Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: <---Juan Manuel Lopez vs. Bernabe Concepcion->Feb. 9th "Battle of the Prospects"

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default <---Juan Manuel Lopez vs. Bernabe Concepcion->Feb. 9th "Battle of the Prospects"

I was going through some prospects records and looking at their oppositions and fights. When I came to Juan Manuel Lopez record I saw that hes lined up to fight the very talked about Philipino prospect Bernabe Concepcion.

Juanma is 20-0 with 18 ko's and Bernabe is 23-1-1 with 13 ko's. Both solid prospects both very talked about and IMO equally matched.
    Young athletic, good hand speed and have show skills.

Thoughts

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: <---Juan Manuel Lopez vs. Bernabe Concepcion->Feb. 9th "Battle of the Prospects"

I seen Concepcion fight a couple of times. And he's not a bad fighter. He's a good prospect. But I think Lopez is better. Lopez by mid round stoppage

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: <---Juan Manuel Lopez vs. Bernabe Concepcion->Feb. 9th "Battle of the Prospects"

from an article on fightnews it sounds like his next fight is against Jonathan Oquendo, they don't mention anything about Concepcion but it does say on boxrec that he's fighting Concepcion then Oquendo.

Thing is they have the Oquendo fight exactly two weeks after the Concepcion fight so I would assume that Concepcion's been scrapped and he's just fighting Oquendo who's 14-1 9KO's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan
    from an article on fightnews it sounds like his next fight is against Jonathan Oquendo, they don't mention anything about Concepcion but it does say on boxrec that he's fighting Concepcion then Oquendo.

Thing is they have the Oquendo fight exactly two weeks after the Concepcion fight so I would assume that Concepcion's been scrapped and he's just fighting Oquendo who's 14-1 9KO's.
    I was about to write the same OumaFan. Either way, both fights are a step up in competition for Juanma. I need to see more of Juanma against top prospects/competition before I throw him in the ring with Marquez, Vazquez, and de Leon. I personally think he has the ability to defeat those guys, but maybe not the experience quite yet. The fact that the fight with Oquendo and Juanma is two Ricans going at it makes it even more exciting for us Ricans here and on the island!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: <---Juan Manuel Lopez vs. Bernabe Concepcion->Feb. 9th "Battle of the Prospe

Yeah I agree with that although I'd like to see the Juanma v Concepcion.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Either fight is good for me.

I've seen Oquendo on GBP: Boxeo De Oro he looked decent.
    Anyone know if he's related to Fres Oquendo the Heavyweight?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: <---Juan Manuel Lopez vs. Bernabe Concepcion->Feb. 9th "Battle of the Prospe

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    I seen Concepcion fight a couple of times. And he's not a bad fighter. He's a good prospect. But I think Lopez is better. Lopez by mid round stoppage
    seems lopez's handlers doesn't share your confidence cos they just backed out of this fight for no apparent reason.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't even know that much about Concepcion. Is he a pressure fighter, boxer-puncher, what?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't even know that much about Concepcion. Is he a pressure fighter, boxer-puncher, what?
    Here you go Ouma judge for yourself.

Rd. 4 vs. Elizondo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pjsh4JFy0LU

Rd. 9 vs. Garcia
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NvXi1FV0Kg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I want to see Lopez with Ponce de LEon

Is it too fast for Lopez?
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Puya

I would say yes, it's too much too soon for Lopez to face someone who's World Class like PDL.
    You gotta give the kid time to develope his time will come it's just not now. IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    Quote Originally Posted by Puya

I would say yes, it's too much too soon for Lopez to face someone who's World Class like PDL.
    You gotta give the kid time to develope his time will come it's just not now. IMO.
    Lopez has the skills to defeat any of the 122 pounders RIGHT NOW. However, let him make some noise first against young, top competition like Oquendo and Concepcion.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe I underrate Ponce cause I can't stand him as a fighter but Lopez shouldn't be that far away. A couple fights, step up a little more and then go for it.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe I underrate Ponce cause I can't stand him as a fighter but Lopez shouldn't be that far away. A couple fights, step up a little more and then go for it.
    I don't think you underrate PDL I mean all you have to do is see him fight for a minute to know the guys boxing skills are limited.
    His style is by far one of the most ackward I've seen theres no fundementals there no standard combos or anything like that.
    It's all just range finding jab and then hammer down style right lunging body shot to the stomach followed by a VEEEERY wide hook.

But he must be doing something right it's worked for him this far. If you see the Caballero fight he was tagging Caballero early on and then Caballero caught his 2nd win and just out boxed PDL. I wann see that rematch and I hope it happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    I don't think you underrate PDL I mean all you have to do is see him fight for a minute to know the guys boxing skills are limited.
    His style is by far one of the most ackward I've seen theres no fundementals there no standard combos or anything like that.
    It's all just range finding jab and then hammer down style right lunging body shot to the stomach followed by a VEEEERY wide hook.

But he must be doing something right it's worked for him this far. If you see the Caballero fight he was tagging Caballero early on and then Caballero caught his 2nd win and just out boxed PDL. I wann see that rematch and I hope it happens.
    That's why I think Juanma can fight Ponce soon because not only does he have good boxing skills, but Juanma also has the power to lay out Ponce.

Thread Information