Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fight nearly breaks out between Calzaghe & Hopkins in Vegas!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fight nearly breaks out between Calzaghe & Hopkins in Vegas!!!

But if a white person said " i would never let a black boy beat me." The leftist press wouldn't shut their mouths and would be calling a racist at the top of their lungs. Hypocracy at it's worst.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Lewis
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Quote Originally Posted by chamiley
    A fight nearly broke out between Bernard Hopkins and Joe Calzaghe today during their first face-to-face meeting at the MGM Grand Media Center in Las Vegas. "I would never let a white boy beat me," Hopkins told reporters. "You can print that. I would never lose to a white person." Hopkins also dissed Calzaghe's win over Mikkel Kessler. "Kessler is not in my league, man. Who is Kessler? You think Kessler was a true warrior?" Calzaghe stated, "He ducked me four years ago. He thinks he's a legend but he lost to Jermain Taylor twice and, believe me, he will lose to me.....He'll get his a*** kicked, full stop. He's all mouth. He doesn't fight, he holds." Both fighters said they would make their showdown happen in 2008, possibly at Yankee Stadium in New York City.

I guess this is bernard's way of getting winky out of the path to Calzaghe
    for the info chamiley!

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaah ha ha ha ha!!! Hopkins fwockin kills me!!!

"I would never lose to a white person" ?

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ha ha ha ha!!! A white person!!

This dumbass better realize that a vast majority of his paying customers are "white persons".

Favorite fighter or not...Hopkins is barkin up the wrong tree. Joe will beat the Nard's a**...I'm gonna go out on a limb & state that he might even embarass him.
    Nobody has ever embarrassed Hopkins before and Calzaghe will not be the first. Hopkins is just hyping himself up for this fight. And he's doing a great job. Calzaghe and his pimp Warren need to make this fight happen.
    By exposing himself as hating the white man?
    Never said it was right.
    Ain't about being right.

Is it a good move?
    Based on Hopkins less than exciting style and Calzaghe being obscure to US fans this fight might need all the attention it can get. Good or bad.
    So Hopkins exposes himself as a white hating racist to make the fight?

Least he's trying.

If Calzaghe don't start that racist S*** we know he scared, right?
    Yeah Hopkins really showed he hates White people with that one comment.
    "I would never let me a white boy beat me," Hopkins said five times.

"You can print that. I would never lose to a white person.

He must have a thing against whitey, no?
    um, no?

its hopkins, hes hyping the fight. if joe was black he would of said he would never lose to a brit or something like that, wouldn;t mean hehates brit.

hopkins is being hopkins...
    um, what?

Does that still not make him racist? So it's OK for Hopkins to be racsist? He's just being Hopkins? Racist?
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Lewis

"I would never let me a white boy beat me," Hopkins said five times.

"You can print that. I would never lose to a white person.

He must have a thing against whitey, no?
    um, no?

its hopkins, hes hyping the fight. if joe was black he would of said he would never lose to a brit or something like that, wouldn;t mean hehates brit.

hopkins is being hopkins...
    Yeah...honestly...I am shocked that people take shit like this so seriously when it comes from these fighter's moufs.

Hopkins is merely trying to sell the show...as a few of me other fellow forum goers have arleady said. Nationality & race really sells fights...like it or not...& I don't. Hopkins has done this before...the Tito fight was a biggie. Hopkins nearly broke out a riot...& that shit worked for him...he really got into Tito's noggin & the people's.

Highly doubt that that works for Calzaghe though.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well Hopkins went out of his way to say it, and said he didn't care if they printed it, so he knew how it would come across to people. So he obviously doesn't care if people think he's a racist, which he is. But I don't care, f#ck his boring a##. And Fenster? Don't sweat it. A bunch of hypocrites riding that train rationalizing for Hopkins. Good thing Pavlik didn't say some sh#t like that to Taylor, or his prize money probably would have been frozen by the Southern Poverty lawyers coming out of the woodwork like rats, and his license would have been revoked
    But hell, if it's good for promoting, I hope Joe starts throwing out some racial slander himself. Course' then he'll get labeled a racist for insulting the black man, and there will be cry baby protesters on the press tour. F#ck em' Joe, you don't live in this tear jerk country, spit that venom son and fight that snaggletooth Borenard Slopkins, beat that a##
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by nuclear bull
    i haven't seen the footage but if hopkins said that then its out of order, i'm not a fan of joes im a hopkins fan but theres no need for such coments
    this is typical hopkins. He has no class when it comes to playing mind games. He threw down the Puerto Rican flag during the build up to his fight with Tito.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by fin
    If Joe said he would never lose to a black man the there wud be outrage,hopkins is a racist fool....
    oh and if they do fight,then the 'white boy will beat his a**...

