Why is he not headlining this event?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: No respect for Calderon

JCC Jr. is the bigger name there, JCC Jr. had been announced as the main event long before any of the other fights had been put together.

Also Calderon just faught, this was like a stay busy fight for him and TopRank IMO needed some names on there they added Arce immidiately after and then Calderon came next. I think Calderon himself understands what happened and was $willing$ to fight as the undercard.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with Mick, it was a fight to stay active. Now a fight with U. Solis or a rematch with Cazares would definitely be a main event!!!
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree. This was Chavez first PPV as a headliner. And he did great. There will be more to follow. Like Mick said, Calderon knew and understood the situation. Calderon did his part and won over a game opponent. Now Calderon-Ulises Solis must happen.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    I agree. This was Chavez first PPV as a headliner. And he did great. There will be more to follow. Like Mick said, Calderon knew and understood the situation. Calderon did his part and won over a game opponent. Now Calderon-Ulises Solis must happen.
    Yeah Solis is the fight Calderon should target, I kinda feel for Cazares cause he deserves a rematch. Maybe he & Sosa could fight with the winner facing the victor of a Calderon/ Solis bout!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy.
    Yeah Solis is the fight Calderon should target, I kinda feel for Cazares cause he deserves a rematch. Maybe he & Sosa could fight with the winner facing the victor of a Calderon/ Solis bout!
    I wouldn't mind seeing Calderon rematch Cazares. As I had Cazares winning the first fight. But Calderon-Solis is what I really want to see. And I think Edgar Sosa is set up to fight Omar Salado (another good fighter). Who won an eliminator and I'm pretty sure is his number 1 contender.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wouldn't mind seeing Calderon rematch Cazares. As I had Cazares winning the first fight. But Calderon-Solis is what I really want to see. And I think Edgar Sosa is set up to fight Omar Salado (another good fighter). Who won an eliminator and I'm pretty sure is his number 1 contender.
    Yeah Salado is still in the mix cause he drew with Solis a while back. So if he's fighting Sosa it'll be a good fight. I think there was a rematch clause so Cazares may come 1st but I think Calderon wins another close fight. I'm with you though VD Calderon/ Solis has to be in the near future!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cazares took too long to get started against Calderon. He can't afford to do that I hope he redeems himself cause he my favourite at LF.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    Cazares took too long to get started against Calderon. He can't afford to do that I hope he redeems himself cause he my favourite at LF.
    Calderon is mine & I think he beats Cazares again but with bigger fights Segura could soon take over & if Roman Gonzalez stays at 108 he'll also be in the running!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Calderon is mine & I think he beats Cazares again but with bigger fights Segura could soon take over & if Roman Gonzalez stays at 108 he'll also be in the running!
    I favor Solis the most.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I favor Solis the most.
    Yeah I like Solis too, although Calderon is the linear champion of the division, Solis has claims as the top man in the divison IMO. He defeated Burgos who had held Alvarez to a draw (Alvarez was champion at the time). When Alvarez moved up Solis became rated #1 IMO. That right there is reason enough to make at Calderon/ Solis fight.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd love to see Calderon SOlis fight! I'd love to see Cazares Calderon 2 because had a few knockdowns been called,Hugo would have won that. Heck,I'd love to see Solis v Cazares!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

WOW, I don't know half the fighter names mentioned on this thread. Guess I need to pay more attention to all these little guys. I wouldn't call myselft a hardcore Calderon fan. But I think he should defenately start getting recognized as a top 10 P4P. Top 10 pound4pounders should headline their events even in their stay-busy-fights.

But I do understand what Mick said and I guess he has a point.

Hey, but I had a good time last night. Those were some good fights and we got a little of everything. Some slick boxing, some intense brawling and the always nice to see first round knock out.

Thread Information