Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sorry, but WTF are people thinking?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Sorry, but WTF are people thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by bcollins
    Hey, I can't stand Floyd - but I still picked him to win. But to summarily dismiss Hatton's chances is just crazy.

It's boxing - all kinds of crazy S*** happens...and if it's a KO in round 3 by Hatton, I'm gonna crap my pants.
    Well stated...till you hit that 3rd round bit...then it kinda...limped away like a 60 year old gimp with a load of poop out the chute.

Fecal matters...it really does.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    I want Mayweather-Hatton to be as lopsided as possible. And it we'll be. Mayweather is going to batter his a**.
    Do you really REALLY see it that way?

I just don't. I don't think that it'll be a lopsided loss. While I think that Floyd will win, I think that he's gonna have a bit of a tuffy on his hands.

I want a decisive win though...because if we don't...then Hatton fans will never let it go...nor will Hatton.
    Are you kidding ? Floyd needs a humbling in the worst way, the kids a fu$#@$# cunt !

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey, I can't stand Floyd - but I still picked him to win. But to summarily dismiss Hatton's chances is just crazy.

It's boxing - all kinds of crazy S*** happens...and if it's a KO in round 3 by Hatton, I'm gonna crap my pants.
    Well stated...till you hit that 3rd round bit...then it kinda...limped away like a 60 year old gimp with a load of poop out the chute.

I had one of those dreams about a week ago where that scenario happened. That's why I would freak out if it came true.

And crap my pants.

Oh yeah - CC in 24 - damn karma.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I want Mayweather-Hatton to be as lopsided as possible. And it we'll be. Mayweather is going to batter his a**.

I just don't. I don't think that it'll be a lopsided loss. While I think that Floyd will win, I think that he's gonna have a bit of a tuffy on his hands.

I want a decisive win though...because if we don't...then Hatton fans will never let it go...nor will Hatton.
    Yes I do. Mayweather-Jesus Chavez, Mayweather-Arturo Gatti, Mayweather-Carlos Hernandez, Mayweather-Phillip N'dou were all one-sided fights. And all were fighters that came straight forward like Hatton. And before everybody says Hatton is a better fighter than those guys, he ain't that much better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes I do. Mayweather-Jesus Chavez, Mayweather-Arturo Gatti, Mayweather-Carlos Hernandez, Mayweather-Phillip N'dou were all one-sided fights. And all were fighters that came straight forward like Hatton. And before everybody says Hatton is a better fighter than those guys, he ain't that much better.
    Well...gotta disagree there babe.

Hatton's a much better fighter than Gatti & N'dou.

Chavez & Hernandez? Tuff call...not better...but similar in many ways. Pressure wise atleast.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I feel that fans on both sides are at fault here.

Hatton fans have toted an easy win for Hatton. If Hatton wins it certainly won't be easy and to state anything to the contrary is belittling the massive milestone that beating the p4p champ would be.

