Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The truth about the Mayweather, Cotto, Margarito, Delahoya, Williams debacle

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default The truth about the Mayweather, Cotto, Margarito, Delahoya, Williams debacle

Nobody is ducking anybody.

Recently, there has been rumors surfacing about a possible Mayweather vs. Delahoya rematch, and there's some people that are actually foolish enough to think that Floyd and Oscar are ducking Cotto, Margarito, and Williams.

Floyd and Oscar are ducking these guys the same way they are ducking Jackson Bonsu, Oktay Urkal, or Joshua Clottey. These guys that are supposedly so ducked and feared bring absolutely nothing to the table in terms of money. Cotto (although I do think he's real good these days) beat a 36 year old Mosley (barely) and Zab Judah after Mayweather torched him.

Remember Cotto fans.......... for all the shyt you talk about Mayweather fighting an old Delahoya, Mosley was substantially older when Cotto scraped out a victory with him. You gals always seem to forget this fact when bringing up the "Old-Man Delahoya," argument.

If Margarito, Williams, and Cotto are so good, why not fight each other? Margarito is fighting Judah next, and I give him some praise for that, but I don't see Cotto or Williams fighting any top contenders (Luis Collazo is NOT a top contender)

Let us not forget that if this Mayweather vs. Delahoya II fight does come off, it would probably be the second highest grossing fight in history. While the rabid boxing fans would rather see some different matchups, these two all time greats are more focused on giving THE REST OF THE WORLD what it wants, and would be more likely to shell oyt $64.95 on a PPV. Plus, it's not like the 1st fight was a total domination by Mayweather (he clearly won the fight by 3-4 rounds IMO) because there were many that felt that Delahoya was on the recieving end of a bad decision.

Bottom line, beating 36 year old Mosley and Mayweather's scraps doesn't mean the P4P champ is ducking you because he decides to take up an offer that would probably net him 15 million more dollars.
    Neither does beating Antonio "most feared/over rated welterweight of all time," Margarito, and neither does beating Joshua Clottey.

We went through this a while back when all of the Margarito drinkers were saying that PBF was scared of him (this of course was before Williams gave him a boxing lesson), and it's the same thing now.

It's the same people saying the same stuff all the time.

SigmaMu Guest

Default Re: The truth about the Mayweather /Cotto /Margarito /Delahoya /Williams debacle

Blah, blah blah blah blah blah. That is all I read from you and I basicly stopped reading after

your comment:
    "bring absolutely nothing to the table in terms of money."

This is what I wanted you to admit about Floyd. He wont fight the best. He is only willing to fight "prima donnas and divas" of the game. What ever happend to fighting the best?

BTW? You said Judah was sparked by Floyd? I think you are giving the pound for pound chicken way too much credit. Kostya Tszyu is the one who destroyed Judah and not Pretty Toy Floyd as you make it sound. I also remember that BaldoMierda tossed Judah up too. Judah gave the pound for pound wussy a nice run for his money. I swear I thought you said Judah was going to knock Cotto out. Miguel Cotto knocked Zab Judah the phuk out and that was something the pretty biatch was unable to accomplish. I know your little heart dropped when Cotto knocked out Judah. We all know why Floyd and his fans don't want to see Fraud Mayweather Jr. fight Tony or Cotto. FEAR see my nickname for the rest

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The truth about the Mayweather /Cotto /Margarito /Delahoya /Williams debacle

Quote Originally Posted by Floyd_Fears_Cotto

Blah, blah blah blah blah blah. That is all I read from you and I basicly stopped reading after

your comment:
    "bring absolutely nothing to the table in terms of money."

This is what I wanted you to admit about Floyd. He wont fight the best. He is only willing to fight "prima donnas and divas" of the game. What ever happend to fighting the best?

