Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why is there still alot of Cotto bashing & hate????

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why is there still alot of Cotto bashing & hate????

I love Cotto and that slow speech almost makes him seem calculating nd cold. That game face he has is intimidating and ole' dude comes to fight. He is a great face for this sport, and I can't really see why anyone wouldn't like the guy. It's not like he sits out in the media and bashes every other fighter or acts like an a##. He is a fighter pure and simple, and it's refreshing IMO. If I could have one fight to choose next year, it would be Cotto/Margarito. A classic war, and one for the ages.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LEGION
    I love Cotto and that slow speech almost makes him seem calculating nd cold. That game face he has is intimidating and ole' dude comes to fight. He is a great face for this sport, and I can't really see why anyone wouldn't like the guy. It's not like he sits out in the media and bashes every other fighter or acts like an a##. He is a fighter pure and simple, and it's refreshing IMO. If I could have one fight to choose next year, it would be Cotto/Margarito. A classic war, and one for the ages.
    Did you see him during the pre-fight at PBF vs. Hatton.
    The shoed him sitting ringside as serious as if he was on trial for something.
    I turned to my friend and told 'em I bet hes thinking:
    "Le' me in the ring, I'll fight both tonight. I have my stuff in the car"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I for one like cotto but just don't think he can beat floyd. A fight between him and margarito to me would be much more exciting
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick

Yeah I saw him all in his suit and was thinking how out of place he looked wearing it. He seemed like he would rather be beating someone silly then dressed up for a show. It's funny people kind of joke about how he speaks English, but who cares? I personally would look like an idiot trying to speak Puerto Rican, and couldn't look 1/16th as cool trying to do it as he does speaking English. I understand him better than I did Hatton; hell I think I understand Puerto Rican better than I understand Ricky's English
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick

LMAO.....

Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah agreed with Mick.

Only difference was to me he looked like an executioner to the right hand of the judge observing a "whos's next" trial.

When the fight was completed he had the same expression kind of like "so be it...."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I actually find it strange when I see him smile! I'm used to that cold,calcuated look! Man,make Marg v Cotto happen,it would be one for the ages!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cotto is the typer fighter who can have an exciting fight with anybody...

Cotto Williams would be entertaining as a result of a polar clash of styles and Williams slim frame inviting the bodyshot.

Cotto Margarito would be a rough and tumble fightwith testosterone following as much as blood.

Cotto PBF....well I think Cotto may have the best chance as he throws a lot and is more solid on his feet than Rick.

Cotto Berto: Probably not as wanted as the others, but a fight i'd like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whilst I am not particularly a Cotto fan I do think he gets a lot of unfair press but can understand where some of it may come from.

Was hurt badly against Torres and Corley. For me he was weight drained and had no issues against Moseley.
    We won't fight the other top WW. He may not want to fight the other belt holders but he does want PBF. He also beat Moseley.
    He has not fought a top fighter in their prime. Moseley still had enough about him to beat a lot of the top WW today.

All in all these are all the same accusations that have been thrown at other unbeaten fighters, Hatton/ PBF etc and will always be the case.

Lets judge him after he hangs up the gloves or is fighting when he is like 46 and way past it.

Tip of the month: Protect yourselves at all times. You never know when the scheming bitch will come back for more.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    I actually find it strange when I see him smile! I'm used to that cold,calcuated look! Man,make Marg v Cotto happen,it would be one for the ages!
    Cotto looks like a Hitman

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny
    Cotto Berto: Probably not as wanted as the others, but a fight i'd like.
    If team Berto have any type of care for their fighter they'd steer clear of Cotto until later in Cottos career. Not now, he'd end up in the Pinto/Maussa category "a beat up prospect". I remember even when Berto was like 15-0 people here were already talking about him fighting Margarito & Cotto. Some people....

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

See what Berto does in the year or so you may be surprised i believe in the guy but i might be wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I remember when Tito was on his reign of destruction and the Island of Puerto Rico embraced him as their national hero, it was like he was the prince of the country. Years after the retirement he is looking at the way the Island has now embraced Cotto as the new national hero and he has gotten jealous and taken a useless fight against RJJ. PR is going to back Cotto just like they did Tito

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NorthSideX4
    Even tho Cotto keeps winning and beats everyone put in front of him, many of you still down him and trash talk the man! I've been a Cotto fan for a long time & he has done nothing but progress
    I love Cotto, but some of his rabid fans on here (one of them in particular) are so fucking annoying that it's no surprise that you hear people hating on him. It's the Royal/Kessler phenomenon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NorthSideX4
    Even tho Cotto keeps winning and beats everyone put in front of him, many of you still down him and trash talk the man! I've been a Cotto fan for a long time & he has done nothing but progress
    i give the fella top respect. Think he is a great fighter, just do not think he is at PBF level but that is just my opinion. Fo sho tho you wouldnt catch me slating him.

Thread Information