Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Boxing June 7th Plz Help

ive been training for boxing for a awhile now but i dont know if i m strong enouph yet but i have a match on the 7th of june so i was wandering on that night how many hours of sleep and what i should eat for breakfast

What should i do to get into better shape i have a 120 pound bag tell me some combinations i should do or spmething to strengthen my punching. thank you

Ps Does having strong forearms enable you to hit harder

Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Thank You
    Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Boxerjl

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Boxing June 7th Plz Help

Im sorry but is this a joke? fight approaching in just over 5 weeks, dont know what to eat, dont know how much sleep to get, not in the best of shapes, dont know how to hit a heavy bag and dont know any combinations. Also you dont feel ready.

Is anyone else completely perplexed by this?

[attachment deleted by admin]
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

well first off im 15 and this tournament is just for fun and like i said im 15 and i dont know that much about boxing like how much rest is needed and things i need to do.
    so maybe you should be nice.

And when did i say i dont know how to hit the bag a just asked for sum personal oppinions on what combinations to do
    thank you
    Â Â Â Â Â Â boxerjl

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think the point is if you are asking these kinds of questions AND you are scheduled to fight.....you probably shouldn't be fighting so soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Boxerjl.. only advice for you at this point is keep your hands up and protect your head and hope you dont get killed. cheers.

BTW... why do people always go way over there head.. get into fights, mess with too much weights, talk shit to guys twice as good as them.. and then afterwords realize they are screwed and try to ask for help?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by luke
    Boxerjl.. only advice for you at this point is keep your hands up and protect your head and hope you dont get killed. cheers.

BTW... why do people always go way over there head.. get into fights, mess with too much weights, talk s*** to guys twice as good as them.. and then afterwords realize they are screwed and try to ask for help?
    LOL

Macho?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis
    Im sorry but is this a joke? fight approaching in just over 5 weeks, dont know what to eat, dont know how much sleep to get, not in the best of shapes, dont know how to hit a heavy bag and dont know any combinations. Also you dont feel ready.

Is anyone else completely perplexed by this?
    i think you're being a bit hard on him, i mean, he said the tournament was just a bit of fun, who cares if he comes first, just so long as he tries his best, good luck boxerj

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thank You Scottswald

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah im quite surprised how some ppl have acted to first time boxers. I do agree with memphis though that if you dont know this shit by now then its probably not a good idea to fight so soon.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by scottswald

i think you're being a bit hard on him, i mean, he said the tournament was just a bit of fun, who cares if he comes first, just so long as he tries his best, good luck boxerj
    What tournement have you ever been involved in thats just a bit of fun?, remember this is boxing, the name of the game is to punch the other bloke in the face, do you think someone who wants help with the heavybag is ready for a competition? either this is a lie or this tournement is the kind that takes place on a patch of grass with the only equipement being two pairs of gloves. Your right about one thing thought, I dont care if he wins or loses, I do care if someone is going into something they arent prepared for though, that bothers me a great deal.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The person im going to be boxing is going to be the same size as me so i dont understand how i could get hurt because i deffanantly know they can hit as hard as my dad. and definantly cant hit as hard as any of the people i have boxed and im pretty good at dojjing
    Â Â Â Â Â so stop criticysing me if you dont even now me (so why dont you go pick on someone your own size)
    haha just kidding But stop being such an a$$.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Boxerjl
    The person im going to be boxing is going to be the same size as me so i dont understand how i could get hurt because i deffanantly know they can hit as hard as my dad or the other people i have boxed and im pretty good at dojjing
    Â Â Â Â Â so stop criticysing me if you dont even now me (so why dont you go pick on someone your own size)
    haha just kidding But stop being such an a$$.
    i use to think i was pretty good at dodging punches too, until i got in the ring, then buy the end of the 2 rounds of i decided it was time to keep my hands up. But good luck bro, im only worried about you getting in there, and getting your butt whooped, and then never boxing again....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah good luck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

YEAH I OWN THIS COMPETITION NO HELP TO ANY OF YOU BOXERS OUT THERE THAT WERE CRITICYZING ME.
    Thank You Scotswald and some of the others who gave me encouragment

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

how are your big forearms :

Thread Information