shape for this one, but still... I have seen other fighters who havn't looked great when they have been put in agasint guys of a less class, beause the drive isnt there BUT they have always come in fit enough to go the 12 easy.

#2 He says about floyd struggled with preasure from castillo and oscar, but that was cleaver preasure... hatton doesnt have that, its lunge forward hold and hit... thats is a limited fighter.. oscar looke best when jabbing, castillo could box and preasure, they didn't just lunge in... hatotn cant box his way in and open him up

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am of the belief that Hatton would have been DQ'd against Tszyu if the fight was in the USA or Australia.
    Hatton used every trick in the book to nullify Tszyu's power and there is no better way to do it than to hit your opponent low, Hatton got away with it and won..so be it.
    Mayweather is not an inactive, injury hampered going on 36 year old fighter and the Fatman will need to rediscover those tricks very fast on fight night because Floyd will have all the answers.
    I like Ricky Hatton but Mayweather is in his prime and i see a solid but tough UD decision for the Pretty Boy here. Good on Ricky for playing the publicity game very well, his career will not be tarnished by this forthcoming loss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Does anyone know what the judges scored the Hatton-Tszyu fight after 11? At least to me it was a very even fight after 11, Im just curious if Tszyu could have won if he finished (assuming he won the 12th cause I would think he needed it).
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have to agree on the main comment...Floyd is in no way as hard a hitter as Tszyu....

Except he will hit you a tad less hard twice as much
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom
    Does anyone know what the judges scored the Hatton-Tszyu fight after 11? At least to me it was a very even fight after 11, Im just curious if Tszyu could have won if he finished (assuming he won the 12th cause I would think he needed it).
    Judges had Hatton ahead after 11 rounds, 105-104,106-103,107-102. Remember Tszyu lost rounds 9, 10 and 11 due to low blow that effectively ended the fight. Hatton would have won a decision. The fight was even IMO after 8 rounds and could have gone either way but the low blow finished Tszyu off and he was easy pickings after that.
    It's ancient history and is of no consequence to the upcoming fight with Mayweather, yes Tszyu hits harder than PBF but all that means is Floyd won't knock the Fatboy out but he will win a tough UD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by THE THIRD MAN
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom
    Judges had Hatton ahead after 11 rounds, 105-104,106-103,107-102. Remember Tszyu lost rounds 9, 10 and 11 due to low blow that effectively ended the fight. Hatton would have won a decision. The fight was even IMO after 8 rounds and could have gone either way but the low blow finished Tszyu off and he was easy pickings after that.
    It's ancient history and is of no consequence to the upcoming fight with Mayweather, yes Tszyu hits harder than PBF but all that means is Floyd won't knock the Fatboy out but he will win a tough UD.
    105-104 is close to what I had it. Tszyu was clearly more and more bothered by Hattons style though. Your right that it has no relevance to Mayweather-Hatton though. I want Hatton to win and its possible he can win but any logical boxing fan should see that Floyd is the smarter, more well rounded fighter. And I hate to say that cause im not a fan of his.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Daxx Kahn
    I have to agree on the main comment...Floyd is in no way as hard a hitter as Tszyu....

Except he will hit you a tad less hard twice as much
    Exactly. Power hurts,speed kills.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah, stick your finger in a mains socket ad see what power does

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"It's Mayweather's speed, defensive brilliance and counter-punching against Hatton's non-stop pressure and brutal body blows"

Why does everybody keep saying this? I think alot of people are going to be very suprized just how fast Hatton can be. Infact I think he may match Mayweather for speed. Mayweather is fast but its more his defensive abilitly that keeps him out of trouble and ables him to land countershots

Thread Information