Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mike Tyson vs Muhammed ALI

It depends on the envirement when a fighter is not comfortable he wouldn't be the same fighter.

IF you take Lennox Lewis and place him in the early seventies (when the boxing world as much as it didn't want to revolved around Ali) and pit him against a prime Ali. Ali would beat him, mainly because he would beat him before the fight (Prime Ali vs. Prime Lewis) he would convince Lewis before the fight that he can't win. Lewis is more of an intellect than Foreman but the outcome wouldn't be much different Lewis would not have lasted the full 15 rounds. Tell me who's jab was effective on a pre-prime Ali (since most of his best years based on other careers he was banned from boxing. Lewis is Great and he would make an interesting fight for all of the greats ( Foreman would knock him out, no problem) . Take a prime Ali and bring him to the 90's (where everyboxer attempts to talk another fighter out of his fight before the fight) yeah Lewis probably would win.

Call me a daydreamer but thats how I see it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ROCKY MARSHMELLOW
    Quote Originally Posted by gyrokai
    I'd argue with you Rock, but I have to sleep.
    First person to come up with a valid way Ali would box Lewis and win gets £1000.Â

I think Ali's footwork would be the key factor,he would just be to fast on his feet for Lewis.Ali's footwork is a natural gift but it took Manny Steward to sort Lewis's out.
    Lewis footwork and balance used to be awful before Manny took over as trainner.

It would be a close fight tho but Ali would win on points.

Now send that £1000 pound down to South Wales soft lad.
    Balls

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am sick to death of these fools who think Tyson would have any chance against Ali or any other great fighter for that matter.

If tyson cant intimidate or scare a man before the first bell he is fucked,imagine the trick's Ali would play on Tyson in the run up to the fight.

He would be a gibbering mess even before the fight started.

A easy win for Ali against the most overrated fighter ever!
    Balls

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

carry on....quit after the 1st round. Foreman was scared of Ali, like he said. Lennox Lewis has a lot of self believe, I dont think you could ever talk him out of his chances or loosing a fight.

[attachment deleted by admin]
    5 foot 4 inches and 154 lbs of PURE MAN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lewis is nothing compared to tyson in tysons PRIME. Whose got more fame..Tyson- he is known to be the best boxer in the world. Say boxing to anybody and the first thing that comes into mind is Tyson because of what he has done. Lewis's knockouts are no were near as great as tysons..plus tyson has more and a lot of them were in the first round. so you cant say shit about tyson. i bet you all will say that people know him for the criminal activities he has done, but most people dont knwo him for that at all. Most people dont even know he did those kind of activities, they just know him for killing people in the ring and being fierce

El Kabong Guest

Tyson fought with the same style Patterson did and Ali destroyed Floyd....but then again Floyd didn't hit as hard as Tyson. It's hard to say who wins but Ali wouldn't scared of Tyson and if Ali could take shots from Foreman, Frazier, and Shavers he could probably take Tyson's. I think Tyson would have a problem with Ali because Ali is fast, he changes directions quickly and he gets his punches off first.

It would be a good fight though...hypothetically

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    Tyson fought with the same style Patterson did and Ali destroyed Floyd....but then again Floyd didn't hit as hard as Tyson. It's hard to say who wins but Ali wouldn't scared of Tyson and if Ali could take shots from Foreman, Frazier, and Shavers he could probably take Tyson's. I think Tyson would have a problem with Ali because Ali is fast, he changes directions quickly and he gets his punches off first.

It would be a good fight though...hypothetically
    Yes it would be. For the nice thoughts on Ali. Out of all those fighters Frazier and Foreman, Mike Tyson was faster than them.Â
    Though I think Ali is the greatest, I think Tyson had the possibility to take that title IF he kept learning. I've seen Marciano's old black and white fights and other great powerpunchers I mentioned, but NO Fighter had the "Acceleration" Mike did. From zero to PUNCH! I look at those fights and Mike was lightning fast when he was Kid Dynamite!  Another thing is that he had a great defense, bobbing and weaving. The only thing is he can be KO'd, even if it takes a barrage of punches to do it. And Mike does FRUSTRATE when he doesn't get the better of his fighter after awhile.

One more thing no one has mentioned.

ALI'S MIND GAMES
    At the conference, you thought Joe Frazier was mad when he called him Gorilla, Ugly, or Dumb? Â

Just wait till Ali would talk so much trash HE WOULD GET UNDER MIKE'S SKIN!!!

Mike would be running to the ring, MAD AS HELL, with no game plan, but to Knock ALI SILLY!!!  And we all know what happens to fighters who want to knock Ali out?Â

They go for Ali's elusive head or lose their focus and tire themselves out, as Ali uses his speed to counterpunch them all night long, and as they take the bait and Ali concentrates on his gameplan. In every round, Ali's going to be talking to Tyson to, saying, "They told me you could hit." or "Your punches are like pitty-pats Mike." etc.

