Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Call me crazy but it seems like Hatton genuinly dislikes Floyd

I really think Ricky does not like Floyd on a personal level for one reason or another, To me when it is all weighed out it makes sense...

1. Hatton has been making comments and calling out Floyd for a long time, After the Castillo fight he did not just call him out but insulted him point blank. When Hatton stated he wanted to fight Tszyu he did not say it with the conviction he did when calling out Floyd. He said it with respect and gave Tszyu his props even before the fight.

2. Unlike his usual joking manner before his fights Hatton has plain out made fun of, disrespected, insulted, mocked and every other word you can think of when talking about Floyd....There has not been the good nature ribbing like other opponents. Very unchachteristic of Hatton.

3.At press conferences Hatton has been in Floys face like if it were up to him they would be scrapping in the parking lot then and there. When quiet Hatton has that nervous energy about him, AND NO NOT BECAUSE HE IS SCARED...More like if Floyd says one thing to many Ricky will jump up and snatch him by the throat......

To me there is more to Hattons behavior then just fight Hype...He has had 40+ bouts and never behaved like this before...it all seems out the window for him right now...

I did get a presser stating somethings Floyd has done to Hatton off camera and I think it is eating at Ricky in a bad way....

Tonight is not going to be a boxing match IMO it is going to be a fight period!!
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Call me crazy but it seems like Hatton genuinly dislikes Floyd

I don't think so. I think Hatton realises this is his biggest challenge and I don't think he likes how Mayweather acts but he has respect for him. Which is why,straight after the fight,you're going to hear Mayweather,when he wins,say Hatton's a tough guy,a warrior and when Hatton is interviewed,he will say,the guy is P4P number etc and they will hug. I don't see any genuine animosity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    I don't think so. I think Hatton realises this is his biggest challenge and I don't think he likes how Mayweather acts but he has respect for him. Which is why,straight after the fight,you're going to hear Mayweather,when he wins,say Hatton's a tough guy,a warrior and when Hatton is interviewed,he will say,the guy is P4P number etc and they will hug. I don't see any genuine animosity.
    I could be wrong...I just never seen Hatton act like this...There are guys wo for one reason or another just genuinly dislike an opponent....Curious on peoples opp is all
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is kinda hard to separate pre fight hype and actual emotions with this one. I can't tell - I do think they've both gotten under the other's skin, though.

I think it'll be respectful after the fight, though. Both guys usually are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think either one likes the other, and I've been saying for a while that Floyd has a massive disdain for Hatton. I think it goes both ways now, as I believe Floyd did get under Hatton's skin finally. It may be Ricky's way of dealing with nervousnes that he is acting so different now, trying to intimidate Floyd. Floyd's not scared, and I don't think Ricky is so much scared of Floyd as he is nervous; this is huge for Hatton.
    It really is all opinion, as no one really knows what these people are feeling and thinking, but there are signs; depends on how someone reads them. I'll be glad when this is over, as I'm starting to hate them both for contributing to my ulcers It will be interesting to see how they treat each other after the fight. Both always seem to be very respectful after the fight.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not too many people seem to like Floyd. Loudmouth and abrasive personality doesn't make folks want to warm up to him much.

So I wouldn't be surprised if Hatton as well doesn't really like Floyd.

That doesn't mean that it's at a level where this is a personal grudge match with Hatton trying to get in a beat-down on Mayweather due to his dislike. Hatton is smart enough and experienced enough to know better than that.

If he wins, he will get a little extra satisfaction for putting Floyd in his place, if indeed he dislikes him - but during the fight none of this personal stuff will be in play for either of these professionals.

And after the fight they will have shared a unique experience, which creates its own bond however insubstantial otherwise. As stated earlier in this thread, they will both probably be the generous and respectful professional in the post-fight interview.

Can't wait ... hard to believe the day is here!

Thread Information