Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: soo...what football (soccer) team does everyone support here??

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default soo...what football (soccer) team does everyone support here??

Im pretty interested to see how many (if any at all) football fans we got here becuase obviously there are alot of Brits as members...and wondered if any of the americans have a team they follow?
    Anyways ill start the ball rolling im a West Ham United fan....have been all my life!!....
    anyone else??

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: soo...what football (soccer) team does everyone support here??

Well I'm from the states footy/soccer was the 1st sport I learned. I've been playing it all my life since I could walk.
    My great grandfathers brothers (twins) played pro in the Mexican League in the 50's/60's for Chivas de Guadalajara. One was a goalkeeper and the other a defender.

I play in a team now and have been playing for a team actively since I was 18 before that I was in between things and trying to get into College.
    I play Sundays we are currently in 1st place with 18 wins 1 loss 1 draw. I play 2 positions depending on the type of team we are playing. I can play as a defender and as a winger/right. I can't wait for this Sundays game I ordered the 25th Ann. Adidas Copa Mundials on line last week and I got them today. They come with a leather gloss and cloth to clean they also have the show molds (Wood on both ends with a steel type spring in the middle that you place inside the shoe when you put them away) in the tongue of the cleet it's white and it says in German 'Made in West Germany' it also says 'Die Weltmarke Mit Den 3 Streifen' which mean the brand with the 3 stripes... Can't even sleep thinking about playing with them. If your a footy fan and you've played footy and know then you know that 'Copa Mundials' are the best shoes to play with bar none. I've played with Copas before but they werent the ones Made in Germany they are made from the USA still considered to be good but not the same. They also came with a necklace and a post card of one of the 70's German teams.

Anyway I follow a couple of leagues and have my die hard teams that I will die with. I try to follow them closely but I will admit that I follow the LFP, FMF & EPL the closest the others I do pay a lot of attention and update weekly but I don't watch all the games like I do with the other leagues.

The Mexican League (FMF)

Club America

The Spanish League (LFP)

Real Madrid

The English League (EPL)

Manchester United [img width=700 height=525]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m133/sk1185/manchester_united.jpg[/img]

The Italian League (LNP)

AC Milan

The USA League (MLS)

LA Galaxy

The German League (BL)

Borussia Dortmund

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

fair play brother!! Ima Barcelona fan in Spain, like Juve in Italy and Bayern Munich in germany! As for america i cant say ive adopted a favourite team as yet. Who is your favourite player of the current day and of all time....Lionel Messi atm and Diego Maradona on a all time basis...and ive had the Maradona vs Pele arguement COUNTLESS times and always come with the same conclusion that lil diego is the greatest player of all time! If you need me to go through that i will btw haha!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

AHHH!!! YOU GOT ME....

I'm a Argentina fan to the death...
    I'm American both of my parents are from Mexico and almost all of my family is the same and they ALL HATE ME cause I root for Argentina always have and always will. During the World Cups they'll trash me rips my clothes, egg my car and shower me in beer cause their pissed off....

One of my earliest Argentina memorys was when Goicochea (goalkeeper) blocked a penalty in 1990 World Cup. I was 9 at the time but I remember that very well.

As for your question I guess my all time favorite then speaks for itself as I said I'm die hard Argentina.
    Of course the one and only 'Dios Diego'

As for my current favorite player I would have to say Ruud that dude can do it all pass, score, assist, kick, header you name it he can do it. He's been at the top of my list for a while now.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I got a question for you now...

If you were building a team (NOT counting the type of team you were building or style you wanted the team to play)

Who would you choose as your 1st player C. Ronaldo or Quaresma? Give me your good & bads and why you choose that player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    AHHH!!! YOU GOT ME....

I'm a Argentina fan to the death...
    I'm American both of my parents are from Mexico and almost all of my family is the same and they ALL HATE ME cause I root for Argentina always have and always will. During the World Cups they'll trash me rips my clothes, egg my car and shower me in beer cause their pissed off....

One of my earliest Argentina memorys was when Goicochea (goalkeeper) blocked a penalty in 1990 World Cup. I was 9 at the time but I remember that very well.

