Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sorry, but WTF are people thinking?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Sorry, but WTF are people thinking?

Every time Mayweather fights somebody he is supposedly going to lose. People said he would lose to Gatti, To judah, to Dela Hoya. Dela Hoya had been in the best shape since he was at welterweight against Mayweather and still lost. I am not saying Hatton isn't good or determined, but there is a reason why pro boxers who watch mayweather work out are absolutely amazed... Nobody works as hard as him, and he doesn't take anybody lightly. I am not saying he is going to win for 100% certainty, but it is pretty close to that, and I think it will be a competitive fight with wide scores.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Sorry, but WTF are people thinking?

He'll win without much problems. Ignore these Hatton groupies comments. There boxing knowledge is very poor.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What are you talking about?! I personally am getting sick of some Floyd fans claiming that "everyone" thought he was going to lose against GATTI?!! JUDAH?!! or even Oscar. The majority of people didn't think this...especially on this board. You like him as a fighter...fair enough. But stop playing the Floyd is made out the underdog card/people think he is going lose. No one is buying it. Oscar was past his prime and notorious for gassing out. Judah is the mentally weakest fighter in the business. And Gatti?!!!! Pleeeease. Solid wins...sure. But most knowleadgable fans knew he was the favorite in those fights and he did what he was supposed to do...beat fighters who was better than. End of.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

think its more of a case the no one can predict the outcome of this fight regardless of who they are.... its ifs, buts and speculation you can pick massive holes in both fighters records if you want to create a 20 page thread.

so you will find because of this alot of people are picking the underdog good guy... NO MORE NO LESS.

regardless of how onesided you or anyone think this will be i don't think there is anyone that would put there house on Mayweather winning this fight... no matter how confident they say this mismatch is.

same goes for Hatton.

and after this fight is over there will be a new breed of fans claiming cotto will KO the winner

and that is the reason we all love the sport of Boxing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    He'll win without much problems. Ignore these Hatton groupies comments. There boxing knowledge is very poor.
    From a guy who said Kessler would destroy Calzaghe.....yeah VD you make sense!!!

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kel
    From a guy who said Kessler would destroy Calzaghe.....yeah VD you make sense!!!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Saddo
    think its more of a case the no one can predict the outcome of this fight regardless of who they are.... its ifs, buts and speculation you can pick massive holes in both fighters records if you want to create a 20 page thread.

so you will find because of this alot of people are picking the underdog good guy... NO MORE NO LESS.

regardless of how onesided you or anyone think this will be i don't think there is anyone that would put there house on Mayweather winning this fight... no matter how confident they say this mismatch is.

same goes for Hatton.

and after this fight is over there will be a new breed of fans claiming cotto will KO the winner

Actually I think in terms of difficult opponents for Floyd, Hatton ranks 4th behind Cotto, Paul Williams and Mosely. He's on a par with Margarito imo as a challenge to Floyd. All the hype about this being Floyd's toughest challenge to date is overblown, De La Hoya was a bigger challenge, Corrales was a bigger challenge.

Of course I can't back this up until tomorrow but I can virtually guarantee that come Monday people will be on here saying that Hatton was just a blown up light welter and that of course it was always going to be an easy win for Floyd and that he was taking the easy option and dodging the legitimate threats like Cotto, Mosely etc.

Another 48 hours or so, you'll see

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bilbo, i think most people on this board are picking Floyd. Some are picking Hatton. But i think ALL of us want an exciting fight. Floyd is deservedly the heavy favorite. But if we all truly felt that Hatton had ZERO chance...why dish out $50+ to watch the fight? (except for just hardcore mayweather fans).

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by zhubin
    Bilbo, i think most people on this board are picking Floyd. Some are picking Hatton. But i think ALL of us want an exciting fight. Floyd is deservedly the heavy favorite. But if we all truly felt that Hatton had ZERO chance...why dish out $50+ to watch the fight? (except for just hardcore mayweather fans).
    To watch Hatton get his ass beat.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To watch Hatton get his a** beat.
    Haha! Fair enough i guess. I guess i would feel my money is better spent on a competitive fight and a possible HUGE upset. To each their own.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haha! Fair enough i guess. I guess i would feel my money is better spent on a competitive fight and a possible HUGE upset. To each their own.
    I got Edner Cherry-Wes Ferguson for a competitive fight. I want Mayweather-Hatton to be as lopsided as possible. And it we'll be. Mayweather is going to batter his ass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lol. Got there before me. Of course what are you worried about $50 for? That $50 won't be coming out of your purse, lol. It'll also be worth it to see Lacy beat Manfredo's face uglier than it already is.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

you guys said the same about Castilo

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddo

same goes for Hatton.

Actually I think in terms of difficult opponents for Floyd, Hatton ranks 4th behind Cotto, Paul Williams and Mosely. He's on a par with Margarito imo as a challenge to Floyd. All the hype about this being Floyd's toughest challenge to date is overblown, De La Hoya was a bigger challenge, Corrales was a bigger challenge.

Of course I can't back this up until tomorrow but I can virtually guarantee that come Monday people will be on here saying that Hatton was just a blown up light welter and that of course it was always going to be an easy win for Floyd and that he was taking the easy option and dodging the legitimate threats like Cotto, Mosely etc.

Another 48 hours or so, you'll see
    nah whatever happens there will be guys saying i said it all along... and half would have

but as i stated before in the other thread there are just too many questions over the DLH fight for me.... and Castillo aint as big a challange as Hatton IMO and he nearly won... i know hatton is moving up for this fight but i still feel it is mayweather who has the natrual weight disadvantage.

its a pickem there are gonna be alot of mayweather fans in for a big shock... be a double blow for you mate if Khan also gets knocked out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I want Mayweather-Hatton to be as lopsided as possible. And it we'll be. Mayweather is going to batter his a**.
    Do you really REALLY see it that way?

I just don't. I don't think that it'll be a lopsided loss. While I think that Floyd will win, I think that he's gonna have a bit of a tuffy on his hands.

I want a decisive win though...because if we don't...then Hatton fans will never let it go...nor will Hatton.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey, I can't stand Floyd - but I still picked him to win. But to summarily dismiss Hatton's chances is just crazy.

It's boxing - all kinds of crazy shit happens...and if it's a KO in round 3 by Hatton, I'm gonna crap my pants.

Thread Information