Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default How S*** is Felix Sturm?

Not really seen much of him but his record is terrible. I know many say he should have beaten Oscar but apart from that his record is pants.

Getting knocked by Castilejo was bad enough but his last fight was a draw with a fighter I had never even heard of.

What's worse Griffin had only two recognisable names on his record, James Obede Toney and Yusaf Mac and only got draws against both of them.

How is Sturm even a world champ? My guess is he will be knocked out if he ever attempts to unify with Abraham,

What are your thoughts guys?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How S*** is Felix Sturm?

I think nothing of him...He is a protected fighter that will stay clear of any dangerous opp if at all possible...

His biggest wins are over Hacine Cherif and Robert Frazier
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Many claim it's the bad decision that he got against Oscar has what messed him up mentally. Others say the decision + his moms passing...
    Who knows really, one things for sure the tools are there but I'm not so sure know if the tools work.

One thing also getting sparked out by 'El Lince' is nothing to be ashamed of. It seems that he's catching his second wind as his career is coming to the final stage. If you haven't seen, 'El Lince' just recently sparked out Carrera also.

I remember when Sturm & BCD where both Middles and up and coming Wacks and I used to have debates of how a potential match up would be. In his last fight against Griffith he gassed out, I read a report that said he was fortunate to get the draw as a win either way would have been OK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he aint shit and its a bit delusional to say he is..

Immortal Technique

ICB Guest

I don't think Sturm is that bad, he has a good jab and good skills. I don't know what happened to him in his last fight and it did frustrate me but i still think Sturm is a good fighter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hes the middleweight Dominick Guinn. He has the ingredients of a good fighter but nothing seems to come together right when it counts.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom
    Hes the middleweight Dominick Guinn. He has the ingredients of a good fighter but nothing seems to come together right when it counts.
    I'll give him some credit and say he's better than Dominic Guinn, Guinn won't ever get anywhere near a world title.

He's more Oleg Maskaev or Nikolay Valuev I'd say

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Daxx Kahn
    I think nothing of him...He is a protected fighter that will stay clear of any dangerous opp if at all possible...

Those aren't his biggest wins...their just the names that you recognize & to say that he is shit...well that just proves that you haven't seen enough of him.

Sure you can have that opinion...but don't lable those two as his biggest wins.

His vengeance against Castillejo was a great step for him. Then fights against Schenk, Velazko, Masoe, & Sendra were all great wins & good opposition. Those may not be names that you know...but, again, that doesn't make them or him shit.

Sturm's a good fighter...he's just has some ups & downs lately.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    I dunno man thats pretty harsh...I'd say Maskaev and Valuev are 2 fighters that have made the most of the little they have.
    Sturm strikes me as the opposite..he seems to have so much to offer (He made a fan out of me when he fought DLH..what a fuckin jab!) but it hasn't seemed to come together after the DLH robbery.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Strum seems contend to stay in Europe defending against mediocre opposition. And even than he's still struggling with them. Strum is a disappointing fighter. He has talent. But he lacks heart. Which is the reason he turned close to a million dollars a couple of years ago to faced Jermain Taylor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Althugz
    I dunno man thats pretty harsh...I'd say Maskaev and Valuev are 2 fighters that have made the most of the little they have.
    Sturm strikes me as the opposite..he seems to have so much to offer (He made a fan out of me when he fought DLH..what a F****** jab!) but it hasn't seemed to come together after the DLH robbery.
    you both may be right. Guinn doesnt have the tools of Sturm, that was a bad example. Valuev and Oleg are more basic fighters too. Sturm does have an excellent jab and doesnt seem to be lacking in any particular category, but he cant seem to fight well for all 12 rounds,maybe Zab is a better example though Sturm doesnt have skill quite at that level.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205

Those aren't his biggest wins...their just the names that you recognize & to say that he is S***...well that just proves that you haven't seen enough of him.

His vengeance against Castillejo was a great step for him. Then fights against Schenk, Velazko, Masoe, & Sendra were all great wins & good opposition. Those may not be names that you know...but, again, that doesn't make them or him S***.

Those names I mention were the best on his resume...and Yes Wacko I do kow who the others are and have seen all of them fight Thanks for the boxing 101 but I don't need it from you contrary to YOUR belief

As far as Castillejo...I don't care what you think was great step in vengence for him....Fact Of the Matter is he was TKO'd By Castillejo when Castillejo hadn't had a decent win in over 4yrs.....He won a decision in the rematch...So What is that supposed to be some pound for pound accomplishment?...Javier was what 39yrs old with more miles on him then a 57 Chevy....Sturm is what 27 or 28 in his prime?......So Yeah WACK HE SHOULD HAVE WON!!!.....AND I will label those his two biggest wins....

