Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Shot of the Day

I got a good chuckle when I saw this. http://www.fightnews.com/ Looks like Taylor is borrowing a page out of the Kelly Pavlik training book. I really think Taylor is on a mission. Im pulling for him more in this one than the first....guess I just root for the underdog too much.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Shot of the Day

Quote Originally Posted by No Contest
    I got a good chuckle when I saw this. http://www.fightnews.com/ Looks like Taylor is borrowing a page out of the Kelly Pavlik training book. I really think Taylor is on a mission. Im pulling for him more in this one than the first....guess I just root for the underdog too much.
    Ha! Ha! Ha! JT trying the same routine as Pavlik hoping it does a miracle for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That used to be a staple for many fighters...
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If he starts pushing a SUV around Little Rock I will piss my pants laughing.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by No Contest
    If he starts pushing a SUV around Little Rock I will piss my pants laughing.
    I ain't training for nothing, but I need to push my car to start it about once a fortnight in winter, so I wouldn't advise it to nobody.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh thats rich He's kinda missing the point ,you don't drag that big f!!!ker into the ring.
    Taylor going old school lumber jack style.Haaa.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe they are using the bounciness of the ring to give him resistance when it bounces back, that should help him get him hands back after punches, I would think.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I THINK we are quick to forget, taylor nearly stopped pavlik by an inch in the second round was it?

Anways i think if taylor trains hard and focus on redemtion, we will have ourselves a trilogy and taylor proving how great of a champion he is by bouncing back up to the top.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Marvelous Rain
    I THINK we are quick to forget, taylor nearly stopped pavlik by an inch in the second round was it?

Anways i think if taylor trains hard and focus on redemtion, we will have ourselves a trilogy and taylor proving how great of a champion he is by bouncing back up to the top.
    Very good point...also Taylor had been slipping by fighting lesser guys not taking things seriously....Maybe he is just getting serious and starting to pull it together and he knows he screwed up?....I think everyone forgets Taylor is a top caliber fighter...and is just a little too wrapped up in Pavlik....

Steward's whole problem with Taylor was his approach towards things not that he felt Jermain did not have it anymore

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I picked Pavlick to win their 1st bout, I am picking Taylor for the rematch
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I picked Taylor the first time...and i got £50 on pavlik to take it this time.
    "It wasn't the night of the jab"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Going to be a great fight either way, I'm thinking Taylor will make it last longer, but still going with Pavlik. IMO Taylor took the rematch a little early. Perhaps one fight against another tough but not as dangerous guy to check how the new training regime is progressing, but I ain't complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Daxx Kahn
    From a training perspective, do they simply just whack the tire as hard as they can or is there a specific technique?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bomp
    Going to be a great fight either way, I'm thinking Taylor will make it last longer, but still going with Pavlik. IMO Taylor took the rematch a little early. Perhaps one fight against another tough but not as dangerous guy to check how the new training regime is progressing, but I ain't complaining.

From a training perspective, do they simply just whack the tire as hard as they can or is there a specific technique?

It is the repetitiveness of swinging the sledge hammer that the workout comes in...the tire serves as a shock absorber and offers some bounce back cushion to avoid any type of muscle trauma..it actually takes more out of you to hit a semi soft surface then a solid hard one believe it or not....

The workout also helps you use all your muscles...back, glutes, shoulders etc....it will give you muscle memory so when you punch your body will automatically use all the muscles when throwing the punch giving you much more power...

Chuck Lidell uses it as part of his workout and he has fantastic one punch power.....

Helps stamina as well

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bomp

It is the repetitiveness of swinging the sledge hammer that the workout comes in...the tire serves as a shock absorber and offers some bounce back cushion to avoid any type of muscle trauma..it actually takes more out of you to hit a semi soft surface then a solid hard one believe it or not....

The workout also helps you use all your muscles...back, glutes, shoulders etc....it will give you muscle memory so when you punch your body will automatically use all the muscles when throwing the punch giving you much more power...

Chuck Lidell uses it as part of his workout and he has fantastic one punch power.....

Helps stamina as well
    i agree i remember trying that out and it also has a massage feeling to it. where it brings back a shock wave of the vibrationg your power of swinging down to it towards your entire upper body. If you swing hard enough though the shock wave can reach down towards your hip. Its a great feeling and an unexplain power comes surging towards you and i think that feeling repels your muscles or body from getting tired the more you do it.

Thread Information