Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Inaccurate Boxing Movies

Doesn’t just bother you when boxing movies get it so wrong

Like in Million Dollar Baby, during the title fight, while Hillary Swank is walking back to her corner after the round ends, and her opponent runs over and punches her in the back of the head—and then Hillary Swank, who cant continue looses? WTF?

Also in Rocky 2, when Rocky knocks Creed down, and trips at the same time. Why then does Rocky have to beat Apollo’s count to win? WTF?

Also in Cinderella Man, Max Baer is portrayed like a Nazi. WTF?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Inaccurate Boxing Movies

hahaha.. i agree with you 100%.. especially in the Rocky movie.

cause then when your girlfriend is sitting next to you watching a fight asking all these dumb questions, she'll be like

"oh no now he has to get up before the other guy gets counted out right?"

"no"

"yes he does! i saw it in Rocky!!!"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by lance Uppercut

Like in Million Dollar Baby, during the title fight, while Hillary Swank is walking back to her corner after the round ends, and her opponent runs over and punches her in the back of the head—and then Hillary Swank, who cant continue looses? WTF?

Also in Rocky 2, when Rocky knocks Creed down, and trips at the same time. Why then does Rocky have to beat Apollo’s count to win? WTF?

LOL I never really thought about that Only seen it about 15 times too :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agree with everything but this...I they pulled out Baer quite nicely. Baer weren't no sweet heart...especially compared to Braddock...& thus the exagerations from time to time.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

ICB Guest

The Hurricane has to be up there 90 percent of it was BS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How dare anyone speak ill of Rocky, the greatest cinematic adventures of all time.

But yea, lets look at Rocky IV. The opening minute of Drago/Balboa would have been stopped by any ref on planet Earth after the bombs the Rock took. Man, I love that movie. I love all Rockys, even the terrible ones. Which was all of them but the first one. Let it be said though, that Rocky IV, for its time and place, may have been the greatest movie OF its time and place. America needed that movie just then.

Cinderella Man was awesome.

Million Dollar Baby just made me vomit. Something about Hilary Swank makes me want to punch her in the liver.

Raging Bull was cool, if cheesy.

Never saw Hurricane, but the book was good. Except for all the Canadian mumbo jumbo. Im gonna get some sad clicks for this, but I dont trust the Canadians. Just sitting on top of us, plotting and scheming. You never hear sh*t about them, which is also worrisome. In the end, it wont be China or North Korea or even the terrorist from the middle east that do us in. It will be the Canadians, storming in here politely and trashing our sh*t. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but i see it in the stars and smell it on the, uh, wind.

Also, this one Canadian guy tried to scam me out of $5k on one of them lottery fraud emails. So, yea, its personal. Also, Celine Dion. Enough said. Oh, and Bryan Adams. NOW enough said.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Cold Boxing
    Was a good film though.....probably needed it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Fisticuffs
    How dare anyone speak ill of Rocky, the greatest cinematic adventures of all time.

But yea, lets look at Rocky IV. The opening minute of Drago/Balboa would have been stopped by any ref on planet Earth after the bombs the Rock took. Man, I love that movie. I love all Rockys, even the terrible ones. Which was all of them but the first one. Let it be said though, that Rocky IV, for its time and place, may have been the greatest movie OF its time and place. America needed that movie just then.

Cinderella Man was awesome.

Million Dollar Baby just made me vomit. Something about Hilary Swank makes me want to punch her in the liver.

Raging Bull was cool, if cheesy.

Never saw Hurricane, but the book was good. Except for all the Canadian mumbo jumbo. Im gonna get some sad clicks for this, but I dont trust the Canadians. Just sitting on top of us, plotting and scheming. You never hear sh*t about them, which is also worrisome. In the end, it wont be China or North Korea or even the terrorist from the middle east that do us in. It will be the Canadians, storming in here politely and trashing our sh*t. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but i see it in the stars and smell it on the, uh, wind.

Also, this one Canadian guy tried to scam me out of $5k on one of them lottery fraud emails. So, yea, its personal. Also, Celine Dion. Enough said. Oh, and Bryan Adams. NOW enough said.
    So tell me, were you watching Canadian Bacon or was it Beives and Butthead the movie?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"The Great White Hype"...I think that was the title with Samuel Jackson as a promoter...
    Funny movie...the special punch of the white boxer was the "downward hook"...LoL...

Hidden Content

Arturo "THUNDER" Gatti 1972-2009

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The fight between Carter and Joey Giardello was shown as some racially motivated decision for Giardello. Even Carter admitted he lost the fight. I understand Giardello sued and the filmmakers settled out of court for an undisclosed amount. The portrayl of Max Bear in Cinderella Man was also wrong. Max's son Max jr. (Jethro in the Beverly Hillbillies) complained to director Ron Howard who explained that he portrayed Max the way he did because the film needed a villian.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agreed,The Hurricane was total BS! Max Baer was portrayed poorly in Cinderella Man but overall this was a good movie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

there bouts in some of the Rocky movies where silverstre stallions gloves change colour.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Million Dollar Baby is the one that sticks in my craw...

I get what the critics like - great performances, emotional depth of characters blah blah blah.

THE FACT IS - if the fight had gone down like that that German bitch would have BEEN UP ON CRIMINAL CHARGES AND WOULD HAVE BEEN FUCKING DISQUALIFIED.

It's like when that Butler fuckhead suckerpunched Grant (I think it was Grant) - he did time for that.

Maggie should have been the champ.

I like this movie BUT jeez the boxing bit really lets it down for me. Also incredible was Maggie's record - all first and second round knockouts, she was the Edwin Valero of female boxers.
    "I take good care of my people. I like to inflict permanent psychological damage."

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Remember"Diggstown" with Lou Gosset Jr.He had to fight and beat like 10 fighters in one night or something.Got a kick out of it as they had 90's supposed "next heavy weight champ" Alex Garcia as the big bad guy he had to beat at end. Garcia made a deal,looked at Gosset Jr.,winked and fell down for count.......Art imitating life Lol and pretty accurate

Also "Play it to the bone",final fight was pretty damn convincing if I remember right,good flick

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Canvasback
    The fight between Carter and Joey Giardello was shown as some racially motivated decision for Giardello. Even Carter admitted he lost the fight. I understand Giardello sued and the filmmakers settled out of court for an undisclosed amount. The portrayl of Max Bear in Cinderella Man was also wrong. Max's son Max jr. (Jethro in the Beverly Hillbillies) complained to director Ron Howard who explained that he portrayed Max the way he did because the film needed a villian.
    Not only that, it seems Bob Dylan got it wrong too.

Innocent?
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Thread Information