BTW? You said Judah was sparked by Floyd? I think you are giving the pound for pound chicken way too much credit. Kostya Tszyu is the one who destroyed Judah and not Pretty Toy Floyd as you make it sound. I also remember that BaldoMierda tossed Judah up too. Judah gave the pound for pound wussy a nice run for his money. I swear I thought you said Judah was going to knock Cotto out. Miguel Cotto knocked Zab Judah the phuk out and that was something the pretty biatch was unable to accomplish. I know your little heart dropped when Cotto knocked out Judah. We all know why Floyd and his fans don't want to see Fraud Mayweather Jr. fight Tony or Cotto. FEAR see my nickname for the rest

You're right about Kosta, he lit Zab up with 1 punch. On the other hand, Baldo hardly destroyed Zab. In fact, I've seen that fight many times, and still have Zab winning a close UD.

Let us not forget that when Mayweather signed to fight Judah, Judah was the undisputed welterweight champion of the world. Maybe you forgot, or perhaps you weren't following boxing back then, but Judah had unified the belts at welterweight.

The fight gets signed, Judah loses his tune up to Baldo, Mayweather beats Judah, then beats Baldo. Then he goes up yet another weight class and beats Oscar Delahoya. Remember?

All your post does is take away from 1 of 2 of Cotto's decent wins.

So I agree with you 100% now Danny, Cotto has 1 good win.................... and that was against 36 year old Mosley

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The truth about the Mayweather, Cotto, Margarito, Delahoya, Williams debacle

it may have been a 36 year old mosley but how do you think floyd would of done against that 36 year old mosley? i guess it'll just be left to our oppinions cause too bad the so called p4p fighter won't fight him either

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The truth about the Mayweather, Cotto, Margarito, Delahoya, Williams debacle

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Marvelous Rain
    it may have been a 36 year old mosley but how do you think floyd would of done against that 36 year old mosley? i guess it'll just be left to our oppinions cause too bad the so called p4p fighter won't fight him either
    And Shane couldn't fight Floyd because his tooth was loose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mosley ducked Mayweather for years with his various excuses (toothache , vacation with the wife to figure things out, etc.)

And YES, Mayweather said time and time again that he was willing to leap up TWO weight classes to fight Mosley (this is talking about prime Mosley, not 36 year old Mosley)

If Mayweather fought 36 year old Mosley the result would be the same UD that Cotto got, except by a much wider margin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by frozensolid_702

Mosley ducked Mayweather for years with his various excuses (toothache , vacation with the wife to figure things out, etc.)

And YES, Mayweather said time and time again that he was willing to leap up TWO weight classes to fight Mosley (this is talking about prime Mosley, not 36 year old Mosley)

If Mayweather fought 36 year old Mosley the result would be the same UD that Cotto got, except by a much wider margin.
    how can mosley be ducking floyd for years if they've never been in the same division or close to one anothers division for that long. I don't think mosley ducked floyd cause theres no reason to, imo shane was the best welterweight til cotto beat him which makes cotto the best and now floyd should fight him. I know shane was off to heigher divisions and took some time off but i give him credit for fighting the hottest in the division in cotto and it was a close fight. Since floyd didn't fight cotto shane doing it gets my respect, hopefully floyd does fight cotto so we can all see the truth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oscar isnt ducking anyone nd he never has. Now, he is a part time fighter that likes to make money. He really doesnt belong in the current boxing scene at all but because hes the golden boy he is. Mayweather on the other hand is the pound for pound #1 fighter in the world and a world champion. He should be going after the best and fight other top fighters in their prime like Cotto or even Williams. He already beat an old Oscar and if he fights him again and retires after than I really believe that he ducked Cotto. That is the fight that should happen.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by frozensolid_702

how can mosley be ducking floyd for years if they've never been in the same division or close to one anothers division for that long. I don't think mosley ducked floyd cause theres no reason to, imo shane was the best welterweight til cotto beat him which makes cotto the best and now floyd should fight him. I know shane was off to heigher divisions and took some time off but i give him credit for fighting the hottest in the division in cotto and it was a close fight. Since floyd didn't fight cotto shane doing it gets my respect, hopefully floyd does fight cotto so we can all see the truth.

