Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Matthew Saad Muhammad vs Yaqui Lopez 2 Amazing Fight.

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Matthew Saad Muhammad vs Yaqui Lopez 2 Amazing Fight.

My Grandad had this fight recorded on VHS, i hadn't seen this since i was little kid. So i thought i would pull it out again and watch it again. Wow it was even better than i remembered, Lopez was controlling the fight for 7 rounds. Then come the amazing 8th round where Lopez hit Muhammad with about 20 flush shots in a row. Then Muhammad comes back and starts to hammer Lopez that was quite an incredible round. I also think that was the turning point in the fight, because Muhammad controlled the fight after that then started to give Lopez a beating. If anyone hasn't seen this fight then you are missing out big time, and also Muhammad's life was quite tragic his mother died, so his Aunt and big brother looked after him i believe. But his Aunt couldn't afford to look after both so Muhammad's big brother took him outside and run away from him, leaving him in the middle of nowhere. Muhammad was then found by Police and was took in by Catholic Social Services. Where he was raised and plus they also changed his name to Matthew Franklin, quite an incredible life story.

I also think its a crime how his 1st fight with Marvin Johnson didn't get Fight Of The Year, Young vs Foreman did which was mostly a boring tactical affair, where as Johnson vs Muhammad was a brutal slugfest from start to finish with a dramatic ending. Sorry if i went on a bit but i just thought i would tell you a little bit of history about one of the most exciting fighters of all time, Matthew Saad Muhammad.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Matthew Saad Muhammad vs Yaqui Lopez 2 Amazing Fight.

Matthew Saad Muhammad was like a LH Arturo Gatti. I have not seen this fight, but I have seen the Johnson one and the Qawi one countless times. He was a warrior of the highest degree. Ya gotta love the guy and his wild left hooks.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Cold Boxing
    My Grandad had this fight recorded on VHS, i hadn't seen this since i was little kid. So i thought i would pull it out again and watch it again. Wow it was even better than i remembered, Lopez was controlling the fight for 7 rounds. Then come the amazing 8th round where Lopez hit Muhammad with about 20 flush shots in a row. Then Muhammad comes back and starts to hammer Lopez that was quite an incredible round. I also think that was the turning point in the fight, because Muhammad controlled the fight after that then started to give Lopez a beating. If anyone hasn't seen this fight then you are missing out big time, and also Muhammad's life was quite tragic his mother died, so his Aunt and big brother looked after him i believe. But his Aunt couldn't afford to look after both so Muhammad's big brother took him outside and run away from him, leaving him in the middle of nowhere. Muhammad was then found by Police and was took in by Catholic Social Services. Where he was raised and plus they also changed his name to Matthew Franklin, quite an incredible life story.

I also think its a crime how his 1st fight with Marvin Johnson didn't get Fight Of The Year, Young vs Foreman did which was mostly a boring tactical affair, where as Johnson vs Muhammad was a brutal slugfest from start to finish with a dramatic ending. Sorry if i went on a bit but i just thought i would tell you a little bit of history about one of the most exciting fighters of all time, Matthew Saad Muhammad.
    Great Insight Ice,But damn your making my feel old as dirt..."Granddad" .When I was tradeing fights,I tried to make it a point to hunt down alot of 70's era Lt.Heavys...Classic era !!! Get a copy Of Victor Galindez's "upset" over Mike Rossman for belt.Absolutley Brutal and funny as s!!!,Mikes dad going apeshit ,Sad also.Y.Lopez may have never won a belt but He brought every one to the brink of disaster.
    Saad Muhammad Indeed an ultimate warrior.Really a good technical puncher (dont laugh) early on but is one that stuck around WAY to long.Epics with Lopez,Johnson,and Galindez will make any fan proud to call themselves such.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They don't call him 'Miracle' for no reason....

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I love both of those fights, Muhammad is in my top 10 fighters(personal favorites). He threw some crazy combos and the guy never gave up in a fight. I always love his lead left uppercut straight right combo, that was pretty when it landed. CC for giving credit where credit is due.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by No Contest
    I love both of those fights, Muhammad is in my top 10 fighters(personal favorites). He threw some crazy combos and the guy never gave up in a fight. I always love his lead left uppercut straight right combo, that was pretty when it landed. CC for giving credit where credit is due.
    CC back Muhammad never seemed to be in a dull fight, amazing fighter his fights speak for themselves.

Thread Information