Thread: Beginner boxer,age 16,height 5'6,142 lbs also live nowhere around gyms

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Beginner boxer,age 16,height 5'6,142 lbs also live nowhere around gyms

Read carefully. if you aint serious please dont post hi my name is tariq furqan and for many of my childhood years i always wanted to become a strong efficent fighter. i always tried many sorts of workouts but finally i want to become a boxer. (or fighter) i ordered some equipment (fabric speed rope,heavy bag,speed bag. and i also have an bodybuilding machine too. i dont know how to get started. so i need some help please.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Beginner boxer,age 16,height 5'6,142 lbs also live nowhere around gyms

Quote Originally Posted by tariq_da_champ
    Read carefully. if you aint serious please dont post hi my name is tariq furqan and for many of my childhood years i always wanted to become a strong efficent fighter. i always tried many sorts of workouts but finally i want to become a boxer. (or fighter) i ordered some equipment (fabric speed rope,heavy bag,speed bag. and i also have an bodybuilding machine too. i dont know how to get started. so i need some help please.
    if you are serious you have to find a gym.

Yes you can do some training at home but you won't know if you're any good or doing it right unless you can get to a gym.

If there are no boxing gyms, do muay thai, can't find an MT class do kickboxing. Even if it is not exactly what you're after it will get you fit, it will teach the fundamentals of boxing, it will focus your determination oh yeah and it will get you used to being hit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Beginner boxer,age 16,height 5'6,142 lbs also live nowhere around gyms

If you're not at a gym, and you have no one to spar with, your defense will suck. Also, at a gym, the trainers can show you perfect form, and will help you practice, but training at home is still a hell of a lot better than not training at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah unless your training wrong
    and you have to adjust all the bad habets you trained on

then you 'll prob wish you didn't train boxing at home.

ofcourse you can train at home, but stick to running, rope jumping, lifting some weights and all things that will get/keep you fit and leave the boxing for the day you can train at a gym or with some1 who can tell/show you how it's done, and correct you b4 the bad habits becomes habits.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hate to say it because I know those machines are expensive but a body building machine isn't the best for boxing training, you'll have to be quiet careful what you do on it and how you do it or you'll get to slow and bulky

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i have an resistance machine for power training. not the body building belt. and another thing i know the basic of boxing. (i learned it from a kung fu fighter on how to box. so i know the basics and the only people i can spar with is my dad,and my cousins.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Where do you live Tariq?
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What city?
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

baton rouge. and i cant find an trainer here. if i cant find a way to stick with boxing ill be doomed. ill lose interest in boxing.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Boot Camp Boxing Club
    500 Jesse Stone #9626
    Baton Rouge
    LA
    225-344-9688

BREC Boxing Club
    5612 Robertson Avenue
    Baton Rouge
    LA
    504-357-3166

Frank's Boxing Club
    2841 Ormond Avenue
    Baton Rouge
    LA
    504-766-966

Have you heard of any of these places? could you get to them?

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ok is there anymore ? REMEMBER! i live in 70807 area

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont really understand how that affects you though do I, if theres a gym in your zip code then great, but I wouldnt know how far you live from area 70806.

Is it possible to get to any of these gyms? if not phone the one nearest you and enquire about other places, you never know your luck

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ok thank you very much. i cant thank you enough. memphis thanks alot im very grateful

Thread Information