Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hatton Interview: 'Floyd doesn't have the power of Tszyu'

Quote Originally Posted by bcollins
    Sounds like Ricky's got a lot of confidence. I'm afraid Floyd has more pop that Hatton thinks, though - it seems about everyone he faces is surprised by how much power he actually does have.

CC for the quotes!
    Yeah I was thinking that myself

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by steady_E
    "It's Mayweather's speed, defensive brilliance and counter-punching against Hatton's non-stop pressure and brutal body blows"

Why does everybody keep saying this? I think alot of people are going to be very suprized just how fast Hatton can be. Infact I think he may match Mayweather for speed. Mayweather is fast but its more his defensive abilitly that keeps him out of trouble and ables him to land countershots
    Match Mayweather for speed in what exactly if you don't mind me asking ??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pernell "Sweet Pea" Whitaker
    "It's Mayweather's speed, defensive brilliance and counter-punching against Hatton's non-stop pressure and brutal body blows"

Why does everybody keep saying this? I think alot of people are going to be very suprized just how fast Hatton can be. Infact I think he may match Mayweather for speed. Mayweather is fast but its more his defensive abilitly that keeps him out of trouble and ables him to land countershots
    Time it takes getting in the ring. Hatton may be faster in that regard
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by LEGION
    Quote Originally Posted by Pernell "Sweet Pea" Whitaker

Time it takes getting in the ring. Hatton may be faster in that regard
    Or down the pub

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What evidence do you have to support this, or make you think this way?

I don't think Hatton is slow, and his speed may be underrated, but he is still not in the same galaxy as Mayweather in terms of hand and foot speed. It's not even close.

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by zhubin
    Quote Originally Posted by albsur2006
    Hatton should have confidence in himself, he's not coming to Vegas to bow down to Mayweather and gladly receive an asswhooping.

But the problem in his reasoning is that he's comparing Floyd to 35 year old, washed up Kosta Tszyu and he's comparing himself to a prime Castillo and past prime ODLH. I'm sorry but Floyd IMO was a much better fighter than Tszyu in his prime. Honestly, the only reason that Castillo and ODLH gave Floyd some problems was because they were just physically SO MUCH bigger than him. Castillo was a HUGE lightweight in his prime and ODLH, albeit past his prime, was an ELITE boxer that even competed at middleweight for a while. It wasn't solely the pressure that bothered him, it was the pressure from a higher skilled, physically much bigger man. IMO Ricky is a smaller, blown up light welter just like Floyd and I wouldn't be surprised if Floyd looked like the bigger man on Dec 8th. This means that Floyd isn't going to be as worried about getting hit because honestly, Ricky is not a puncher. Ricky thinks that he's gonna come in and bully Floyd around but he's definitely not going to be able to wrestle like he did in the Tszyu fight, partly because Floyd's not stationary and the ref won't allow it. This is where Ricky is going to find problems. What most people don't pay attention to is that Ricky doesn't work his way in, he's most effective punching off the break after he's grappled his opponent or punching on the inside when his opponent is laying in against him. Hatton jumps in and throws hooks, he doesn't setup punches with the jab, he doesn't jab his way in, he literally jumps in, lunges at you with a hook designed to get him inside, grabs your arms to prevent you from punching him before he gets in, and then finally throws punches once he's on the inside. Floyd is always taking that step back in order to counter, Floyd is too quick and will just move out of the way, and Floyd won't lay in on Ricky like Castillo did and when he does, he's going to have the advantage due to his quick jerk reflexes, handspeed, and that shell defensive ability.

JLC used his much bigger frame to bully Floyd and score, ODLH was the MUCH bigger man with elite boxing ability and scored when he decided to use his jab to setup punches and throw off Floyd's rhythm. The real question for Hatton is how is he going to score? The only way I could see Hatton winning is if he fights almost the same type of fight Jesus Chavez did against Mayweather and can take the punishment. The problem with that is Jesus Chavez surprisingly used his jab to effectively back Floyd into the ropes all night and then go to work on the body and Jesus had one of the most amazing workrates I've seen this decade on that night. I just don't see how Hatton can score. Guys, how does Hatton score effectively in this fight?
    "I'm sorry but Floyd IMO was a much better fighter than Tszyu in his prime."

No he isn't. I actually think Tszyu in his prime would have been Floyd's biggest challenge. Too bad that fight never happened. But that's a whole other discussion. I do, however, agree that the Hatton beat a past prime Tszyu (not to mention the ref letting Ricky get away with a lot of holding).
    I agree there, I was gutted when Kostya lost ; but credit where its due ;
    Kostya said he had never felt better going into a fight and Hattons team knew what they had to do.
    Ricky took it off him the only way they knew they could; same way Kostya lost his only other fight ,got it beaten out of him in a rough house game that Kostya over the years had used to his own advantage, so fair is fair.

Officially put me down for team Hatton;
    my hopes; HAtton tko late.
    Always have to go the underdog.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Thread Information