Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default HAYE, HATTON, CALZAGHE

I was reading my boxing monthly today and i was reading a piece by Glyn Leach and he said that in his opinion Haye's victory over Mormeck in the frenchman's backyard is on par with and perhaps even eclipses anything that Hatton and Calzaghe had achieved to date.Haye ventured into an undisputed champions home city to win his titles,in front of Mormecks fans rather than hold out for home advantage.And he did so in only his 21st fight,whereas it took both Hatton and Calzaghe close to 40 fights before they even faced a defending world champion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: HAYE, HATTON, CALZAGHE

He has a good point..I got the issue but havn't read the article yet.Have to check that one out.

"It wasn't the night of the jab"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well although Haye's exploits to date are admirable I don't believe that he can be depicted as the best of British yet. The fight was in Europe it was hardly a trek across the world!

Haye is good, a nice fighter and a clasyy guy, with an image which is good for the sport, however I feel as of yet he has not quite ticked all the boxes...

And surel a Hatton win would solidify him as no.1?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sorry mormeck wasn't even close to being the in league of guys like tszyu or kessler, or even collazo or the old eubank imo...

Mormeck was shot going itno that, everyone know after a few rounds he would trie end of... yes it was in his back yard, but end of haye was he #1 and his promotor didn't have the money to win the purse bid, he had to do it...

Calzaghe beat eubank in his back yard, hatotn beat collazo in his back yard, both on points... if haye had beaten the frenchman on points in france then that would be a feat, but any great fighter has shown that they can fight anywhere and look no different doing it.

All fighters say the same, when theya re in the ring nothing else matters, they noise of the crowd, the vanue, it's just you him and one lonely feeling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think one of the main points is he did it in 21 fights and it was undisputed champ and im just sharing it with you guys.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with him. I put Haye's win on a par with Calzaghe's over Kessler because of the difference in circumstances.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Lewis
    Sorry mormeck wasn't even close to being the in league of guys like tszyu or kessler, or even collazo or the old eubank imo...

Mormeck was shot going itno that, everyone know after a few rounds he would trie end of... yes it was in his back yard, but end of haye was he #1 and his promotor didn't have the money to win the purse bid, he had to do it...

Calzaghe beat eubank in his back yard, hatotn beat collazo in his back yard, both on points... if haye had beaten the frenchman on points in france then that would be a feat, but any great fighter has shown that they can fight anywhere and look no different doing it.

All fighters say the same, when theya re in the ring nothing else matters, they noise of the crowd, the vanue, it's just you him and one lonely feeling.

How was Mormeck shot ?? he was fresh off beating Bell in the rematch, and no way Hatton beating Collazo is a bigger feat. Collazo was virtually unknown before Hatton fight and many people consider that fight to be a gift decision for Hatton and that was supposed to be showcase for Hatton at Welterweight.

Calzaghe beat eubank in his back yard, hatotn beat collazo in his back yard, both on points... if haye had beaten the frenchman on points in france then that would be a feat,

So your saying its less impressive that Haye KO Mormeck, and in your opinion it would be a bigger feat had he won on points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster
    I agree with him. I put Haye's win on a par with Calzaghe's over Kessler because of the difference in circumstances.
    CC#410

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by MAYWEATHER P4P#1
    I think one of the main points is he did it in 21 fights and it was undisputed champ and im just sharing it with you guys.

i read the same article and to be honest i agree and tend to disagree in a way. can see both sides.

your point above makes it very impressive tho.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah, I have to agree that I was extremely pleased and impressed with the way the Haye took the victory coming back from the brink and KO'ing Mormeck in that manner was great. Indeed, in the writers' Fighter of the Month competition, Haye took my vote over Calzaghe for that reason, because it was really a remarkable achievement.

However, with the main point of the thread, it is up there with some of the individual victories that Calzaghe and Hatton have achieved, but Haye still has a long way to go to match their impressive records month on month and year on year.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun
    Yeah, I have to agree that I was extremely pleased and impressed with the way the Haye took the victory coming back from the brink and KO'ing Mormeck in that manner was great. Indeed, in the writers' Fighter of the Month competition, Haye took my vote over Calzaghe for that reason, because it was really a remarkable achievement.

However, with the main point of the thread, it is up there with some of the individual victories that Calzaghe and Hatton have achieved, but Haye still has a long way to go to match their impressive records month on month and year on year.
    Exactly. Haye may never (odds against he wont) reach the heights of Calzaghe or Hatton, but his win at this stage of his career was a tremendous effort that should be appreciated MUCH more than it has been.. for obvious reasons.

Writers Fighter of the Month competition? You can have a CC for a wasted vote.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Thread Information