Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Hector "Macho" Camacho

Hector "Macho" Camacho was not a fighter I really followed but he's a Hall of Famer and well known in the boxing world.

I am not sure he had a KO punching power when I see his record but what were his attributes? I saw him against Julio Cesar Chavez and didn't look amazing. Saw him against Leonard but he was past his prime and coming back after a long time of not fighting. Also saw him against Duran when both were far from their prime. And now he's coming back this year to fight!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hector "Macho" Camacho

Camacho was one of the first guys to come up with the big entrences. When I see them now, most look pretty silly LOL. He was a pretty good slick boxer who got titles at 130, 135 and 140. He was best as a lightweight and he beat some good fighters there but was never what I would call a great champion. More of a title holder IMO. His career was pretty much over after his two losses to Chavez and Trinidad but he kept on fighting and beating a hole bunch of prospects, journymen old legends in Leonard and Doran and some down right bumbs as well. His only meaningful fight after that was the one against DLH who pretty much shut him out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He was great at fighting away,he'd lead you by moving back and then suddenly explode

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He didn't take as many chances as some would like but he wasn't a bad boxer.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Camacho in the mid 80's was a difficult opponent for anyone, very fast hands and never stopped moving.
    He was difficult to hit, never knocked out by Chavez,Trinidad or DLH and although had a couple of
    gift decisions (Rosario) was a good Lightweight Champion. If you look at his physique he had strong legs and his movement was almost graceful then pow he would unleash flurries of punches. Never a big puncher but awkward and would have frustrated many opponents. As the old saying goes Hit and don't be Hit, Camacho was good at that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

At least he was not a complete and utter bust like his son

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Camacho was a great fighter...Not good but great...problem is at times his flamboyance overshadowed his skills...

Camacho's biggest attribute was making his opp do what he wanted in the ring...Hector controlled the tempo and pace of the fight....he frustrated his opponents to the point they could spit nails...people tended to mistake that for running but believe me when i tell you it is not an easy task to do especially against world caliber opp....Camacho had power but chose not to use it...early on he was getting guys out of there but after his bout with rosario he made the defense style his trademark...it carried him well I would have to say....

I was never a fan of him personally because he is just a flat out asshole...not just in front of the cameras but in general...he is the equivalent of a dime store hood...he has zero class as a person but he could box his ass off...You can't take that from him
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with my man Daxx. I think Camacho was a great fighter. I think he was good for boxing. People paid to watch Camacho. Rosario made him change his style, but he still had heart. One thing about Camacho, he never quit.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You could see the reality envelope Camacho mid way through Rosario onslaught.Good Point reflect of VD, Camacho saw the light when caught and stunned up buy Edwin twice. For all the glitz Camacho had some glory also.

Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    I agree with my man Daxx. I think Camacho was a great fighter. I think he was good for boxing. People paid to watch Camacho. Rosario made him change his style, but he still had heart. One thing about Camacho, he never quit.
    I cant agree with that i think Camacho was a very good fighter , but i cannot put the word GREAT next to him.
    Also he was an anoying prick.
    VERY GOOD FIGHTER / NOT GREAT thats my opinion.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He has the most unsutible nickname in boxing history.

He was far from "Macho".He use to run/move and do a lot of holding.
    Balls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    I cant agree with that i think Camacho was a very good fighter , but i cannot put the word GREAT next to him.
    Also he was an anoying prick.
    VERY GOOD FIGHTER / NOT GREAT thats my opinion.

World titles in 2 different divisions...never stopped in 85 fights...only lost 5 of the 85....fought some big big names....Thats just a bit better then very good....

Quote Originally Posted by porkypara
    He has the most unsutible nickname in boxing history.

He was far from "Macho".He use to run/move and do a lot of holding.

Like I said you don't have to like his style but it sure as hell worked for him

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How many times was he knocked down? The one's I recall was against ODLH which interestingly, before the fight, he said that he would not go down against ODLH no matter what.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Chino
    How many times was he knocked down? The one's I recall was against ODLH which interestingly, before the fight, he said that he would not go down against ODLH no matter what.

I think 3 or 4 at most....against DLH he was long past his best years though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Camacho was a very good fighter, do not forget he beat the man who beat Pernel Whitaker for the first time, Jose Luis Ramirez. He also had great fights and won with Mancini, Haugen, Pazienza, Tony Baltazar, Rosario (battle of 2 Puertorrican legends), among many others. I see the posts of his fights with Duran, De La Hoya, Leonard, but remember he was past his prime (as well as Leonard and Duran). Not to mention his shows...
    Puerto Rico, Small Island, Big Champions!!!

Thread Information