Floyd fans are flawed in their view of Hatton as unworthy. He's a great champion, a legitimate threat and pay per view gold, god damn right hes's worthy!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by zhubin
    What are you talking about?! I personally am getting sick of some Floyd fans claiming that "everyone" thought he was going to lose against GATTI?!! JUDAH?!! or even Oscar. The majority of people didn't think this...especially on this board. You like him as a fighter...fair enough. But stop playing the Floyd is made out the underdog card/people think he is going lose. No one is buying it. Oscar was past his prime and notorious for gassing out. Judah is the mentally weakest fighter in the business. And Gatti?!!!! Pleeeease. Solid wins...sure. But most knowleadgable fans knew he was the favorite in those fights and he did what he was supposed to do...beat fighters who was better than. End of.
    Do you want to look back? Do you want to read what people on here have written? There were several people who thought Mayweather couldn't handle Gatti's power. A there were quite a few people who thought Judah would win. And for Oscar in the ring magazine it was 10:10 for experts and boxers about who was going to win. I am not claiming Mayweather is the underdog in any of these fights, I am saying people thought these guys had a good chance of winning and they all came short by a distinct margin. I am tired of people saying Hatton will take him out in this fight when bigger punchers, better body punchers haven't been able to. I don't think Hatton is bad at all, he one of the best pure pressure fighters and reminds me of Joe Frazier a lot. Just for the record I also think its retarded that people are so sure Mayweather will kick Hatton's ass. These are elite fighters, and the only reason why other great ww's would beat Hatton early is because they had huge power, but Mayweather doesn't and IMO if Ray Robinson, Leonard, Hearns had Mayweather's power they would be in big trouble against Hatton.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    Quote Originally Posted by zhubin
    What are you talking about?! I personally am getting sick of some Floyd fans claiming that "everyone" thought he was going to lose against GATTI?!! JUDAH?!! or even Oscar. The majority of people didn't think this...especially on this board. You like him as a fighter...fair enough. But stop playing the Floyd is made out the underdog card/people think he is going lose. No one is buying it. Oscar was past his prime and notorious for gassing out. Judah is the mentally weakest fighter in the business. And Gatti?!!!! Pleeeease. Solid wins...sure. But most knowleadgable fans knew he was the favorite in those fights and he did what he was supposed to do...beat fighters who was better than. End of.
    Do you want to look back? Do you want to read what people on here have written? There were several people who thought Mayweather couldn't handle Gatti's power. A there were quite a few people who thought Judah would win. And for Oscar in the ring magazine it was 10:10 for experts and boxers about who was going to win. I am not claiming Mayweather is the underdog in any of these fights, I am saying people thought these guys had a good chance of winning and they all came short by a distinct margin. I am tired of people saying Hatton will take him out in this fight when bigger punchers, better body punchers haven't been able to. I don't think Hatton is bad at all, he one of the best pure pressure fighters and reminds me of Joe Frazier a lot. Just for the record I also think its retarded that people are so sure Mayweather will kick Hatton's a**. These are elite fighters, and the only reason why other great ww's would beat Hatton early is because they had huge power, but Mayweather doesn't and IMO if Ray Robinson, Leonard, Hearns had Mayweather's power they would be in big trouble against Hatton.
    Fair enough Taeth. I obviously don't have exact number of who picked who in those fights. But i clearly remember Floyd being the favorite. Sure...SOME people will think the opposition has a chance...but you make it sound like the general consensus was that Floyd was going to lose. Anyways, i think Mayweather is the deserved favorite tomorrow night and that seems to be what quite few others think as well. But i hope it's a great fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Regardless of how people viewed the other fights, what I am saying is its stupid for people to say Mayweather is for sure going to kick Hatton's ass when he hasn't foughten somebody like Hatton, and Hatton has foughten someone like Mayweather so its hard to tell. Secondly its even stupider to say Hatton will destroy Mayweather IMO because Mayweather is near the top of his game, he is faster than anyone Hatton's ever faced, he so good defensively, he has underrated power, and more importantly he's a tough fucker, look at him against Castillo, Burton, Oscar, Judah, N'Dou he takes big punches and he doesn't get stopped.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    Regardless of how people viewed the other fights, what I am saying is its stupid for people to say Mayweather is for sure going to kick Hatton's a** when he hasn't foughten somebody like Hatton, and Hatton has foughten someone like Mayweather so its hard to tell. Secondly its even stupider to say Hatton will destroy Mayweather IMO because Mayweather is near the top of his game, he is faster than anyone Hatton's ever faced, he so good defensively, he has underrated power, and more importantly he's a tough f*****, look at him against Castillo, Burton, Oscar, Judah, N'Dou he takes big punches and he doesn't get stopped.
    Those were some good points. It bugs me when people totally write off anyone.

Floyd's toughness is something that doesn't get brough up very often, but he can take a shot. CC in 24.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Going to end a "draw" and the fans will riot.
    Hidden Content Boot Hill, Where the Real Fights Are Fought.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Saddo
    think its more of a case the no one can predict the outcome of this fight regardless of who they are.... its ifs, buts and speculation you can pick massive holes in both fighters records if you want to create a 20 page thread.

so you will find because of this alot of people are picking the underdog good guy... NO MORE NO LESS.

regardless of how onesided you or anyone think this will be i don't think there is anyone that would put there house on Mayweather winning this fight... no matter how confident they say this mismatch is.

same goes for Hatton.

and after this fight is over there will be a new breed of fans claiming cotto will KO the winner

and that is the reason we all love the sport of Boxing.

There are reasons both COULD win. I don't see it as a mismatch but it's always going to to be hard for anyone at the moment to match floyd Jnr's skill. Hatton seems very determined and focussed which people seem to be using to boost his chances. Floyd is doing his usual thing in the lead up to the fight which is probably good for him. Agreed about the Cotto comment - nice one.
    “If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” Muhammad Ali.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He'll win without much problems. Ignore these Hatton groupies comments. There boxing knowledge is very poor.
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CountryBoy
    He'll win without much problems. Ignore these Hatton groupies comments. There boxing knowledge is very poor.
    Question VD i forgot which round Kessler KOED Calzaghe in ? please post the answer for all the other Hatton fans with no boxing knowledge
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey wacko....just wondering what has made you change your mind since the fight was made?? i just ask coz i think i member you being very convinced with a one sided PBF decision, i mite be wrong but thought id ask!! Interesting as ive slightly come round to Hattons chances myself!

Thread Information