Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 10 Current Mexican Fighters Plus Top 10 Best Mexicans Fighters Of All Time

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Top 10 Current Mexican Fighters Plus Top 10 Best Mexicans Fighters Of All Time

Current

1 Juan Manuel Marquez
    2 Israel Vasquez
    3 Rafael Marquez
    4 Juan Diaz
    5 Cristian Mijares
    6 Ulises Solis
    7 Daniel Ponce De Leon
    8 Fernando Montiel
    9 Robert Guerrero
    10 Antonio Margarito

Past

1 Julio Cesar Chavez
    2 Ruben Olivares
    3 Ricardo Lopez
    4 Salvador Sanchez
    5 Miguel Canto
    6 Erik Morales
    7 Marco Antonio Barrera
    8 Vicente Saldivar
    9 Carlos Zarate
    10 Kid Azteca

Probably bad lists but i tried my best just never been great with lists.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Top 10 Current Mexican Fighters Plus Top 10 Best Mexicans Fighters Of All Time

In my opinion the best Mexican fighter is Barrera over the last couple of weeks I have watched lots of his fights and there is just something about the guy he is awsome.Clever boxer with decent ounch and fast.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Top 10 Current Mexican Fighters Plus Top 10 Best Mexicans Fighters Of All Time

Diaz and Guerrero technically wouldn't be on the list, both born in America.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

JMM
    Israel
    Rafa
    Solis
    Mijares
    PDL
    Montiel
    Cazares
    Margarito

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan
    Diaz and Guerrero technically wouldn't be on the list, both born in America.
    Don't even bother Ouma, ICB feels that since they are of Mexican descent it is enough to consider them Mexican or so he considers them Mexican.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Born in the USA but still as Mexican as a bean. I was born in the USA as well but that doesn't take away the fact that I AM MEXICAN. Sure, the papers say my nationality is USA blah blah blah but if you see me, if you ask me, I am Mexican. Same thing for De La Hoya, Diaz, etc.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Chino
    Born in the USA but still as Mexican as a bean. I was born in the USA as well but that doesn't take away the fact that I AM MEXICAN. Sure, the papers say my nationality is USA blah blah blah but if you see me, if you ask me, I am Mexican. Same thing for De La Hoya, Diaz, etc.
    Oh! believe me Chino I got you and I know what you mean.
    But If I'm making a list of the best Italian fighters because Joe is of Italian descent does that mean I can list him there?
    No cause he's British and he was born in Britain.
    Kostya for example was born in Russia but he is a nationalized Australian therefor hes listed amongst the best Australian fighters.

I was born in the US but was partially raised in Mexico and lived there for about 5 years. Then I was kicked out of school when they found out I was born in the US. I love Mexico and both of my parents are from Mexico and sometimes I do feel Mexican but I am not. To feel Mexican is one thing but the books say you are American and so Am I.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1. JCC
    2. 'Finito' Lopez
    3. Olivares
    4. Sanchez
    5. Roman
    6. Canto
    7. Erik
    8. Saldivar
    9. MAB
    10. 'Chiquita' (Vastly overlooked in the All-Times lists)

Honors: JMM, Zaragoza, Zarate, Efren, Pintor, Medina, 'Santa Tokyo', 'Cobrita', Arce, Zurita, Kid Azteca, Rafa, Herrera, Montiel.

ICB Guest

Default Re: Top 10 Current Mexican Fighters Plus Top 10 Best Mexicans Fighters Of All Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Chino
    Yep spot on CC.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That doesn't make any sense though as far as where you rate them though.

If there not born in Mexico, and I'm pretty sure Guerrero has never even lived there at all either-Diaz at least has fought there some-then rating them as being Mexican makes no sense technically. If Diaz' son turns out to be a great fighter would he be one of the greatest Mexican fighters ever too?

Not a big deal just kind of strange reasoning to me, either way ODLH would have to be on the list then right? Surely he's a better fighter than Guerrero.

ICB Guest

Default Re: Top 10 Current Mexican Fighters Plus Top 10 Best Mexicans Fighters Of All Ti

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan
    That doesn't make any sense though as far as where you rate them though.

If there not born in Mexico, and I'm pretty sure Guerrero has never even lived there at all either-Diaz at least has fought there some-then rating them as being Mexican makes no sense technically. If Diaz' son turns out to be a great fighter would he be one of the greatest Mexican fighters ever too?

Not a big deal just kind of strange reasoning to me, either way ODLH would have to be on the list then right? Surely he's a better fighter than Guerrero.
    Oscar De La Hoya hasn't done anything in years he is a part time boxer. Look i don't know all the history of where all the boxers are born or whatever. All i know is that there Mexican. I couldn't careless where they were born there still Mexican.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    1. JCC
    2. 'Finito' Lopez
    3. Olivares
    4. Sanchez
    5. Roman
    6. Canto
    7. Erik
    8. Saldivar
    9. MAB

Honors: JMM, Zaragoza, Zarate, Efren, Pintor, Medina, 'Santa Tokyo', 'Cobrita', Arce, Zurita, Kid Azteca, Rafa, Herrera, Montiel.
    Honors for Montiel, but not Gonzalez? Surely his wins over Johnson, Sor Vorapin, Montiel count for something, his only recent losses
    are to Vazquez (knocked down Israel twice) and Penalosa (he just got caught) Who else has knocked down Israel?
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep
    Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    1. JCC
    2. 'Finito' Lopez
    3. Olivares
    4. Sanchez
    5. Roman
    6. Canto
    7. Erik
    8. Saldivar
    9. MAB

Honors for Montiel, but not Gonzalez? Surely his wins over Johnson, Sor Vorapin, Montiel count for something, his only recent losses
    are to Vazquez (knocked down Israel twice) and Penalosa (he just got caught) Who else has knocked down Israel?
    Oscar Larios

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Cold Boxing
    Look i don't know all the history of where all the boxers are born or whatever.
    If your gonna do a list of Jamaican fighters shouldn't you know if they were born there or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Cold Boxing
    All i know is that there Mexican. I couldn't careless where they were born there still Mexican.
    ICB, I'm gonna be honest with you about something here this is one of the most absurd and ridiculous parts of a post I have ever seen and I've seen some ridiculous ones.

"All I know is that there Mexican"
    Juan Diaz was born in Texas that's in the United States of America that by law makes him American unless he nationalizes himself by another country.

"I couldn't careless where they are born they are still Mexican"
    Well you have to care where they are born cause your listing 'Mexican Fighters' in order for them to be on the list they need to have been born in Mexico. THEY WERE BORN IN THE U.S. and THEIR PARENTS WERE BORN IN MEXICO. I'm starting to think I must be typing in Japanese here or something.
    Can somebody confirm or deny this for me?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1 Rafael Marquez
    2 Juan Manuel Marquez
    3 Israel Vasquez
    4 Ulises Solis
    5 Cristian Mijares
    6 Fernando Montiel
    7 Daniel Ponce De Leon
    8 Jhonny Gonzalez
    9 Omar Salado
    10 Antonio Margarito

Thread Information