Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Mayweather-The Marathon Man

It seems to me that Mayweather simply outlast all of his opponents over 12 rounds. His stratagy seem to keep the first 6 rounds even knowing his opponents waste so much energy in the first half of the fight that his supreme stamina will get him past the second half. It reminds me of the Marathons were everyone keeps pace with the African in the first half only to falter in the championship miles which is the last half. I believe it is because he keeps himself in Great shape all year round. Oscar , Judah, Hatton all fell victim to the same thing, fatigue in the second half of the fight. In order to beat him you must have an extreme punch or extreme wind over the entire fight. Not impossible but it wont be easy. Cotto has extreme power and Williams has extreme stamina. Williams seems better fitted to me. He looks like a super middle in a welter body with stamina.Get your wind up if you want to contend with THE CHAMP. ROAD WORK PEOPLE. 15 miles a day.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mayweather-The Marathon Man

15 miles a day is bullshit..you're training for a boxing match. Not to run a Marathon. Won't do you no good running for that long at a bullshit pace when you could be doing 3-4 miles faster. More suited to the intensity of boxing...or interval training.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Althugz
    15 miles a day is bullshit..you're training for a boxing match. Not to run a Marathon. Won't do you no good running for that long at a bullshit pace when you could be doing 3-4 miles faster. More suited to the intensity of boxing...or interval training.
    seriously when i ran cross country i could run for miles but i didnt have nearly as much muscle as i would like i had a hard time killing flies

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by uwey
    It seems to me that Mayweather simply outlast all of his opponents over 12 rounds. His stratagy seem to keep the first 6 rounds even knowing his opponents waste so much energy in the first half of the fight that his supreme stamina will get him past the second half. It reminds me of the Marathons were everyone keeps pace with the African in the first half only to falter in the championship miles which is the last half. I believe it is because he keeps himself in Great shape all year round. Oscar , Judah, Hatton all fell victim to the same thing, fatigue in the second half of the fight. In order to beat him you must have an extreme punch or extreme wind over the entire fight. Not impossible but it wont be easy. Cotto has extreme power and Williams has extreme stamina. Williams seems better fitted to me. He looks like a super middle in a welter body with stamina.Get your wind up if you want to contend with THE CHAMP. ROAD WORK PEOPLE. 15 miles a day.
    Its not that easy to avoid Ricky Hatton or ODLH to name 2 for 6 or so rounds while you bide your time waiting to strike.

I hate to say it but I think Mayweather is the best fighter since Sugar Ray Leonard.He might even be better.
    Balls

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by porkypara
    Quote Originally Posted by uwey
    Its not that easy to avoid Ricky Hatton or ODLH to name 2 for 6 or so rounds while you bide your time waiting to strike.

I hate to say it but I think Mayweather is the best fighter since Sugar Ray Leonard.He might even be better.

I think Pernell Whitaker, Ricardo Lopez, Roy Jones Jr, would have a say in that.

Thread Information