Do we want to discuss the resume of Schenk? His last 7 opponents before Sturm had a combined record of 98-86 one with a 7-14 one with a 9-14-2 another with a 0-7...shall I keep going about the quality of Berts comp?

out of Velazco's last 5 before Sturm one had a 7-1-2 record another 37-44-8 and another 36-31-6,, Maso had his best opp in Ashira before Sturm, the 4 before him were 0-3, 6-3, 0-3, 5-2-4

Lets see Sendra had a guy 30-20, 11-13 and I don't think we need to look at their opp even for the best opponents of the 4 you mentioned for Sturms best wins....

Keep trying to pass them off as good opponents Wacko....Good Wins save your preaching for someone who doesn't know better

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Those aren't his biggest wins...their just the names that you recognize & to say that he is S***...well that just proves that you haven't seen enough of him.

His vengeance against Castillejo was a great step for him. Then fights against Schenk, Velazko, Masoe, & Sendra were all great wins & good opposition. Those may not be names that you know...but, again, that doesn't make them or him S***.

Those names I mention were the best on his resume...and Yes Wacko I do kow who the others are and have seen all of them fight Thanks for the boxing 101 but I don't need it from you contrary to YOUR belief

As far as Castillejo...I don't care what you think was great step in vengence for him....Fact Of the Matter is he was TKO'd By Castillejo when Castillejo hadn't had a decent win in over 4yrs.....He won a decision in the rematch...So What is that supposed to be some pound for pound accomplishment?...Javier was what 39yrs old with more miles on him then a 57 Chevy....Sturm is what 27 or 28 in his prime?......So Yeah WACK HE SHOULD HAVE WON!!!.....AND I will label those his two biggest wins....

Do we want to discuss the resume of Schenk? His last 7 opponents before Sturm had a combined record of 98-86 one with a 7-14 one with a 9-14-2 another with a 0-7...shall I keep going about the quality of Berts comp?

out of Velazco's last 5 before Sturm one had a 7-1-2 record another 37-44-8 and another 36-31-6,, Maso had his best opp in Ashira before Sturm, the 4 before him were 0-3, 6-3, 0-3, 5-2-4

Lets see Sendra had a guy 30-20, 11-13 and I don't think we need to look at their opp even for the best opponents of the 4 you mentioned for Sturms best wins....

Keep trying to pass them off as good opponents Wacko....Good Wins save your preaching for someone who doesn't know better

lol Daxx having another one of his turns again. You're up and down more than JT Rock now.

Do Asian men get periods or something?

El Kabong Guest

I wouldn't worry about him coming stateside anytime soon.....Sturm had a decent fight vs De la Hoya but since then he has had very little success vs limited opponents.

I would love to see him mix it up with some good fighters at 160.....but I am afraid the closest we'll get to that is Sturm-Asikanen or Sturm-Sylvester and if we're lucky Sturm-Abraham

I would actually watch Sturm-Duddy or Sturm-Mora as those would be pretty even

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lol Daxx having another one of his turns again. You're up and down more than JT Rock now.

Has nothing to do with it Bilbo...Wacko is sitting there telling me I haven't seen so and so fight and I shopuld not label Cherif and Frazier his best wins....And he is going to name guys that have fought some of the owrst opp in the sport...then tell me I don't know what I am talking about and I haven't seen enough of Sturm to make a judgement....

I have seen plenty of Sturm and have seen all the guys he mentioned fight....even if I had not just the opp on paper alone shows they have not faced top caliber comp....How are you going to blast me then defend your arguement with those opponents? What because those are fights he looked best in?

Tel;l me I can have my opinion but don't label...I don't have to label facts

Lets see BHB called him S***, with no reason but just that he is S***, VD called him heartless and disappointing, Bom Boom called him a MW Guinn....and he is going to call me out because I said I thought nothing of him...I did not call Sturm S*** Wacko put those words in..look at my first post on the subject...All I said was I felt he was protected....Everyone else outright called him garbage......

And Wacko is going to call my post out...What because he is Wacko I am supposed to bow my head and appreciate what he tells me....And if your going to dis agree with my post fine you don't have to agree thats the whole point of debating...but don't start throwing in stuff I did not say

Thread Information