Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ANDY LEE!!!

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default ANDY LEE!!!

Well I am sure everyone has heard a little about this guy but just to give you some more background on him here are a few videos.

VS Jess Salway....Lee's 5th pro fight, shows his natural combination punching
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z_iC8TGQa8

VS Carl Daniels.....tell me Andy hasn't been working with Wladimir Klitschko (he turns the jab into a hook) DON'T BLINK
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2bPJQcDyu0

Right now Andy Lee is 23 years old, 14 (11 KO's)-0-0 and his last win was a RTD in the 6th vs the 18(5 K's)-1 Jason McKay for the vacant Irish Super Middleweight title.

And he is currently scheduled to fight again February 2nd in his hometown of Limerick, Ireland vs an opponent yet to be named.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: ANDY LEE!!!

Can't say I know much of him...I have only seen clips..but have heard good things though....
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He reminds me of a Amatuer Bantam of the 60s called Mickey Carter was a good fighter and a good Southpaw.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Have not seen alot of lee.Daniels was a good resume boost but he was very far gone & past "It" in career.Whatever the circumstances it was a brutal Highlight reel Ko win for Lee though.Freaking gunshot victim KO

He looks pretty mechanical and raw but he's still learning .Middle is somewhat clearing out with Taylor,Miranda moving up ,if he sticks it out there he should be matched smartly.

Manny can do wonders as long as his guy's have the natural fire and mentality.He can hone the skills after that.Hope to see Lee in the mix.Super Middle will be a tougher go at this point,quickly becoming a stacked division.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The kids got very good posture, a very good sign.

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Geeze Lyle ya pretty much got a hard on for any whiteboy trained by Manny Stewart don't ya?
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Glad to see Andy getting some recognition. When I first came to the forum I said he'd be something by the end of this year.

He's a great guy, very nice to speak to and with a great attitude. Before his last fight (against a natural Light Heavy, the fight took place at sm) he was mocked before the fight and had his heart questioned. Throughout the fight he fired combinations, in between each he tapped his chest and retired his man early. He showed real aggression that night.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk
    Geeze Lyle ya pretty much got a hard on for any whiteboy trained by Manny Stewart don't ya?
    Hey I like most Manny Steward fighters, except Harris and Cintron....whom I don't hate but I don't really like

Jonathan Banks is another good fighter he has and he's also training Hasim Rahman Jr. and if he has the power and physical size of his dad then Manny's style will really do wonders for him. If Hasim Rahman had a jab and a left hook, he would have been more than a one hit wonder but all he had was the right cross.

And you can't look at Andy Lee and tell me that RIGHT NOW he couldn't beat John Duddy by KO

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ive big hopes for Andy Lee, he looks to have all the tools.
    My only concern was in his last fight against McKay he got a nasty cut on one of his eyes
    hopefully it was a one off, but wont be good for him if he cuts easily

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If he can stay at 160, he will champ soon after Pavlik heads up to SMW, assuming he doesn't fall victim to the downfall of many tall beanpole punchers - weak chin. I'm not sure his guy has been hit flush by a real puncher because his offense is so good he just plows through guys, and he has good defensive skill as well. I'm a big fan, but I'm always wary of prospects until I see them battle through adversity. I was the same way about Pavlik, but once I saw him stand up to Miranda, I became completely sold.

I think Lyle is probably right, Andy could probably beat Duddy now, but Duddy would be the best fighter he's ever faced, and he can punch a little, as well as take a punch. I'm not sure how "I can move my head" Duddy could get past Lee's reach. Other than eating one to give two.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good footage, he looks like he has potential. I look forward to seeing him in the future.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In reality Duddy is nothing but a rough rough diamond. He's been gifted already on a number of occasions and stumbled at such obstacles as Howard Eastman and even the Italian Alessio Forlan.
    As I mentione in a previous thread I felt the introduction of Don Turner into Duddy's camp would be of great benefit, however, John has failed to evolve and looked rather ordinary and beatable in recent outings. I wish him well and would dearly love to see a countryman succeed but I feel he lacks the physical size and power to impose his style upon the middleweight division.

Lee is a different proposition. If I'm correct he is now 24, has a fantastic amateur pedigree and seems to excel with each fight and training camp. His defensiveness is underrated as he hasn't shown it in the pro's, so I urge you to remember, in the amateurs andd even the Olympics he was famed for his elusiveness and tight defense, not his offense!

I would dearly love to see both succeed, however, I feel there will be one top level Irish Middleweight. Judging on recent form, apparent potential and development, I defy anyone to tell me that Lee doesn't look like he will be a lot better than Duddy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Andy Lee is gonna be immense imo. Reminds me of Thomas Hearns.
    "Run along dear, man talk" James Bond, 007, Goldfinger(1964)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Rover
    Andy Lee is gonna be immense imo. Reminds me of Thomas Hearns.
    Me, too. That's why I'm afraid he might end up having some chin issues, but I'll reserve judgement. I'm definately on the bandwagon.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Because of his posture which is different from Hearns, he should read a shot better because of vision

Thread Information