Because Floyd said time and time again that Mosley was the fight he wanted the most. No disrespect, but if you read the post I made (the one you highlighted in order to respond to) you will see.

I don't know how long you have been following boxing for, but if it's been a little bit, then you should recall Mayweather trying to make this fight happen for YEARS. It was Mosley who came up with some of the all time lamest excuses for not making this fight happen.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I stopped reading when the OP compared Miguel Cotto to Oktay Urkal in terms of earning potential.

Seriously you must surely know that a Cotto Mayweather fight is at least a 1 million buy job right?

I'd bet it would probably take over 1.5 million buys which is more than I'd expect a rematch with Oscar to make in all honesty.

Right now the biggest money maker out there for Floyd is Miguel Cotto.

If/when Cotto has beaten Williams or Margarito Floyd will come out of semi retirement to face him and the fight would likely rival the first De La Hoya fight for PPV buys.

Cotto vs Mayweather is the fight that most boxing fans want to see. Floyd is merely being smart in waiting for Cotto's star to rise a little bit higher before putting pen to paper in what will probably be his career biggest payday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Money should not be the issue with Cotto and Mayweather. I think that Cotto has enough recognition and fans that they would pull alot of buys specially if they make it at Madison Square gardens. I would rather pay to see Cotto instead of a MayweaZZzzzzz oh my bad, Mayweather fight. The Oscar fight was all Oscar that got the buys Mayweather needed Oscar and there where that many buys because alot of us thought that Oscar was going to kick is @@@. Cotto is too dangerous for Mayweather. Thats why he quacks when he hears Cotto being mentioned. When he he hears Cotto he goes Quackretire, Quacktake time off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    I stopped reading when the OP compared Miguel Cotto to Oktay Urkal in terms of earning potential.

Seriously you must surely know that a Cotto Mayweather fight is at least a 1 million buy job right?

I'd bet it would probably take over 1.5 million buys which is more than I'd expect a rematch with Oscar to make in all honesty.

If/when Cotto has beaten Williams or Margarito Floyd will come out of semi retirement to face him and the fight would likely rival the first De La Hoya fight for PPV buys.

Cotto vs Mayweather is the fight that most boxing fans want to see. Floyd is merely being smart in waiting for Cotto's star to rise a little bit higher before putting pen to paper in what will probably be his career biggest payday.
    I don't agree at all.

Oscar-Floyd 2 may not be the fight that hardcore boxing fans want to see, but I guarantee you that that fight would blow away Floyd-Cotto in terms of PPVs. Oscar is still Oscar.

Floyd would make more money to fight Oscar than to fight Cotto, and it's really not even close. You're either severely underrating Oscar's popularity, severely overrating Cotto's popularity.... or both.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't agree at all.

Oscar-Floyd 2 may not be the fight that hardcore boxing fans want to see, but I guarantee you that that fight would blow away Floyd-Cotto in terms of PPVs. Oscar is still Oscar.

Floyd would make more money to fight Oscar than to fight Cotto, and it's really not even close. You're either severely underrating Oscar's popularity, severely overrating Cotto's popularity.... or both.
    I agree with you 100%, but its not Mayweather that brings in the buys its Oscar. If Oscar where to fight Hatton before or maybe even after the mayweather fight he would of made bank. He would make more than what Mayweather made thats for sure. And that goes with Cotto too.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't agree at all.

Well if you read my post correctly I said that 'if/when Cotto has beaten Margarito or Williams' a Floyd fight would rival Mayweather De La Hoya.

If they fought right now I believe it would be a 1+ million PPV show. If Floyd can get 850,000 buys for fighting Hatton a fight with Cotto would draw 1 million.

And Cotto is becoming more popular all the time. If he can add say the winner of Williams/Margarito to his resume he stamps himself as unquestionably the number 1 contender to Floyd's crown and THAT fight WOULD be bigger than a Mayweather De La Hoya rematch in my opinion.

Thread Information