Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: sparring some1 who is like 6 times faster

Quote Originally Posted by Missy
    I think we need to be clear about something.

Just switching your feet won't take you out of range. If you are in left lead and just take your front foot back your body stays in the same place, only your leg has moved .
    It may make them pause while they check what you're doing or may just follow you back and hit you.

Sorry but try it, your body moves back with your front foot,you bring your front foot all the way back behind your rear foot.your body moves a full two feet (thats centre line to centre line), if you repeat the move it goes through two angle shifts and four feet.You still have to cover your self as you go so you dont leave the famose hole in the guard as you change glove for glove.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't need to, used to do those kind of footwork drills years ago. Perhaps it's in the explanation, wires crossed etc.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Andre, regarding footwork.
    See what you think of the article on the footwork thread.

http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxing_fo...html#msg138170

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great read thanks.
    I notice Dan innsonnatto up there next to Bruce in the picture.
    Dan came out here and trained with us after Bruces death.
    The articles big and covers 98 per cent of it for sure!
    Sifting through it fast I only noticed he didnt enlighten the punters on the importance of heel to toe rolling steps which have to be done to execute a couple of his forward shuffles and a lack of info on the reatreat steps.
    Has got the rest covered though.

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

can't give all the secrets away now.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good point; and he is Greek and bearing gifts too.

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

my trainer said it was a very good thing if you know how to pull it off correctly
    "1 mistake can get you on the canvas".
    i had to promis not to pull this of till i can do it 100% correct. (off/defence)

my trainer told me to focus on my defence first during these moves. cuz i was thinking of a right straight or hook as my left foot goes back.

but my trainer lold me just do defence for now, cus your liver is a easy target during this move if you dont have your defence right.

and when i do this correct i can think about offence.

i didn't spar monday nor last night, just spend alot of time on these moves.
    starts to feel good, but i know there has to be alot more then just feel good.

i know when i start competing, the guy i will be fighting wont have alot of experience in the ring, just like me. but i just want to train a little more, so i can call home and say "mom i won."
    b4 i step in the ring, if you know what i mean.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Andre... u have much needed credit from me... you spend so much time writing up these posts and they are very helpful... no one helps u... my turn ... to u ANDRE

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Confirm
    my trainer said it was a very good thing if you know how to pull it off correctly
    "1 mistake can get you on the canvas".
    i had to promis not to pull this of till i can do it 100% correct. (off/defence)

my trainer told me to focus on my defence first during these moves. cuz i was thinking of a right straight or hook as my left foot goes back.

but my trainer lold me just do defence for now, cus your liver is a easy target during this move if you dont have your defence right.

and when i do this correct i can think about offence.

i didn't spar monday nor last night, just spend alot of time on these moves.
    starts to feel good, but i know there has to be alot more then just feel good.

i know when i start competing, the guy i will be fighting wont have alot of experience in the ring, just like me. but i just want to train a little more, so i can call home and say "mom i won."
    b4 i step in the ring, if you know what i mean.

IT was just a suggstion, just one of many things you can try in the course of a fight .

Defence can come with maintaining contact with his lead arm too!

I used to use it only when someone overcommitted themselves with a lurch forward,leaning jab or even on a rear straight as they lean in.
    It can be used when someone has the upper hand and is pressing forward,done correctly you should be covered fully anyway.
    The move takes you out of range first, its up to you to keep those arms out front even to the extent of pinning their front arm at the elbow point , then you slip their reaction and counter .

Consider which is their strong side so you head away from it ,preferably to the outside of their lead arm.

If you switch out the other way it can work too,but you have to have the path of his rear arm fully covered and you have go out on a sharper angle with your foot as you take it back.

This move can also be utilized against a person in the reverse stance to you as well.

Once they have thrown the lead jab and come forward ,you check it with your lead arm ,then you exchange contact as you have your rear arm come up underneath your lead arm so it makes contact on the out side of their lead arm at their elbow point, it happens right on the switch (as your lead leg heads back, your rear arm comes up),you have control (His other arm is no longer an immidiate threat ,you have the outside position.
    so you follow their arm with yours and step in (close the gap)on the outside of it and reattack in saftey;

So, you have pulled the left leg right back behind the rear leg,taken control with the rear arm,then you have stepped back into the original foward stance closing the gap and you explode up or down over or under that arm of his that you have checked.You can feel which way he goes cause you have contact with him ;however he reacts you attack the opposite way if his arm comes up, you attack low, if it comes down,you go over it.

If you attack over that elbow point of his from the outside like that ,he has to readjust to your position or run.

Its a finishing move as you catch them comming ,then turning in to see whats up. And you can have that final blow with ful forward force behind it.
    You can even practice going low on the second part and exploding upwards so his own arm hides what you are up to
    and so its a greater shock to him with more leg lift etc.

Sometimes you have to add a little shuffle or slight twist of the feet on the end so you remain in the advantage position ,but thats all good for you to try out and teach yourself where to be, also where not to go too.

[attachment deleted by admin]

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Simple strategy my uncle gave me. Rat-tat-tat, from the outside, and then when they try to come in and use their speed, circle around them, so they waste time chasing you, while you rack up the points on them. If he's taller, use some feints first.

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There is nothing wrong and the real difference is in experience. When you hit the heavy bag never just hit it; instead treat it like an opponent and work in and out setting up particular combinations. So that when you are in the ring you are punching purposefully and creating opportunity. Until you can accept the fact of fists flying about you'll never really get your own attack in gear. How can you while covered up and leery of being punched? Boxing is not- really, it is not- a volume punch-a-thon, the honors going to the flashiest hands. Despite the influence of slap fighters like Ali, Jones Jr, and the rest. Watch tape of Toney, of fighters from the 30s and 40s. Speed is, next to power the most overrated attribute in boxing. Brains and serenity under fire trumps all.

Thread Information