Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Random Observations, comments and Theories.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Random Observations, comments and Theories.

Just some random musing's that don't deserve their own thread as such...

*Hatton's primary problem was that he did not throw enough punches. Perhaps weighed down by the situation he actually at times forgot to punch, his punch stats were half of what they once were! Will he recover this problem at LWW?
    (God i hope so!)

*Edner Cherry seemed to be at the receiving end of a Lacy/Calzaghe type drubbing against Wes Ferguson until a coup de grace came out of nowhere. Lacy has been applauded for his heart and courage yet he never attempted something like this, which leads me to ask...was his confidence destroyed BEFORE the Calzaghe fight? Also what is the common consensus on Cherry as he's been arund a while and still looked green.

*Miguel Cotto is underestimated as regards strategy. Shane Mosely had his defence described in the ring's build up as down to slick movement. When Shane went to defend Cotto backed off himself and Mosely then followed him. Thus negating Mosely's defence!!!

*Zab Judah at Light Middle a smart move? Other than Karmazin and the grossly inactive DLH there are very few at Light Middle making Headlines othe than past Zab victim Cory Spinks (and not many of his headlines are positive.) As Kassimm Ouma is planning to go to 147, does this leave the division wide open for Judah to take charge...Is there even a possability of fights with Wink and even Mayorga?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Random Observations, comments and Theories.

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny
    Just some random musing's that don't deserve their own thread as such...

*Hatton's primary problem was that he did not throw enough punches. Perhaps weighed down by the situation he actually at times forgot to punch, his punch stats were half of what they once were! Will he recover this problem at LWW?
    (God i hope so!)

*Edner Cherry seemed to be at the receiving end of a Lacy/Calzaghe type drubbing against Wes Ferguson until a coup de grace came out of nowhere. Lacy has been applauded for his heart and courage yet he never attempted something like this, which leads me to ask...was his confidence destroyed BEFORE the Calzaghe fight? Also what is the common consensus on Cherry as he's been arund a while and still looked green.

*Miguel Cotto is underestimated as regards strategy. Shane Mosely had his defence described in the ring's build up as down to slick movement. When Shane went to defend Cotto backed off himself and Mosely then followed him. Thus negating Mosely's defence!!!

*Zab Judah at Light Middle a smart move? Other than Karmazin and the grossly inactive DLH there are very few at Light Middle making Headlines othe than past Zab victim Cory Spinks (and not many of his headlines are positive.) As Kassimm Ouma is planning to go to 147, does this leave the division wide open for Judah to take charge...Is there even a possability of fights with Wink and even Mayorga?
    Be funny seeing how badly Zab's chin lets him down at 154.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My thinking was that there is noone at 154 to really test his chin...
    (Presuming that Margarito and Williams don't step up.)
    Karmazin is good, potentially a champ, but otherwise there are few threats around.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Also I have to admit that I was very impresse by Wes Ferguson on December 8th. In the aftermath It had slipped my mind, however I felt he showedd well rounded skills, developing Ring Generalship and good hands. His chin must be questioned however as when he was hit by th "Cherry bomb"it's not as if he was dazed or stunned he was Knocked OUT!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny
    My thinking was that there is noone at 154 to really test his chin...
    (Presuming that Margarito and Williams don't step up.)
    Karmazin is good, potentially a champ, but otherwise there are few threats around.
    light punching baldozar almost ko'd him at 147.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I no ono, but Baldomir himself was naturally a middleweight or even Supermiddles so he did have a good advantage in terms of size!

I don't think Zab ever had any problems making weight so I feel the only reason he moved up was the vacancy of the division and the potential wins?

Thread Information