Who wins ??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Ike Quartey vs Felix Trinidad

Mouth watering fight. Why was'nt it made I'll never know...

I can see Quartey dominating the early rounds with his jab and Tito taking control in the latter rounds for a close UD. But I could be wrong. Quartey had the style to beat Tito but I'm not sure he had what it took to stand up to him till the end.

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Trinidad beats him and, I think, it could happen very early. Here's why.
    Quartey didn't take a punch especially well, as seen in the fight with Lopez. Every time he got hit he got hurt. Lopez was, and this ought to get me some flak, a bigger puncher than Trinidad, but Trinidad was much better at hitting guys more often. Ike had, probably still has, a real real bad problem with putting his weight onto his left leg when he jabs. Trinidad is real treal good at making guys pay for that, just see round 3 of his fight with Barnes or the first 20 seconds of the fight with Vargas, or his fight with Carr.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by greynotsoold
    Quartey didn't take a punch especially well, as seen in the fight with Lopez. Every time he got hit he got hurt. Lopez was, and this ought to get me some flak, a bigger puncher than Trinidad, but Trinidad was much better at hitting guys more often. Ike had, probably still has, a real real bad problem with putting his weight onto his left leg when he jabs. Trinidad is real treal good at making guys pay for that, just see round 3 of his fight with Barnes or the first 20 seconds of the fight with Vargas, or his fight with Carr.
    I appreciate that comment men, you know the real meaning of boxing,, no one can beat Tito specially at welterweight,, He's the best all time in WW and the same he will at 170/175 pounds and it begins with rjj getting too many cocotasos from Tito

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tito

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Nejo
    Quote Originally Posted by greynotsoold
    I appreciate that comment men, you know the real meaning of boxing,, no one can beat Tito specially at welterweight,, He's the best all time in WW and the same he will at 170/175 pounds and it begins with rjj getting too many cocotasos from Tito
    The best all time welter Trinidad was a fantastic fighter but the best of all time ?? NO
    A YOUNG Tommy Hearns BLOWS HIM AWAY INSIDE4
    as for this fight i wanted so much for it to happen when they were both unbeaten fighters and champions.
    i prefered Ike as a fighter back then but looking at wot they have done since , i would had to pick Felix by KO
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Thread Information