Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: roy jones P4P king who could have gave him problems?

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Re: roy jones P4P king who could have gave him problems?

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk
    No doubt, Sosa was a good fighter, big puncher, built weird too. Long, bow legged sucker. You see the stoppage loss to Jones? Sosa went ballistic, threw the ref off of him, pulled his hand back cocked, ready, to hit the ref for darin to stop it so early.

And Malinga got KTFO to the body by Roy, and Malinga beat Nigel Benn.
    Yea i remember that Jones hit him with about 16 punches along the ropes and ref stepped in and Sosa shoved the ref, his corner went mad as well, they said "WHAT THE F*** YOU STOPPING THE F****** FIGHT FOR"

But Sosa is the kind of guy that you would have to kill him, to stop him from finishing the fight so it was good call by the ref.

Malinga had two fights with Benn, a lot of people thought Malinga should of won 1st fight, so really and truthfully he could be 2-0 vs Benn. Malinga also gave Eubank a very tough argument. And Malinga while being 40+ totally out boxed Robin Reid, Robin Reid also gave Joe Calzaghe his hardest fight of his career. So Malinga was a solid fighter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by cjm2681
    ok lets break down you list of jones "compitition"

mccallum- was 40 yrs old and about 10 years past his prime.
    hill- was 34 and his prime was the late eighties.
    hopkins- didnt hit his prime yet.
    johnson- the biggest names on his record where all his losses. he did beat collins though so maybe he does have a little credibility.(but every fighter has one good fight in them)
    gonzalez- beat letterlough but thats it before the jones fight. he was still green.
    harding - ok harding was a good fighter but he had no punch and jones was quicker.
    griffin- the only guy he beat was a sluggish james toney.
    toney- lost like 12 pounds to make weight and came in with nothing.
    pazienza!!!!!!!!!!!!- im shocked you would even include him on you list since he was a washed up lightweight!
    tate- well tate beat noone of any real significance ever. lost to ottke twice.

start comparing them to hagler's opponents and let me know what you think.

put them in matchups against hagler's opponents and tell me who would win.

lets see i would of loved to see how montell griffin did against john mugabi or
    how tate would have have done against roldan lol

get real jones was the best of the nineties BUT THATS IT!
    Who did Marvin fight that was great in their natural weight class agian? Duran was a lightweight, Leonard hadn't foughten in 3 years and he was a welterweight, and he beat Hagler, Hearns was a welterweight as well. Half the guys he fought had good records, but they didn't do anything with their careers.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well to be fair both Leonard and Hearns went on to win tiles above MW teath and Hearns went all the was CW and won titles.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    Quote Originally Posted by cjm2681
    ok lets break down you list of jones "compitition"

mccallum- was 40 yrs old and about 10 years past his prime.
    hill- was 34 and his prime was the late eighties.
    hopkins- didnt hit his prime yet.
    johnson- the biggest names on his record where all his losses. he did beat collins though so maybe he does have a little credibility.(but every fighter has one good fight in them)
    gonzalez- beat letterlough but thats it before the jones fight. he was still green.
    harding - ok harding was a good fighter but he had no punch and jones was quicker.
    griffin- the only guy he beat was a sluggish james toney.
    toney- lost like 12 pounds to make weight and came in with nothing.
    pazienza!!!!!!!!!!!!- im shocked you would even include him on you list since he was a washed up lightweight!
    tate- well tate beat noone of any real significance ever. lost to ottke twice.

start comparing them to hagler's opponents and let me know what you think.

put them in matchups against hagler's opponents and tell me who would win.

lets see i would of loved to see how montell griffin did against john mugabi or
    how tate would have have done against roldan lol

get real jones was the best of the nineties BUT THATS IT!
    Who did Marvin fight that was great in their natural weight class agian? Duran was a lightweight, Leonard hadn't foughten in 3 years and he was a welterweight, and he beat Hagler, Hearns was a welterweight as well. Half the guys he fought had good records, but they didn't do anything with their careers.
    This question has been asked many times...Does he deserve to be an ATG if he never fought another great at the same class.
    However the last time I answered this question it was directed at B-Hop...

An I answered that question similarily to this reply to your post.

It's not WHO they beat, it's more the nature and HOW he beat them.
    Hagler was a dominant champion for 7 years. From when he beat Alan Minter (in his back yard) in 1980 until He met Leonard in 87, he was unrivalled, unmatched and virtually unbeatable. Hagler ruled the division with an Iron fist and beat everybody put in front of him.

The same debate has been raised about Roy Jones...Apart from toney and B-Hop he beat nobodies...
    Again it's not who he beat that made him great, it's how he beat then and the amount that he beat.

Thread Information