As for your question I guess my all time favorite then speaks for itself as I said I'm die hard Argentina.
    Of course the one and only 'Dios Diego'

As for my current favorite player I would have to say Ruud that dude can do it all pass, score, assist, kick, header you name it he can do it. He's been at the top of my list for a while now.
    haha im from england mate and i love the argies! i get soooo much stick from all me mates round here though! And obviously they all hate Maradona aswell because of 86 bla bla but it never stopped me liking him! you remember Kempes?? now that was a striker! omg and Batistuta he has to be one of my fave players ever aswell!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you were building a team (NOT counting the type of team you were building or style you wanted the team to play)

Who would you choose as your 1st player C. Ronaldo or Quaresma? Give me your good & bads and why you choose that player.
    i think Ronaldo is the better player myself so i would go with him. Ronaldo IMO plays at a much higher standard week in week out....has alot of end product in terms of the goals he scores and is very pacey. Queresma dont get me wrong is sheer class rate the fella VERY highly but i put Ronaldo above him. In my world 11 team Messi takes the right wing spot though becuase this little kid is for real this time the next maradona. His pace, touch, dribbling and finishing is SUPERB. ok heres one for you...your all time 11?? this shud be fun!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by cockey cockney

i think Ronaldo is the better player myself so i would go with him. Ronaldo IMO plays at a much higher standard week in week out....has alot of end product in terms of the goals he scores and is very pacey. Queresma dont get me wrong is sheer class rate the fella VERY highly but i put Ronaldo above him. In my world 11 team Messi takes the right wing spot though becuase this little kid is for real this time the next maradona. His pace, touch, dribbling and finishing is SUPERB. ok heres one for you...your all time 11?? this shud be fun!
    See I'm a United fan and all but I gotta say I think Quaresman IMO seems to be more mature with the ball and has better ideas.
    While Ronaldo will take a shot without hesitation from anywhere, Quaresman will 1st look up and see if theres another option maybe to pass or something if theres nothing there then he'll shoot. I just feel Quaresman is a litte more complete of a player. If Ronaldo looses the ball you can bet your ass hes not gonna run down and try to get the ball back or defend (he is getting a little better at this) on the other hand Quaresman looses a ball and hes running back to win that ball or hes running back to defend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

See I'm a United fan and all but I gotta say I think Quaresman IMO seems to be more mature with the ball and has better ideas.
    While Ronaldo will take a shot without hesitation from anywhere, Quaresman will 1st look up and see if theres another option maybe to pass or something if theres nothing there then he'll shoot. I just feel Quaresman is a litte more complete of a player. If Ronaldo looses the ball you can bet your a** hes not gonna run down and try to get the ball back or defend (he is getting a little better at this) on the other hand Quaresman looses a ball and hes running back to win that ball or hes running back to defend.
    yeah thats true...quaresma is class no doubt about it....i think i side with Ronaldo mainly because hes proving more in a better league really. 22 goals in the first half of the season in England is quite a record for a winger!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ohh and since your a man united fan i dont spose you caught the West Ham vs Man U game a few weeks back did you haha jokingg!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As for my 11, shit! It must have changed every time I post it...

Van De Sar

Baresi Marquez Beckenbauer Maldini

Becks ZiZou Diego Kaka

Pele Ronaldo

Subs:
    Cryuff
    VanBasten
    Garrincha
    Khan

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ohh and since your a man united fan i dont spose you caught the West Ham vs Man U game a few weeks back did you haha jokingg!
    We were robbed I tell 'ya!!!

Did you catch the New Castle game this past weekend?
    What team you root for on EPL?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

West Ham mate!! thats why i mentioned it....yaeh newcastle are a JOKE....honestly they change there manager soooo often that they cant get any stability....becuase every manager obviosuly has different ideas! Allardyce is a proven manager in the Prem aswell and it wasnt as if he was taking them down so they get rid and straight away lose 6-0 and tbh could of been about 12!

as for the all time 11.....mine goes.....Zoff (gk)....Maldini (LB).....B Moore(CB).....Beckenbauer(CB)....Carlos Alberto(RB)....Maradona(RW)....Platini(CM).....Mat hiues(CM)....Cryuff(LW).....Puskas (ATT)....Pele(Att)

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

West Ham mate!! thats why i mentioned it....yaeh newcastle are a JOKE....honestly they change there manager soooo often that they cant get any stability....becuase every manager obviosuly has different ideas! Allardyce is a proven manager in the Prem aswell and it wasnt as if he was taking them down so they get rid and straight away lose 6-0 and tbh could of been about 12!

as for the all time 11.....mine goes.....Zoff (gk)....Maldini (LB).....B Moore(CB).....Beckenbauer(CB)....Carlos Alberto(RB)....Maradona(RW)....Platini(CM).....Mat hiues(CM)....Cryuff(LW).....Puskas (ATT)....Pele(Att)
    Nice 11.... That's sweet...

Hey not sure if you noticed but I added some stuff on my original post...

Anyway mate gonna call it a night it's 10:00 pm here and gotta wake up early for work... Good chat mate and visit the EPL thread we got going that's where all the trash talking happens...

Cheers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Die Hard Chelsea Fan. Blue Through and through.

As for a dream 11:

Yashin in goal

Maldini
    Nesta
    Beckenbauer
    Cafu

Cruyff
    Garrincha
    Zidane
    Makelele

Pele
    Puskas