Cool Clicks

Default Re: Dan Birmingham says Winky would come to UK to fight Calzaghe

Quote Originally Posted by Bomp
    Quote Originally Posted by nuclear bull
    Quote Originally Posted by CFH
    Quote Originally Posted by Tins06
    no big name should fight calzaghe, he doesn't deserve the big payday, the large part of his reighn has been against stand infront of you limited euro opponets, lacy was taylor made for him, kessler was a stand infront of me to, he only had those fights because those guys aggreed to travel to wales, if they where like joe and refused to fight outside there backyards he'd have never fought them and never made headlines

sod joe calzaghe all talk
    Wouldn't matter if he had to fight them on the moon...they would still get owned by Joe.
    he wouldnt fight them unless it was in wales and wales only....................... good old joe likes a easy life
    There's not a whole lot that is easy in the life of a boxer, regardless of where he fights and the (at times) questionable quality of his opposition.
    How can you deride Calzaghe for fighting Kessler? He was the #2 man at SM, with Joe being #1, and the only other "champion"/belt-holder worth fighting. We all get it, guys like Manfredo and Ashira weren't much of a challenge, no S***, but Lacy and Kessler were legitimate threats (or in Lacy's case seen as a legitimate threat at the time). It didn't matter where the fight took place, Kessler was the only guy to fight.
    and so joes now a hero for it yeah......... let me ask this, johnny nelson was wbo champion for 7 years, why is there no topics about him being this great fighter a warrior, defending his title for 7 years is it because he was fighting low calibre boxers. why did joe drop the ibf belt after beating lacy, is it because it woyuld allow him to fight unknown bika and tv celeb manfredo instead of a mandatory with the ibf................ thats what i mean by easy life
    You're absolutely correct, Joe C was shitting himself at the prospect of fighting Berrio, said so in many interviews, that's why he picked to fight Kessler, because Kessler was so obviously a bum and a S*** fighter
    Not to split hairs, but nuclear bull's points become even less valid when you take into account that it was in fact Robert Stieglitz who was the mandatory spot holder due to challenge Calzaghe as the IBF's mandatory, who ended up sparked in 3 rounds by Berrio in the rematch of their IBF Eliminator.

my saying GOOD OLD JOE LIKES THE EASY LIFE was a sarcastic coment, aimed at the fact he fights on home soil against largely unknown fighters thats all
    If that is your explanation of a sarcastic comment I suggest you revisit your dictionary. If "Good old Joe likes the easy life" was made in sarcasm, it would imply that in reality he's had hard fight after hard fight, which is not necassarily the case.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Dan Birmingham says Winky would come to UK to fight Calzaghe

i love this forum thanks guys

Thread Information