0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Wind - My First Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Cold Boxing
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wind
    Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205

Quote Originally Posted by Rican
    My question to you is: How do you pronounce the name? Is it "wind" as in "run like the wind," or "wind" as in "wind-up"?
    It's "The Wind" like the one "that sweaps someone from within under their feet"
    That's very romantic. Our resident "GAY" CuteMick will love that. He's been dying for someone new to sweep him off of his feet.

or like you say "run like the wind,"
    Which is what I would expect you to do when our resident "GAY" CuteMick comes calling for you to sweep him off of his feet...run like the gotdam wind, Wind.

Oh CuteMick's G-A-Y alright...ask him why he's called "BELTNECK" around here. He'll love that.

A very useful insight about other members, I have nothing against Gay's but I'm strictly a ladies man.

Some good fighters being mentioned on your lists, all the usual greats that be mentioned, I'm surprised not to see Hagler on more of your lists?

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Cold Boxing
    These are from fighters i've seen.

1 Sugar Ray Robinson
    2 Henry Armstrong
    3 Muhammad Ali
    4 Joe Louis
    5 Roberto Duran
    6 Julio Cesar Chavez
    7 Pernell Whitaker
    8 Sugar Ray Leonard
    9 Archie Moore
    10 Carlos Monzon

Heres my other list based on just accomplishments, some of these fighters i have hardly seen.

1 Sugar Ray Robinson
    2 Henry Armstrong
    3 Willie Pep
    4 Muhammad Ali
    5 Harry Greb
    6 Joe Louis
    7 Roberto Duran
    8 Benny Leonard
    9 Jimmy Wilde
    10 Sam Langford

Top 10 Hardest Hitters Not In Order

Julian Jackson
    George Foreman
    Earnie Shavers
    Wilfredo Gomez
    Thomas Hearns
    Rocky Marciano
    Jimmy Wilde
    Archie Moore
    Sandy Saddler
    Mike Tyson

Top 10 Most Skillful Fighters Not In Order

Roy Jones Jr
    Pernell Whitaker
    Ricardo Lopez
    Floyd Mayweather Jr
    Sugar Ray Robinson
    Sugar Ray Leonard
    Alexis Arguello
    Salvador Sanchez
    Shane Mosley
    Muhammad Ali

This list was based on fighters where i have seen plenty of footage of them.

Top 10 Most Exciting Fighters

Aaron Pryor
    Bobby Chacon
    Arturo Gatti
    Julian Jackson
    Thomas Hearns
    Humberto Gonzalez
    Danny "Little Red" Lopez
    Jeff Fenech
    Terry Norris
    Nigel Benn.

Cheers for the exra effort on you lists.

I personaly would have included Duran in the the Most Skilled, Exciting fighters and Hardest highters list.

I think it's alarming how Duran isn't given credit for his Defensive skills, and in terms of general skill again he's up there, cutting the ring off, slipping punches and of course with ref to Hardest Hitters he has plenty of KO's. just a thought.

What's with the Sad Click? not sure who that was but can't say I deserve that, please expalin yourself.
    A very useful insight about other members, I have nothing against Gay's but I'm strictly a ladies man.
    He is joking bro Mick has a girlfriend, Wacko is married, and i not long ago got engaged to my girlfriend who i have been with since High school.

I personaly would have included Duran in the the Most Skilled, Exciting fighters and Hardest highters list.

Depends what you look for in skills me personally i like slick boxers like Mayweather, Whitaker, or precise punchers like Arguello.

Not sure about Duran being in the most exciting fighters if all time list, even though he is up there the fighters i mentioned may of not been as good as Duran. But they were more exciting IMO. guys like Chacon, Norris, were always in wars very entertaining to watch.

As for Hardest hitters list a case could be made for Duran at Lightweight, but most of the fighters i mentioned could spark someone out with 1 punch, with Duran i feel he used to wear guys down with barrage of punches.

think it's alarming how Duran isn't given credit for his Defensive skills, and in terms of general skill again he's up there, cutting the ring off, slipping punches and of course with ref to Hardest Hitters he has plenty of KO's. just a thought.

What's with the Sad Click? not sure who that was but can't say I deserve that, please expalin yourself.
    I give Duran plenty of credit for his defensive skills, he is one of the best defensive fighters of all time at coming forward. Not many boxers who are aggressive as Duran are so good on defense.

A sad click is given when someone don't agree with your post or they just do it for the hell of it. You can only give out 1 Sadclick or Coolclick every 24 hours, i did not give you a Sadclick i gave you a Coolclick earlier.
    Thanks to you all for the Cool Clicks and when I'm in a position to give you CC's back I will.

Ice Cold Boxing I didn't mean you who gave me a Sad Click, I don't know who it was, maybe someone who didn't agree with me becoming a new member?

I think Arguello was very skillful, I think his Jab and the accuracy of his Jab was very good but there was alot more to him than just his Jab.

Duran at Lightweight did have a alot of early KO's, Rounds 1 and 2 etc and as he moved up in weight he naturally could only take some of the power with him. Yes Duran is one of my all time favourite fighters, still to this day I'm amazed that (a natural lightweight) ( and aged 37) could put someone like Barkley down.

By the way congratulations on your engagement, I'm married aswell, Good Luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah, don't worry too much about the Sad Clicks, as you will get them for just breathing too loud sometimes Have a CC on me, as I forgot to do it last night. And IceColdBoxing is a veritable freakin' library on this sport. I couldn't imagine him not being here. Hopefully his fiance will let him come play on Saddo's every now and then. A stand up dude is ICB

By the way, I'm the resident retard, so just ignore me like most everyone else does
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It would be good if we could see who gave us SC's and there reason. But Wind, LEGION is right, you will get them for nothing. In fact, i will get around 10 sad clicks for this post.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its Bilbo, he doesnt want anyone to beat his CC to SC ratio

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by No Contest
    Its Bilbo, he doesnt want anyone to beat his CC to SC ratio
    You're probably right, it must have been BubbleBoyBilbo They say the empty can rattles the most
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Thread Information