Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why is there still alot of Cotto bashing & hate????

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Why is there still alot of Cotto bashing & hate????

Even tho Cotto keeps winning and beats everyone put in front of him, many of you still down him and trash talk the man! I've been a Cotto fan for a long time & he has done nothing but progress

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why is there still alot of Cotto bashing & hate????

NSide, I'm sure you remember ROCKYMARSHMELLOW & Magnum those 2 used to be the biggest Cotto-Bashers on here back in 2004-05 when they were still around I remember going on for pages defending Cotto on occasion there was 2 or 3 fellow Cotto fans back then who would jump in and also stand up for Cotto. As with PBF, I've realized with Cotto that no matter how well they perform they will always be critizied. Cottos come a long way since when he 1st started and to see him evolve into what he has become today is something special man. I'm not a PBF as he's not my kind of fighter but I gotta respect him as a fighter and his skills. To see Cotto and say he's one dimensional, glass chin, too slow, over hyped, overrated etc. etc. etc. is silly.
    What I say is this, it's fine if your not a fan of his but come on to not see what he's accomplished since his career took off is dumb. The kids not the best boxer out there right now that title belongs to PBF today. But one point PBF wasn't the best boxer on the scene it was RJJ but little by little PBF got the opp. to show his skills. Cottos just trying to do the same, hes a fighter he's said it before.

(In his heavy PR accent)
    "I don't do much talking, I train and prepare myself and show up on fight night and go to work. That's my job, my job is not to say bad things about my opponents. I have nothing to say to them, I just want to get in the ring and fight" - Cotto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    NSide, I'm sure you remember ROCKYMARSHMELLOW & Magnum those 2 used to be the biggest Cotto-Bashers on here back in 2004-05 when they were still around I remember going on for pages defending Cotto on occasion there was 2 or 3 fellow Cotto fans back then who would jump in and also stand up for Cotto. As with PBF, I've realized with Cotto that no matter how well they perform they will always be critizied. Cottos come a long way since when he 1st started and to see him evolve into what he has become today is something special man. I'm not a PBF as he's not my kind of fighter but I gotta respect him as a fighter and his skills. To see Cotto and say he's one dimensional, glass chin, too slow, over hyped, overrated etc. etc. etc. is silly.
    What I say is this, it's fine if your not a fan of his but come on to not see what he's accomplished since his career took off is dumb. The kids not the best boxer out there right now that title belongs to PBF today. But one point PBF wasn't the best boxer on the scene it was RJJ but little by little PBF got the opp. to show his skills. Cottos just trying to do the same, hes a fighter he's said it before.

(In his heavy PR accent)
    "I don't do much talking, I train and prepare myself and show up on fight night and go to work. That's my job, my job is not to say bad things about my opponents. I have nothing to say to them, I just want to get in the ring and fight" - Cotto
    LOL pretty Robotic but you got to undersatand mic since we both speak spanish that the way he speaks spanish meaning what he really means to say it doesn't comes of like he wants it to be in english. In spanish he said things knid of more aggressive and leeting their oppoent things like if you are no ready i'm kikicng your but lol something like that
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cotto speaks Spanish?
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i prefer to watch fighters like Cotto fight for the excitement, action, entertainment value that he brings every single time he steps in the ring.

i even will be so bold as to say there has never really even been one single boring cotto fight that I can recall?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by boozeboxer
    Cotto speaks Spanish?
    great joke
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There does seem to be a certain degree of negativity surrounding Miguel Cotto on this forum.
    I feel that Miguel deserves the height of respect both for his efforts inside the ring and his gentlemenly (if somewhat reserved) demeanour outside the ropes. However I do feel that is where this negativity is being sourced. Inside the ring it is difficult to find fault. The stumbling wins against Torres and Corley are long forgotten and impressive victories have been racked up. However outside of the ring (outside of puerto Rico) he hasn't completely endeared himself to boxing fans. He is quite, reserved and soft spoken an I feel underestimated in terms of personality after I saw a training vid whee he toyed with a small kid in a boxing gym. When he speaks it's about business, nothing conversational. I don't fault him for it and with each impressive win I see the massses coming round. A great fighter, getting Greater I thinbk.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hmm it happened a lot to Ricky Hatton as well.

Every fighter gets bashed on at some point. Suppose everyone has different opinions how good certain fighters are.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im loving Cotto since we saw him beat Mosley..Impressed me.Cant wait to see him fight again.

"It wasn't the night of the jab"

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All top level fighters in the spotlight get bashed. Be it Mayweather, Hatton or even Cotto....they all get bashed for some reason or other. Not always justified but thats the way forums work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Puya

(In his heavy PR accent)
    LOL pretty Robotic but you got to undersatand mic since we both speak spanish that the way he speaks spanish meaning what he really means to say it doesn't comes of like he wants it to be in english. In spanish he said things knid of more aggressive and leeting their oppoent things like if you are no ready i'm kikicng your but lol something like that

Thats because he id determined to speak English well....I seen him in an interview where they were going to use a translator,,,,Cotto refused and stated he had been working very hard on his English and asked the interviewer to please be patient with him while he did his best to show what he had learned....Miguel is just determined not to sound illiterate when speaking English...so he tries so hard to pronounce everything clearly he sounds like a speak and say toy......Hats off to the guy for trying to learn a second language and wanting to do it well
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Daxx Kahn

(In his heavy PR accent)

Thats because he id determined to speak English well....I seen him in an interview where they were going to use a translator,,,,Cotto refused and stated he had been working very hard on his English and asked the interviewer to please be patient with him while he did his best to show what he had learned....Miguel is just determined not to sound illiterate when speaking English...so he tries so hard to pronounce everything clearly he sounds like a speak and say toy......Hats off to the guy for trying to learn a second language and wanting to do it well
    Daxx spot on.
    I think Cotto is great for the sport and this issue with him learning English is just a demonstration of the effort he puts in...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny
    Quote Originally Posted by Daxx Kahn

(In his heavy PR accent)

Daxx spot on.
    I think Cotto is great for the sport and this issue with him learning English is just a demonstration of the effort he puts in...

Cotto is without a doubt good for the sport.....Always performs at his best in the ring and always a gentlemen outside of it.....IMO Cotto has one downfall and it is his defense.....other then that he is one of the sports front runners.....I would have him as the top WW right now outside of Floyd.....In a year or two I think he will make 154 if he wants....

Cotto could surpass Tito in terms of achievement if he stays on track as Puerto Rico's best fighter in the last 25yrs.....
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes Daxx agreeing with all of that!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

(In his heavy PR accent)
    Oh! trust me Puya I know...
    I wasn't doing that to make fun of or bash Cotto. That's just the way he speaks.... I have several PR friends here on LA so I know that all to well. Matter a fact Sunday we are having lunch... They said "Arroz con pollo y abichuelas"

Thread Information