Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: From "classless" to FULL of class.. AND Vice Versa.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default From "classless" to FULL of class.. AND Vice Versa.

I don't know how many of you saw the Manfredo/Calzaghe disaster, but the US National Anthem was booed there also, and that was enough to set me off. I couldn't believe it.. and obviously, the same thing happened during the Mayweather fight, IN VEGAS..

Mayweather the seemingly classless fighter of the two.

Mayweather, as ALWAYS (even though people will not give him credit for it) was completely full of class in the ring, contrary to his alter ego outside of the ring. After the fight, he went up and hugged Ricky giving him credit for a good fight.. and during Merchant's interview Mayweather thanked the fans, and was classy with his comments.

Hatton the seemingly classy fighter of the two.

If there was a dirty fighter in the ring it was Hatton, hence the deduction of a point. His fans boo the US national anthem (I understand that it was not "all" of the fans, but REGARDLESS when you're watching it on TV which is the vast majority vs. the people who were there, those people REPRESENT the British crowd like it or not). During Merchant's interview with Hatton, he seemed PRETTY DAMN bitter in defeat.. He mentions that Mayweather is not the biggest puncher in the welterweight division, BUT that he was "better" at this weight than Hatton was. If Hatton moved up in weight and fought a big puncher, then i could say he was at a large disadvantage, but it was NOT Mayweathers power and extra weight that won the fight for him. If Floyd went to 140, the same would result. So Ricky really wouldn't give Mayweather full credit for the victory, which I think was quite bitter.

I know everyone is saying that Cortez was paid and all that bull.. You guys have to face it, regardless of what the scorecards WOULD HAVE BEEN, and regardless of the deduction of the point, Hatton WAS ABLE TO FIGHT HIS FIGHT. Mayweather beat him at his own game. How can Hatton fans complain about what was allowed to take place in the ring? If the fight came down to a decision, and if the ref wouldn't let Hatton hold whatsoever, then i could understand some complaints.. BUT that's not the case.. The better man won, and in my eyes, the roles of who was the classier fighter were completely reversed. After the booing of the Anthem and Hatton's interview i've lost a ton of interest and respect in him as a fighter.

Thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: From "classless" to FULL of class.. AND Vice Versa.

He seemed bitter in defeat? He just lost his first professional fight and gave Floyd props and even cracked a few jokes. Was he supposed to celebrate? Secondly, both fighter were fighting dirty. I dont know how you could argue otherwise. Another thing, It is not Hatton fault his fans booed the national anthem. Both guys acted classy, and both guys fought dirty.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Where does this shit come from, I don't get it? Hatton said indeed that Mayweather was not the hardest puncher he had ever faced, but he was extremely accurate which is what did the damage. He said that Mayweather had a great ability to make you miss. He said that Mayweather was much better on the inside than he expected. He also said that the better fighter won the fight.

As for the anthems, that was embarressing indeed, but please, don't make out that Mayweather's graciousness after the fight was enough to make up for what was said beforehand. Don't get me wrong, it was good to hear, but that guy would have so many fans if he didn't play up so much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom
    He seemed bitter in defeat? He just lost his first professional fight and gave Floyd props and even cracked a few jokes. Was he supposed to celebrate? Secondly, both fighter were fighting dirty. I dont know how you could argue otherwise. Another thing, It is not Hatton fault his fans booed the national anthem. Both guys acted classy, and both guys fought dirty.
    CC Hatton was in good spirits even smiling when Floyd talked to him,, He did not seem bitter at all, not even overly disapointed. He knew he did his best and though it was not good enough there was no shame in his loss...He even as you said cracked jokes....Most guys would not have even stuck around for the interview

Quote Originally Posted by hackey100
    Where does this S*** come from, I don't get it? Hatton said indeed that Mayweather was not the hardest puncher he had ever faced, but he was extremely accurate which is what did the damage. He said that Mayweather had a great ability to make you miss. He said that Mayweather was much better on the inside than he expected. He also said that the better fighter won the fight.

As for the anthems, that was embarressing indeed, but please, don't make out that Mayweather's graciousness after the fight was enough to make up for what was said beforehand. Don't get me wrong, it was good to hear, but that guy would have so many fans if he didn't play up so much.

CC and there is nothing wrong with that...In fact Floyd has never been known as a big puncher..all his KO's came from volume or precision punching...IMO Urango is a harder puncher then Floyd and as for P4P wise Tszyu was fearsome...at 140 Tszyu hit harder then Floyd without a doubt...

And you are right about Mayweather and having fans...PBF plays it up too much for the camera in the wrong way...If Floyd would just be the REAL Floyd and stop all this trying to portray the bad guy junk he would be a bigger draw then he is as the bad guy.....in fact he is not even really that convincing at it
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Where does this S*** come from, I don't get it? Hatton said indeed that Mayweather was not the hardest puncher he had ever faced, but he was extremely accurate which is what did the damage. He said that Mayweather had a great ability to make you miss. He said that Mayweather was much better on the inside than he expected. He also said that the better fighter won the fight.

Mayweather doesn't care about the fans.. he knows he has plenty.. If he cared, then he would've become a fan favorite years ago. He is the villain and that is his gimmick.. that's just how he is, so understand that he doesn't CARE if he gets booed.

Jermain Taylor lost his first fight this year.
    Mikkel Kessler lost his first fight this year.

Both of them gave props to Pavlik/Calzaghe, said they were the better man, etc. I did not get that from Ricky's interview. Don't bring up the fact that you jumped up a weight class in your interview. If you're going to mention it as to why you lost, then don't take the fight in the first place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I give up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by RP33

Mayweather doesn't care about the fans.. he knows he has plenty.. If he cared, then he would've become a fan favorite years ago. He is the villain and that is his gimmick.. that's just how he is, so understand that he doesn't CARE if he gets booed.

