Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Peak mind in competition

Since your feelings, emotions and thoughts determines how u perform in the ring, when have you experienced that you perform the best?

How did u feel? Did you think at any tactics/strategy or did u just go out and box? How did u feel your energy was? Were u relaxed? Tensed?
    Nervous? Self confident?

We spend so much time peaking our body and boxing skills but really when u are in there how u feel and think is what counts.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Peak mind in competition

It is my belief that the mind will only feel one hundred per cent ready when the body is one hundred per cent prepared. For me fighting mentality is at an optimum level when mental confidence is coupled with a feeling of high physical fitness and the feeling of readiness which is a resultant of a long and succesful trainig period.

I feel that when one achieves this stae of mind a loose strategy should be put in place for the fight itself, the fighter must then use his state of mind tofollow instructions given by the coach. In my opinion the coach should set the plan and concentration of the boxer is 100% on the opponent and implementing the strategy against him.

I would like to clarify that before each fight i am intensely nervous, to the point where I get shivers and goosebumps. However my nerves are always a result of the fear of losing or not preforming to my capabilities rather than of the opponent. I find the moment my foot touches the canvas my mind seems to alter and the focus is on him and only him.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You have to know what your doing and why your doing it on a sub consiuss level before your mind becomes free enough so you can enter into 'the zone' and use your trained or built up knowledge automatically and directly into your own free style which blends to suit any opponent.
    This happens sometimes when under extreme pressure you go onto automatic pilot/no thought at all, just pure reaction to whats happening within those split second moments.The time span between pre thought and action is spanned somehow then and you become a touch faster than just your training and you become bang on in reaction.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's a good point. After reading that I can't help but think about Floyd Mayweather Jr. Watch some of the video clips of him training. All of his moves and including the slick and subtle have been internalized to the point where it has become unconscious competance, or in other words, he doesn't have to think about it. When he's blocking shots with his shoulders, shots to the body, and shifting his feet, etc, he does it all instinctively. I think like Joe said, it's not magic, but I see that it can appear that way to people that haven't invested the time/effort to learn the moves inside and out. That being said I admit that I'm also guilty of often being complacent, although I've spent a little time practicing much of the moves out there, and watching fights, etc, I haven't put enough time in to get it down cold.
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Peak?
    No thoughts needed,at peak
    Act and react,youve allready put hours upon hours
    Instant reaction,or action

Thread Information