Joe is 2 fast,throws more punches and is a hardrer puncher..in other words...better..
    Al Sharpton would be asking for his retirement and his career would be completely destroyed by the media. Ive always been a Hopkins fan, but that is dispicable. I lost respect for him for this one.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LEGION
    Well Hopkins went out of his way to say it, and said he didn't care if they printed it, so he knew how it would come across to people. So he obviously doesn't care if people think he's a racist, which he is. But I don't care, f#ck his boring a##. And Fenster? Don't sweat it. A bunch of hypocrites riding that train rationalizing for Hopkins. Good thing Pavlik didn't say some sh#t like that to Taylor, or his prize money probably would have been frozen by the Southern Poverty lawyers coming out of the woodwork like rats, and his license would have been revoked
    But hell, if it's good for promoting, I hope Joe starts throwing out some racial slander himself. Course' then he'll get labeled a racist for insulting the black man, and there will be cry baby protesters on the press tour. F#ck em' Joe, you don't live in this tear jerk country, spit that venom son and fight that snaggletooth Borenard Slopkins, beat that a##
    This isn't something that really bothers me. I was engaging in silly banter with VD.. but why people would start to justify Hopkins comments is puzzling

It's the hypocrisy of the thing that intrigues me.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was a racist comment...

The other way around and there would be outrage...

Hopkins has no class...
    Is the most boring fighter in the world
    And while he is a great fighter and is a freak of nature,he spent most of his career fighting average people....
    His biggest wins was against tito(welterweight)...Oscar(light middleweight)...and tarver who was old and had to lose loads of weight after rocky...

bit unfair...
    nope, calzaghe gets slated all the time about his opponents

Sheika,reid,brewer,mitchell are as good as any bernarnd opponents apart from the above mentioned three...

Kessler and lacy were young in their prime super middleweights....

Joe is faster,throws more punches,bigger puncher,better looking(oh....well so my sis told me).....,is a bigger draw and has more class,unlike racist bernard......

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LEGION
    Truth at it's best.

Lets not be justifying any of this crap though. Hopkins should have more class. There are better ways to hype a fight than this.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by fin
    It was a racist comment...

The other way around and there would be outrage...

Hopkins has no class...
    Is the most boring fighter in the world
    And while he is a great fighter and is a freak of nature,he spent most of his career fighting average people....
    His biggest wins was against tito(welterweight)...Oscar(light middleweight)...and tarver who was old and had to lose loads of weight after rocky...

bit unfair...
    nope, calzaghe gets slated all the time about his opponents

Sheika,reid,brewer,mitchell are as good as any bernarnd opponents apart from the above mentioned three...

Kessler and lacy were young in their prime super middleweights....

Joe is faster,throws more punches,bigger puncher,better looking(oh....well so my sis told me).....,is a bigger draw and has more class,unlike racist bernard......
    You don't even have a sister.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Daxx Kahn
    Hopkins just lost me as a fan.. ....The way he said white boy like he is better then them or he could not fathom a white fighter beating him....Very disrespectful in general.....and low class...I am not going to pretend I am a fan of Calzaghe but I hope this fight is made and Joe Knocks his arrogant a** out of the stands.....

Lets see how Hopkins likes the white boy catching him with 700+ punches and embarrassing him in the ring......
    Respect to you Daxx, when you're a fan of a fighter, as I know you are/were of Hopkins, it's easy to dismiss some of the things they say as just trash talk or whatever, but you fronted up and showed you stick to your princples right here.

However, I don't think that it is quite the same as Calzaghe saying he could never lost to a black man, (which would certainly cause a whole heap more uproar,) because of the historical links and white people traditionally having been the ethnic majority in most western cultures. And if he said he would never lose to a black man, he'd lose me as a fan too.

CC Man.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh and while im rantng,il add another thing,i hav to laugh when b hop calls himself the executioner and gives his opponents the cut throat sign and then gets in2 the ring and does fuck all,apart from hold and headbutt......

Got his ass kicked by jernain taylor.......

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont hav a sisther...........eh i think i do........

pointless comment

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

topic locked...

continue it here if you like....

http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxing_fo...msg724132.html

Thread Information