Both of them gave props to Pavlik/Calzaghe, said they were the better man, etc. I did not get that from Ricky's interview. Don't bring up the fact that you jumped up a weight class in your interview. If you're going to mention it as to why you lost, then don't take the fight in the first place.

Same goes for when Miranda and Taylor lost to Pavlik because they weren't at the right weight and weak; like you said, don't take the fight. And yes, Hatton shouldn't have even taken this fight, but he sure wanted it and he got what he got. He did seem uncharacteristically bitter, but that was his 1st loss, and he asked for it. Would have been bitterness had Floyd lost, cause' I can't see him being gracious in defeat. Of course he'll probably never lose so we'll never know
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd was extremely respectful in his postfight comments. In fact, I thought he almost went too far.

Hatton was respectful for the most part in this postfight scene, although he did make a point to sneak in little excuses about Floyd using his elbows, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well i do agree, hatton seemed to put more credit towards the weight then mayweathers skill. All he said about his skill was that he was tricky. Then mentioned the fouls which i thought was a bit hypocritical. He could of at least just said that mayweather was better on the night yet all he commented on was the weight. He wasnt disrespectful but there could of been more praising.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I didn't see the interview that way at all. I think he gave respect, bitter or disappointed he didn't show it much. To me he gave a breakdown of why he felt he lost which was dead on in my opinion. PBF was the stronger man, (which we knew going in) he wasn't the biggest puncher, (which we knew) and PBF fought rough on the inside (which some knew going in). I thought both guys were gracious and PBF usually is, but then screws it up shortly there after. He has come out of all his recent big fights looking good and then reverts to the wannabe thug Hopefully he will stay the normal human being and be as likable as he is talented. It's not a stretch, he could be like Michael Jordan if he wouldn't act like a fool.

As for my take on the fight. I think PBF got away with alot of blatant elbowing. Which was a big factor in him winning the fight so dominantly. People are saying Hatton wasn't punching when he got inside, that's because he was trying to get PBF's forearms and elbows out of his face. I think PBF would have won either way, and it was a fight and he outroughed Hatton. Just as Hatton roughed up KT to win his fight, PBF roughed up Hatton. The ref gets a "C" for his performance. I think he really missed it by not warning PBF more for using the elbows. The fight may have lasted another round or even went the distance if PBF wasn't able to use that tactic. Hatton kept it close for the first 6 rounds and gave a good showing making PBF fight and it made for an exciting fight. Overall it went pretty much how I expected. Hatton does have the style to beat PBF but couldn't execute. PBF showed a bit of a mean streak with his tactics and closed the show. Overall it was very entertaining and exciting.

This fight changed my opinion on how PBF would do in MMA. He's got some mean elbows and forearms to go along with the rest of his tools. I now think he could compete with the elite MMA fighters after learning some ground skills and takedown defense. He says he's bored with boxing. Want to talk about getting respect. That would get him serious respect. Make a cross sport champ showdown. I actually lean towards PBF winning now.
    Hidden Content

My favorite Boxer.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know how many of you saw the Manfredo/Calzaghe disaster, but the US National Anthem was booed there also, and that was enough to set me off. I couldn't believe it.. and obviously, the same thing happened during the Mayweather fight, IN VEGAS..

Mayweather the seemingly classless fighter of the two.

Mayweather, as ALWAYS (even though people will not give him credit for it) was completely full of class in the ring, contrary to his alter ego outside of the ring. After the fight, he went up and hugged Ricky giving him credit for a good fight.. and during Merchant's interview Mayweather thanked the fans, and was classy with his comments.

Hatton the seemingly classy fighter of the two.

If there was a dirty fighter in the ring it was Hatton, hence the deduction of a point. His fans boo the US national anthem (I understand that it was not "all" of the fans, but REGARDLESS when you're watching it on TV which is the vast majority vs. the people who were there, those people REPRESENT the British crowd like it or not). During Merchant's interview with Hatton, he seemed PRETTY DAMN bitter in defeat.. He mentions that Mayweather is not the biggest puncher in the welterweight division, BUT that he was "better" at this weight than Hatton was. If Hatton moved up in weight and fought a big puncher, then i could say he was at a large disadvantage, but it was NOT Mayweathers power and extra weight that won the fight for him. If Floyd went to 140, the same would result. So Ricky really wouldn't give Mayweather full credit for the victory, which I think was quite bitter.

I know everyone is saying that Cortez was paid and all that bull.. You guys have to face it, regardless of what the scorecards WOULD HAVE BEEN, and regardless of the deduction of the point, Hatton WAS ABLE TO FIGHT HIS FIGHT. Mayweather beat him at his own game. How can Hatton fans complain about what was allowed to take place in the ring? If the fight came down to a decision, and if the ref wouldn't let Hatton hold whatsoever, then i could understand some complaints.. BUT that's not the case.. The better man won, and in my eyes, the roles of who was the classier fighter were completely reversed. After the booing of the Anthem and Hatton's interview i've lost a ton of interest and respect in him as a fighter.

Thoughts?

I think you're a gimp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea
    Floyd was extremely respectful in his postfight comments. In fact, I thought he almost went too far.

Hatton was respectful for the most part in this postfight scene, although he did make a point to sneak in little excuses about Floyd using his elbows, etc.
    Yes and in the same sentence he said "I'm not going to complain about that...i'd have done it to him!"

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Snakey
    Well i do agree, hatton seemed to put more credit towards the weight then mayweathers skill. All he said about his skill was that he was tricky. Then mentioned the fouls which i thought was a bit hypocritical. He could of at least just said that mayweather was better on the night yet all he commented on was the weight. He wasnt disrespectful but there could of been more praising.
    yeh maybe he could have sucked his dick for him
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Thread Information