0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who Wasted There Year of 07

Maskaev did not waste his year....He knows how to stay champion

Cassamayor had managerial problems for a good part of the year
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joel - Wasted the better part of this year complaining about no one wanting to fight him. Instead of keeping busy and getting at least some rounds in the ring.

Williams - I can't stress it enough how bad of a job I think they did with Williams. After that huge win over Margarito the kid should have had a follow up fight to make his print even bigger.

Woods - He takes on Gonzalez yet again and has fought 1 time in one full year.

Collazo - All he had was the SSM fight I thought he'd try to bounce back from this and at least take on an easy fight.

Barrios - After the Guzman loss in 06, he took on an easy fight and got the TKO but that's about all he did in 07.

Hasegawa - He only fought once in 07, I thought for sure he would have done more then 1 defense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

pongsaklek wonjongkam for fighting bums in the beginning

then looking past naito (still haven't seen that fight) but still at least he's getting his rematch

chris john really needs to step up

felix sturm

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Headson
    felix sturm
    I was gonna list Sturm and then I remembered his mom's passing and felt that you really can't ask for much of someone when they've lost a close relative. In this case his mom.

He did fight 3 times also, but I can def. see why one would say he waisted this year.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would like to throw in Sergio Mora, he finally picked a decent opponent and had a poor outing. One fight since aug 06 and he drew with Ayala(lost IMO).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Casamayor....The end is near.
    Vic....Donaire turned out the lights and was umimpressive in his last outing
    Mundine....His eye isn't his only problem, a lack of brains is more the issue.
    Zab...again....see Mundine...lack of brains bit!
    Williams....The best kept secret in boxing! He beats Margarito and yet nobody still knows much about him. He should be in line for a shot at Cotto, PBF or Oscar but i doubt he will get any of those guys in 2008.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Petey Manfraudo. I don't know how much of his own time he wasted, but he sure wasted some of mine

Good call on Collazo Mick, and whoever said Sergio Bora
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    Joel - Wasted the better part of this year complaining about no one wanting to fight him. Instead of keeping busy and getting at least some rounds in the ring.

Williams - I can't stress it enough how bad of a job I think they did with Williams. After that huge win over Margarito the kid should have had a follow up fight to make his print even bigger.

HE'S BEEN RUNNING FROM ANOTHER GLEN JOHNSON FIGHT.

Collazo - All he had was the SSM fight I thought he'd try to bounce back from this and at least take on an easy fight.

HURT HIS HAND IN THE SSM FIGHT. PROBABLY LETTING IT HEAL PROPERLY FOR '08.

Barrios - After the Guzman loss in 06, he took on an easy fight and got the TKO but that's about all he did in 07.

GOT PULLED FROM THE EQUATION BECAUSE OF A DETACHED RETINA. NO TELLING IF HE IS COMING BACK.

Hasegawa - He only fought once in 07, I thought for sure he would have done more then 1 defense.
    CC FOR THE PICKS ALONG WITH MORA. HE REALLY GOT COMFY WITH THE $1MIL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with all your picks except Williams. He may have only fought once this year - and he certainly wasted the second half of the year - but he did use 2007 to step up from 'unknown quantity' to 'world champ and arguably the most avoided fighter in boxing'. In other words he is imo in a completely different category by this new year than he was by last new year.

As other people said then John, Mora and Maskaev are good shout outs for this category. Samuel Peter is for me as well, having done little noteworthy since beating Toney in early January. To some extinct Wlad Klitschko could be mentioned also. Antonio Tarver? Zsolt Erdei? I know people disagree on this one, but Carl Froch? Denis Inkin? Winky? Dzindiruk?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For me it's definitely O'Neil Bell.

He went from being the undisputed cruiserweight champ to losing a thriller in the rematch to Mormeck, a fight that was my own favourite fight of the year.

All the ingredients were there for a thrilling third fight and one of the best trilogies ever but Bell just plain vanished.

He had the 'hammer' incident where he chased a sparring partner through the woods and tried to kill him and then just plain disappeared of the face of the earth.

At least Williams, Mora, Maskaev etc still get talked about I don't think I've ever seen a single post about O'Neil Bell in the past 6 months.

He's the best crusiser in the world as far as I'm concerned and could have had some crazy matchups this year with a Mormeck trilogy capper, a fight with Haye, Cunningham, Maccerinelli etc but he's done a Lord Lucan and vanished.

No wonder they call him supernova it appears he's been swallowed up by one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For me Chad Dawson has wasted his year!

Won a good fight to become the WBC Title Holder and beating a good Adamek. He then had opportunities to make good fights against Johnson, Woods, Tarver etc... but instead fought 2 below-average3 fighters in Ruiz and Mendoza.

I think he could've used 2007 to make a bigger platform for himself. We'll see how he does about Johnson in 2008. I do rate the guy tho!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LEGION
    Petey Manfraudo. I don't know how much of his own time he wasted, but he sure wasted some of mine

Good call on Collazo Mick, and whoever said Sergio Bora

LOL CC#336....wasted your time.....
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lou collazo broke his hand early in the sugar shane fight and spent a fair while recovering from that..

He then had trouble in a late year rush trying to find a card to fight on..

But better than nothing he has a fight early next year on the trinidad - Jones undercard
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chris John, Edwin Valero maybe. Winky took the year off and only had one sloppy showing, but his career is almost over imo.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Thread Information