Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Is this a way to tell you are running faster?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Is this a way to tell you are running faster?

When I first started running, only my calf muscles ever got the burn. But now, my thighs have been getting a little sore as well. Could it be because I am running faster? (I don't have a stopwatch or anything to time myself with)

See, whenever you do sprint work, all the burn is in your quads and hams; they are doing almost all the work, and you're barely even using your calves. But, when ever you jog, your calves are doing most of the work and your quads & hams aren't doing anything.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is this a way to tell you are running faster?

Could be a sign of anything, least of all your running faster

Could be your not warmed up enough, injury, your hurting yourself, pushing it hard, loads of things

Thats like saying i have 2 black eyes instead of a sore lip, does that mean I hit harder?
    5 foot 4 inches and 154 lbs of PURE MAN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It prolly means you have reached a new endurance level - you prolly ran harder/longer than b4 right - Something you did was different

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

are you sprinting? Try running longer and see if you can without getting winded.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You're getting into better shape, naturally as you get fitter, your body will make more use of it's muscles. You might notice an increase in flexibility, stamina, etc. Your body is becoming more accustomed to your work, you should involve your warm up, and stretching to loose'n up. Also at a different time you should put more emphases in stretching to increase your range of motion, which will inturn will help you run faster by relieving your body's natural tendency to resist movement.

-You can use a bike/car odometer to figure out the distance on unmarked roads.

-Sprinting uses more range of movement which taps into muscles that before haven't been stressed in such a way. You should invest in a stopwatch, or a cheap sportswatch that will only put you back a couple bucks if that. People progress more when they have a reference, so you'd be wise to record your times, distance and whatever else is concerned. A Heart rate Monitor is something you ought'a look into also.

Regards, Rocky

If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you watch sprinters they run on there toes to get more speed and longer strides try this. Also pump your arms up and down but not behind you, you should notice improvements in speed
    run a set distance 200,300,400 meters time yourself are you faster, do you feel faster

Thread Information