I typed in headgear in google just to see how some models looked. I came across something interesting and potentially revolutionary? Maybe.

Its called a nose guard or nose protector. The kind basketball players wear when they have facial injuries i.e. Rip Hamilton, Lebron James...

This is interesting because it appears to protect not only the nose from direct impacts, but also the brow which is prone to cut. Originally, headgear for boxers was invented because fighters would often get cut in sparring which would postpone their upcoming fights. So headgear was invented to protect from cuts. Specifically headbutt induced cuts, which tend to appear on the brow. Over the years headgear began to lose touch with that idea. Excessive padding, cheek protectors, nose bars, even padding for the chin. The results of that create for an overly covered fighter who can barely see, is weighed down by the excessive bulk, and overly protected reducing the realism of being punched creating a false sense of security which translates to a fighters learning to take punches he has no business taking because there is a helmet protecting him.

These factors actually cause the fighter to be hit more than if he wasn't wearing any headgear at all.

In every boxing gym across the world you walk into you will see fighters using this kind of headgear in sparring. They tend to fight recklessly as it is nearly impossible to not fight recklessly when you can barley see.

I just wanted to know if anybody had any experience with these nose guards. They seem to able to protect from cuts along the brow in addition to protecting the nose. It appears that a direct impact would absorb on the pads which suspend the small plastic shield above the nose. They also are obviously light in weight and allow almost complete vision.

But I've never tested these or seen anyone using them for boxing.

I'm going to try and order one to see how it really works. If you have tried this before please tell me how it works and you're experiences. If you get one be sure to write a review for me.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00015QMME?...0&linkCode=asn