Now Ali Fans, Coolclick me.Â

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Notice that says 67/97 (ali tyson poster).....1967 ALI would w/ out a doupt beat 97 Tyson AND 97 Holyfeild

the inexperienced 20-21 yr old ALI that was dropped by Henry Cooper would have lost to the 20-21 yr old Tyson that beat Mike Spinks & Holmes & Berbick.......This Tysonwould also may have MAYBE just MAYBE beat the '71 ALI that Lossed to Frazier

the ALI that beat Foreman would beat tyson anyday after the douglas loss & after FALSE RAPE CHARGE ...(douglas was very reminecent of an ALI that night using everybit of his 6'4 advantage of his 5'10 1/2 champion opponent)

THE ALI THAT CAME TO TAKE A CHAMPIONSHIP IN 1964 WOULD HAVE EITHER WON OR DIED TRYING TO KO THE YOUNG 20YR OLD UNDISPUTED CHAMP NAMED IRON MIKE .....ALI EMPHASIZING ON USING REACH AND SPEED I BELEIVE WOULD HAVE BEAT TYSON .....~my 2cents

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by means2184
    Notice that says 67/97 (ali tyson poster).....1967 ALI would w/ out a doupt beat 97 Tyson AND 97 Holyfeild

the inexperienced 20-21 yr old ALI that was dropped by Henry Cooper would have lost to the 20-21 yr old Tyson that beat Mike Spinks & Holmes & Berbick.......This Tysonwould also may have MAYBE just MAYBE beat the '71 ALI that Lossed to Frazier

the ALI that beat Foreman would beat tyson anyday after the douglas loss & after FALSE RAPE CHARGE ...(douglas was very reminecent of an ALI that night using everybit of his 6'4 advantage of his 5'10 1/2 champion opponent)

THE ALI THAT CAME TO TAKE A CHAMPIONSHIP IN 1964 WOULD HAVE EITHER WON OR DIED TRYING TO KO THE YOUNG 20YR OLD UNDISPUTED CHAMP NAMED IRON MIKE .....ALI EMPHASIZING ON USING REACH AND SPEED I BELEIVE WOULD HAVE BEAT TYSON .....~my 2cents
    Henry Cooper, Henry Cooper, blah blah blah!
    hahaha
    Thats' always brought up. Oh yeah?
    F*ckin' Henry Tillman!  F*ckin' Henry Tillman!  F*ckin' Henry Tillman! Â
    I'll bring that one up. Â Just in cas you didn't know in 84, that was Tyson's Daddy.

I'll give yah a coolclick anyhow, means for your 2 cents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by porkypara
    Quote Originally Posted by ROCKY MARSHMELLOW
    I'd argue with you Rock, but I have to sleep.
    First person to come up with a valid way Ali would box Lewis and win gets £1000.Â

I think Ali's footwork would be the key factor,he would just be to fast on his feet for Lewis.Ali's footwork is a natural gift but it took Manny Steward to sort Lewis's out.
    Lewis footwork and balance used to be awful before Manny took over as trainner.

It would be a close fight tho but Ali would win on points.

Now send that £1000 pound down to South Wales soft lad.

You are talking shit, Lewis's footwork was not that bad before he went with Manny, the thing that Manny sorted out was were his positioning is after he threw a punch !!

And so what if Manny sorted his footwork out, thats what trainers are paid to do.... and to say it weren't natural have you ever watched Lewis in the olympics he was shit hot then.

still no valid reason how Ali would be able to get out the way of the Jab and be able to keep out the way of the big bombs !! People mention Ali beat Frazier and Foreman, who the fuck are they to the likes of Lewis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ali is overrated, he cant beat the boxers of today, Roy would have done him in, Vitali would too and Lewis would have killed him, Tyson in the 80's would have KO'd him in 2. That is My truthful oppinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by means2184

Henry Cooper, Henry Cooper, blah blah blah!
    hahaha
    Thats' always brought up. Oh yeah?
    F*ckin' Henry Tillman!  F*ckin' Henry Tillman!  F*ckin' Henry Tillman! Â
    I'll bring that one up. Â Just in cas you didn't know in 84, that was Tyson's Daddy.

I'll give yah a coolclick anyhow, means for your 2 cents.

Henry Tillman beat Tyson in the ametuers on points .... then Tyson blew him out in 1 round as a pro, what the fuck have you been smoking !!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So Tyrell Biggs is Lewis's daddy because he beat him in the Olympics .. but then Lewis destroyed him as a pro. what the fuck is your point scroat boy !!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

^scroat boy? you mean scrotum? LMAO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ali2coolwitu
    Lewis is nothing compared to tyson in tysons PRIME. Whose got more fame..Tyson- he is known to be the best boxer in the world. Say boxing to anybody and the first thing that comes into mind is Tyson because of what he has done. Lewis's knockouts are no were near as great as tysons..plus tyson has more and a lot of them were in the first round. so you cant say s*** about tyson. i bet you all will say that people know him for the criminal activities he has done, but most people dont knwo him for that at all. Most people dont even know he did those kind of activities, they just know him for killing people in the ring and being fierce

Hey we are not talking about who is the most famous shit breath .... we are talking who would beat who in the ring !!

Thread Information