Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Official *SPOILER* CLOVERFIELD movie discussion thread!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Official *SPOILER* CLOVERFIELD movie discussion thread!

alright buds. i do not care much for the CLOVERFIELD movie but everyone keeps Fin talking about it. so who ever seen it spill ya guts on all the secrets here for us please.

i heard its shot blair witch style so it will give you motion sickness like alot of people did when blair witch came out alot of people were throwing up in the theaters and i just dont need that LOL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Official *SPOILER* CLOVERFIELD movie discussion thread!

so for those of you who seen it:

1) wtf is the big monster? is it like a godzilla thing?
    2) what are some other major secrets of the film?
    3) did it suck asss or was it actually cool?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

JJ abrams has been pretty spot on with his alias, mission impossible 3, LOST etc. so i dont see it being that cheezy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DAVID TUA

3) did it suck ass or was it actually cool?

************************************************** *****************************
    Only read this if you really REALLY want to know.
    1- it is not revealed what the monster is, but it's not a Godzilla type. It's actually a human who found =something= on the ocean floor and consumed it. You would have to visit http://slusho.jp/ to read more for yourself, but it describes his transformation as going from "a little fish to a big whale". For more secrets just poke around the site and go to wikipedia to see where else you can go, but it was really good. One of those movies you can just sit back, turn off your brain and enjoy. I'll probably buy it.
    Oops

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by liquid

3) did it suck ass or was it actually cool?

************************************************** *****************************
    1- it is not revealed what the monster is, but it's not a Godzilla type. It's actually a human who found =something= on the ocean floor and consumed it. You would have to visit http://slusho.jp/ to read more for yourself, but it describes his transformation as going from "a little fish to a big whale". For more secrets just poke around the site and go to wikipedia to see where else you can go, but it was really good. One of those movies you can just sit back, turn off your brain and enjoy. I'll probably buy it.
    wtf.. where on that site does it have discussion for Cloverfield

Anyway.. i thought the movie was as bad as the previews looked.. it's a demon looking monster thing that destroys buildings, and he has these little bug things with him that attack people and shit.. The military comes in and tries to kill it, and at the end the last two people die.. I listened to a clip that takes place after the credits and when it was shown in theatres the clip is backwards audio.. so it sounds like a diff language, but when you play it backwards it says "it's still alive".. meaning there will most likely be a sequel. I also read that at the end, when they show a piece of footage from the camera of the guy and girl, the camera shows the ocean and you can see a splash in the ocean which apparently is supposed to be whatever the monster is considering this footage took place before the night of all the destruction..

Don't waste your money in the theatres, download it online or if you HAVE to, rent it.. There is all this hype about OMG WHAT KIND OF MONSTER IS IT?!?! and you see it for a few seconds and it's nothing special.. but you have to wait til the last like 5 minutes, making the first hour and 10 dreadful, unless you like people running around on a shaky camera screaming because buildings are exploding. 1.5/5 rating.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The website says nothing about Cloverfield. That was part of the marketing plan- to leak info about the movie without leaking info about the movie. It's risky, of course. The company that guy was going to Japan to work for is the same company that produces slusho.

We'll have to agree to disagree. My only complaint about the movie was the intense camera shaking. I wasn't going into this thinking I was getting a Shakespearean performance nor was I looking for a complex story. It's a rollercoaster ride- do you really need to think to sit back and enjoy it? I give it a 4 out of 5 and I'll definitely be watching it again.
    Oops

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The website says nothing about Cloverfield. That was part of the marketing plan- to leak info about the movie without leaking info about the movie. It's risky, of course. The company that guy was going to Japan to work for is the same company that produces slusho.

We'll have to agree to disagree. My only complaint about the movie was the intense camera shaking. I wasn't going into this thinking I was getting a Shakespearean performance nor was I looking for a complex story. It's a rollercoaster ride- do you really need to think to sit back and enjoy it? I give it a 4 out of 5 and I'll definitely be watching it again.
    fair enough.. i guess if you go into the movie expecting to see a bad movie, and you see a bad movie, than it's not so bad? that's how i interpret what you're saying.. I wasn't looking for Shakespeare elements, or a complex story either, and i still thought it was garbage.. I can enjoy action/suspense movies without needed an in depth story but this was just boring.. it was like the Scream movies where you have 5-7 friends and the story and suspense revolves around who's going to be the next one to die.. give me a break..

at times i seriously felt that i was watching a "behind the scenes -- special effects" special feature on a DVD.. it's like okay, the camera is pointing to a window, whats going to explode next??.. boring.. From what you're saying about that other website, it seemed like there NEEDED to be some sort of risky/mysterious marketing to make this film decent. Pretty sure it did well at the box office, but i've never seen so much hate on a film from reading articles in a while..

for the record, i watched the HD DVD of 300 last week.. and just going back to what you said about not having to think, and not having a complex story but still enjoying it.. well i thought of 300..

for 300 to be a DECENT movie, keeping the storyline in mind, it would have to have a number of GREAT elements..

and it did.. the visuals were FANTASTIC i thought.. and i'm referring to the costumes and colors and such, not the scenery.. even though it looked like it was filmed on a very small set (no idea if it was) it still looked great.. There was decent acting even though it wasn't great at times, but still a lot better than some mainstream flicks that come across.. and there was a ton of just straight up fighting and action.

So even though i didn't think 300 was a GREAT movie.. it was still entertaining and had a vague historic background.. a fantastic movie to see in theaters and a good movie when there's a bunch of people over you can just throw it on for some sort of background ambiance if you will.. So i'd say that even though it wasn't a good 'film' it was an entertaining movie, which gets points in my book..

Cloverfield lacked background ( i understand the mystery of the 'monster' ) and just seemed to come out of nowhere.. I also think that a sci-fi/action/suspense movie like this isn't really meant for a mainstream audience.. Not everyone liked King Kong, Godzilla, Independence Day etc.. which is why, from what i've read, the majority of the audience was disapointed..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

they should remake godzilla vs. mechagodzilla starring mel gibson and masterblaster

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok, this Abrams guy has ripped off almost everyone in making this movie. The monster is a rip off of Cthulhu(H.P. Lovcraft), and the plot is Godzilla minus the background info of the monster. I havent seen it so I wont write it off completely but from what I've heard, theres alot left to be desired. They should have made Cthulhu into a movie and tie it in with Scientology, they are kind of similar if you think about it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have to say the marketing is kind of genius not telling alot about the movie does make you want to know more. I have a feeling this is like The Blair Witch, once the initial weekend pulls in huge numbers the word will get out, and either you wanna see this and draw your own conclusions or it gets trashed hard like Blair Witch. My friend said it was good....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

3) did it suck a** or was it actually cool?

CC buddy! i still would rather hear from you guys then actually waste 12dollars, just finding out what the monster looks like and all the secrets is all i need to know but thanks again buddy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

3) did it suck a** or was it actually cool?

Oops, I was wrong. It may not be a human. But CC right back to you.

CC buddy! i still would rather hear from you guys then actually waste 12dollars, just finding out what the monster looks like and all the secrets is all i need to know but thanks again buddy
    Oops

Thread Information