Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weight Training.

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Re: Weight Training.

Quote Originally Posted by Boxerharvey
    I find a good way to increase speed and strength is to shadow box with ankle weights on my wrists. I use them on my ankles too because im actually a kick boxer too so it builds up my kicks as well. I find it works on my guard good as well because when your arms get tired you really have to work to keep them up. When you take the weights off and do a few rounds you feel so much faster and keeping your guard up seems so much easier. I find curls are the best for building your biceps, high reps with a low weight if you want to tone but if you want to bulk up then do short reps with heavy weights.
    Thats exactly what i do as well great suggestion you can't go wrong with wrist weights, ankle weights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Cold Boxing
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxerharvey
    I find a good way to increase speed and strength is to shadow box with ankle weights on my wrists. I use them on my ankles too because im actually a kick boxer too so it builds up my kicks as well. I find it works on my guard good as well because when your arms get tired you really have to work to keep them up. When you take the weights off and do a few rounds you feel so much faster and keeping your guard up seems so much easier. I find curls are the best for building your biceps, high reps with a low weight if you want to tone but if you want to bulk up then do short reps with heavy weights.
    Thats exactly what i do as well great suggestion you can't go wrong with wrist weights, ankle weights.
    Actually you can,it wears down your joints after a while

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Have done pretty well with the weight training i was doing. Into the last month now so It's weight shedding time so no more weights.

Thread Information