Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A future Heavyweight fight???

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default A future Heavyweight fight???

Here's Solis-Haye the amateur bout......man has Solis put on the pounds since then

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12-lRPoFCfk

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: A future Heavyweight fight???

That would be good but I'm not even sure Haye will make a move on the Heavy div.

I mean if I were Haye I'd wait 'till Wladdy was older then I'd move up to try and fight him.

I think Hayes doing well for himself this way at Cruiser once the money isn't right he can move to Heavy to look for the big paydays there.

El Kabong Guest

Why wait? Haye has won his title at cruiser there are no big fights left for him there and very little money when compared to heavyweight.

David Haye (if he's as good as they say) will do very well in the division and causes for some interesting matchups.

I for one would like to see Haye vs the following: Sam Peter, Nicolay Valuev, Sergei Lyakhovich, Tony Thompson, Eddie Chambers, Alexander Dimitrenko, and hell anyone in the division, of course he'd have to start out with someone like Guinn or Timor Ibragimov and work his way up safely but after 1-2 warm ups he could jump into the thick of things

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it's fine to wait he'll get some money but as much as he will in the future once hes more established as a Heavyweight.
    A Bonin was a good win but hardly a bite out of the top let's say 40 Heayweights in the world.

I agree with you the matchups against Chambers, Alexander and Peter are the ones that are most appealing.

ICB Guest

Haye is having trouble making Cruiserweight limit, so he will for certain move up to Heavyweight after Enzo fight. And he will cause some damage to the Heavyweight division i can see him beating mostly every Heavyweight out there except Wladimir, but i would even give him a punchers chance in that one.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you were a Britsish boxing fan Lyle you'd be very thankful Haye has decided on one more fight at Cruiser.

Wont be long before he's bowling over the fat plodders.

3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really like Solis good skills and a dangerous fighter. He is a fat bastard though and not the biggest heavyweight out there.

He has skills though and that immediately elevates him above virtually the whole rest of the heavyweight division.

I also like how he comes in to ring entrance music that is so offensive even Ricardo Mayorga would blush, it's all 'Suck my mutha fucking dick nigger!' I always wonder if the German audience has any idea what those lyrics are. It's so far apart from the usual German entrances, Valuev having a love song sung to him by a man with a guitar for example.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

FUCK WlAD! Nobody should be scared of the motherfucker, he's just a big clumsy sucker with a good jab and straight right. Decent left hook too. But stamina problems and a china chin. He's NOT George Foreman, hes NOT Mike Tyson, hell he's not even Lennox Lewis though he tries to fight like him.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    That would be good but I'm not even sure Haye will make a move on the Heavy div.

I mean if I were Haye I'd wait 'till Wladdy was older then I'd move up to try and fight him.

I think Hayes doing well for himself this way at Cruiser once the money isn't right he can move to Heavy to look for the big paydays there.

Thing is Haye is so confident in his power he fails to acknowledge anyone elses it seems....He is small and he will be able to use a speed advantage at times...Also the smaller HWTS will be a good fight with him...

When he reaches the big punchers and big men of the division he will understand the hardway...The Peter's, McClines even Briggs...Though like I said his speed advantage should help...not that Haye is real fast but as the smaller man moves a bit quicker....

Wlad is another story....as he improves he becomes harder to hit....if you can't hit him flush you can't KO him....and his power speaks for itself....Not a guy you want to get hit by often especially if you are pushing to make 220-225
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk
    F*** WlAD! Nobody should be scared of the motherfucker, he's just a big clumsy sucker with a good jab and straight right. Decent left hook too. But stamina problems and a china chin. He's NOT George Foreman, hes NOT Mike Tyson, hell he's not even Lennox Lewis though he tries to fight like him.
    Emmanual Steward trains him to use his height and jab. I dont think there is anything wrong with a tall guy imitating LL anyway.
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by boozeboxer
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk
    F*** WlAD! Nobody should be scared of the motherfucker, he's just a big clumsy sucker with a good jab and straight right. Decent left hook too. But stamina problems and a china chin. He's NOT George Foreman, hes NOT Mike Tyson, hell he's not even Lennox Lewis though he tries to fight like him.
    Emmanual Steward trains him to use his height and jab. I dont think there is anything wrong with a tall guy imitating LL anyway.
    Fair enuff. But the big fucker lays on people and rides them way too much. He ties up anytime anyone gets in close at all. Ali did it, a lot, and it wasn't right then and it isn't right now. Ali would fight off the ropes though, Wlad refuses too. Though the chumps he's been figthin lately have not been even puttin him on the ropes. Rey Austin? I mean COME ON!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wasn't rey austin his mandatory if i recall correctly, i can see why you would dislike wladdy but come on he's the best out of a "decent" bunch and he's only been getting better!

El Kabong Guest

Ray Austin was his mandatory.....who he beat in two rounds without using his right cross once. That fight showed everyone that there needed to be a unification fight.

Hulk you can hate on Wlad all you want to but he's THE best heavyweight out there, he's head and shoulders above everyone else

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye's doing exactly thr right thing IMO, no one else left really after Enzo in the cruiserweights, win or lose I think Haye always intended to make his long term legacy at Heavyweight, wether he can or not time will tell, but he gets a lot of credit from me for taking on Enzo, actually listening to the fans and taking the fight.

He should go up ASAp after that IMO, shouldn't wait for the likes Wladdy to get old if he wants to prove himself the best of the division.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    Ray Austin was his mandatory.....who he beat in two rounds without using his right cross once. That fight showed everyone that there needed to be a unification fight.

Hulk you can hate on Wlad all you want to but he's THE best heavyweight out there, he's head and shoulders above everyone else
    Thats only becus he is a good 6 inches taller than everyone else cept for Valuev!!!
    And its a new year, and I shall continue my trend of hatin on Wlad and givin you Klitheads the reality check you need.

Thread Information